Vermeulen out for the rest of the year - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Vermeulen out for the rest of the year

Chris Vermeulen is going to sit out the rest of the season since he re-injured his knee at the Brno WSBK race. I wonder if Kawasaki will try to fill his seat or will they park the bike for the rest of the year? I would like to see Hacking have a shot at riding it. Could be interesting.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta xray View Post
Chris Vermeulen is going to sit out the rest of the season since he re-injured his knee at the Brno WSBK race. I wonder if Kawasaki will try to fill his seat or will they park the bike for the rest of the year? I would like to see Hacking have a shot at riding it. Could be interesting.
hacking would be ok.I think they should get back eric bostrom!now that dude can ride.he did well on the kawi in its 750 and 800 days when he had no 10 to ride.I would love to see him on the 10.I hear hes coming back to ama on a gixer.

LOR, PCIII,SHARKSKINZ.TECH SPEC,CRG,PZRACING GEAR INDICATOR AND SHIFT LIGHT,VORTEX,OSF REARSETS,MAVIRYK 8 CELL BATT,OHLINS STEERING DAMPER,ROCKWALL CLIPONS,GOODRIDGE BRAKE LINES,COX RACING RADIATOR GAURD,DID GOLD CHAIN,CHAMP CHAIN ADJUSTERS,NISSIN FRONT CALIPERS,ZERO GRAVITY,WOODCRAFT,EBC EXTREME PRO,XT RACING LAP TIMER,T-REX FRAME SLIDERS.GP STYL SHIFT
post #3 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to LaurenOE
I hate to be cruel..but get rid of Vermeulen now before the 2011 ZX10R comes on line. The last thing we need is a rider that is not 110% to be taking the new bike through it's paces. Buy his contract out and get another rider. WE NEED TO WIN. Enough of low-balling talent to ride Kawasaki.

2005 ZZR1200
2007 ZZR600
2008 ZX10R
2007 KLX250
2009 Zuma 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

bring Yanagawa out of test ride/semi retirement status or better still put Shinya Nakano on it

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #5 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenOE View Post
I hate to be cruel..but get rid of Vermeulen now before the 2011 ZX10R comes on line. The last thing we need is a rider that is not 110% to be taking the new bike through it's paces. Buy his contract out and get another rider. WE NEED TO WIN. Enough of low-balling talent to ride Kawasaki.
Exactly.

-Josh

Just a Playa In Management Position
post #6 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyzx10r View Post
bring Yanagawa out of test ride/semi retirement status or better still put Shinya Nakano on it
It don't matter who you put on this years bike, its a fricking boat anchor, I am embarrased to call myself a Kawi fan. That bike should not be slow, they have had three full years of development on it, no excuse:headshake

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #7 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
It don't matter who you put on this years bike, its a fricking boat anchor, I am embarrased to call myself a Kawi fan. That bike should not be slow, they have had three full years of development on it, no excuse:headshake
too true :headshake KHI needs to step up the game a lot,hopefully the new model will fair better

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #8 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
Well Hacking in WSBK would get his ass handed to him. Did he win a race in AMA on the 10 at all? Go after Maladin or somebody for the testing and then try to get Toni Elias with some big bucks to switch over if you can. But hey my .02 is as good as anybodys because we all know Kawi will suck it up all year like they always do.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I don't think it matters who they get to ride the damn thing, it's a brick......hell anyone would be hard pressed to even be competitive on the kawi unless they got a 10 second handicap or something! you think that KHI is going to pay big bucks to try and get someone good to ride a bike that's not capable of keeping pace with the rest of the field? hopefully next year will be different BUT that remains to be seen. I love my kawi's but it has always pissed me off to watch the struggle outside the AMA....and even there we're still having hell.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #10 of 19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
It's a brick, LOLOLOLOLO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in