WERA Race report: Pittsburgh 9/5-9/6 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cyclepath

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-14-2015, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

WERA Race report: Pittsburgh 9/5-9/6

Race Report: WERA North Central final round at Pittsburgh International Raceway (Beaver Run) 9/5/15- 9/6/15
Another solid weekend of great racing and great people. We raced 6 races and walked away with 2 first places, 3 seconds, and 1 third place finish. I rode the ZX10 in 4 races and found that this track is a real challenge on a big bike compared to last season on the 636. We had a local challenger that was going very fast and giving us something to chase. We ended up going faster than last year and were only a little more than a second off the track records so it was a good feeling but a whole lot of work.
For a change of pace my friend Marcus Miller loaned me his 2009 ZX6R to pick up a couple more races for such a long road trip. The bike has a stock motor and is way down on HP compared to my 636 (and my competitors) from last year yet riding it i felt like i could do almost anything. With ZERO changes to the bike besides preload, i went out to win my first race and get 2nd in the other on takeoffs from the ZX10 (3 races already). I really love the 600's, so much fun to ride. Now its got me thinking though, how would i have done on a 636 smile emoticon With only 2 race weekends with WERA, we ended up with 3rd in the Championships for F1 and A SBK.
We used to live in Pittsburgh, so we had friends come visit. It was great to see Jeff, Gina, and Christopher Ferri. Also nice to meet Chris's friend China. Finally we were very excited to be able to take Marcus and Danielle Marie downtown Pittsburgh to Primanti Bros, and to ride the Incline to Station Square. Lots of fun! Big thanks to the best products and services in the buisness. Design Engine Education, Farrell Performance, Pirelli Moto, Pop Shadow Decals, JRI, Hindle Exhaust, STG, Pilot Motosport,, Vortex Racing Fan Page, Skutr-Net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIRC3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	339714   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIRC2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	339722   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIRC1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	339730   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIRC4.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	339738  
SOUN1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in