USSB series might be smoke and mirrors... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-11-2008, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Exclamation USSB series might be smoke and mirrors...

GoFaster mentioned this in another thread. I posted it there, but also thought it was worthy of it's own where everyone can see it.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=34138

Very interesting read.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I think for those that supported the USSB or the Manufactures just got a Real Kick in the Arse. This guys says it all with statements like this and what some thought all along:

"After we met with Roger we spent two and a half hours with Tim Buche, and I felt stupider after the meeting than I did before. Because it was two and a half hours of conversation with zero information being given. And what weíre seeing with this latest press release from MIC is a continuation."

"We have the perspective of being a track that promotes nearly every major professional racing series in the country. From NASCAR to Indy Car to NHRA, we deal with first-rate sanctioning bodies that know what theyíre doing and take charge. For the last 10 years AMA motorcycle racing has been the most poorly organized, miserably promoted enterprise that we have ever been associated with. And if it werenít for the fact that we feel a certain responsibility to the very active motorcycle racing community in Northern California we would have thrown our hands up, or should have thrown our hands up years ago and just gotten out of the business, which I think we are close to doing now."

I think they are talking about Mladin in this quote:

"The competitors are beholden to the manufacturers alone. They are completely out of control. You canít get support from riders to do media and promotional events. They shoot their mouths off and say whatever they want, and theyíre not answerable to anybody. I mean, there are times when our management team sits around and says, ĎWhy the Hell are we doing this?"

I know it's only 1 race Track but things are not looking good for next year. :headshake
post #3 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, right now the DMG also has nothing without the manufactures. Where is their schedule, racers and teams? So far only Yamaha has committed to DMG, but hasn't fully ruled out the MIC. I can't see them excluding themselves from racing the other 3. Honda and Suzuki has committed to MIC. Kawasaki said they will go with the org that has real superbikes, which is a pc commitment to MIC.

I agree it is a bad situation for the racing environment. But who started the problem? The DMG comes in and pretty much tells the manufactures to go F themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Its also my understanding the DMG has the tracks already booked, and MIC dosen't. MIC might be forced to race on less than ideal tracks.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS867 View Post
Its also my understanding the DMG has the tracks already booked, and MIC dosen't. MIC might be forced to race on less than ideal tracks.
If that is true, where is the schedule / announcement? I haven't seen anything. I don't think anyone is signing up without at least most of the big players and DMG doesn't have them.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-15-2008, 03:29 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN10R View Post
Well, right now the DMG also has nothing without the manufactures. Where is their schedule, racers and teams? So far only Yamaha has committed to DMG, but hasn't fully ruled out the MIC. I can't see them excluding themselves from racing the other 3. Honda and Suzuki has committed to MIC. Kawasaki said they will go with the org that has real superbikes, which is a pc commitment to MIC.

I agree it is a bad situation for the racing environment. But who started the problem? The DMG comes in and pretty much tells the manufactures to go F themselves.
whoa....back up there for a second.....How many time did DMG change the "rules package" for the 09 season bcause the manu's asked them to or the mani\u's were bitching about the rules? I recal several different variations on the rules....each time DMG giving into the manu's demands....they finally got sick of it and said these are the rules that you wanted...now sign the line and let's get started.....the manu's chose not to, so they sealed their own fate.....DMG told the manu's to f off after they chose not to sign the rules they wanted in the first place....so really, whose fault is it??????

If you're not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
post #7 of 12 Old 09-15-2008, 03:31 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

DMG has the Speed TV deal so there is that side of it....DMG owns an awful lot of race tracks in this country.....DMG already gave the big 4 their chance and they walked....DMG will carry on without them and probably have a better race series because of it....

If you're not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
post #8 of 12 Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Given that their current rules package is based on homologation, which relies on manufacturer-supplied sample parts and specifications ... something's gotta give if the manufacturers don't homologate any of their bikes.

There's another article on RRW which indicates that Honda might be moving forward with DMG. It has been reported quite a few times that several track owners are holding off with signing anything with DMG until they see which way the balance tips. (Obviously, that's not true of the tracks sharing the DMG ownership group - but that's not all of them.) Kawasaki is waiting to see where the other manufacturers are going. Yamaha is the only one to have made a commitment. I think it's a given that Suzuki will go to anything but DMG if they have a choice ... to me, it looks like they've burned too many bridges with DMG.

So, it's a waiting game, everyone waits for the other side to jump, and nothing happens.

I did not like DMG's approach when they started this whole mess, but I think they've realized that they can go nowhere without manufacturer participation.

by the way, KTM has announced participation in DMG also. I realize that they're a minor manufacturer, but still ...

I hope what happens is that Honda announces participation with DMG, and that tips Kawasaki to participate with DMG and tips the track owners to sign up with DMG. Suzuki can go F themselves as far as I'm concerned, but with three other manufacturers and all the tracks going with DMG. this will lead to MIC/USSB being dead in the water, and Suzuki will revert to DMG.

The best thing for US roadracing right now is for one series or the other to go away ... and given the NASCAR backing, I can't see that being the DMG.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #9 of 12 Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well letís see. Who came in a said, we know you have previously agreed upon rules for the 2009 season, but we donít care we are changing everything. We are not just making small changes, but we are eliminating classes and changing the ones we want to keep massively. We are not sure exactly what the final rules will be; we will let you know that later. Be clear, we donít care about your superbike class, we are renaming the 600 stock class to call them superbikes. The mindless rednecks we plan to market canít tell the difference.

That would be how the DMG introduced themselves.

As far as them making changes to accommodate the manufactures. That would be like a doctor telling you after they removed all of your internal organs, you can have a kidney and your lungs back. We donít think youíll need your heart and liver any more.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You see DMG's problem is that all they needed to do was repair the structure of the racing, get cooperation from the riders, and properly promote all the effin racing. That's it. As AMA originally said that they "failed to promote the sport and with DMG's exeprience w/ NASCAR, it can be done with them". That did not mean for DMG to come in and make irrational changes. Leave the classes as they were with minor revisions, draw up contracts w/ riders to include their participation w/ promotions of any kind, and to negotiate sponsorships w/ more companies to increase EXPOSURE. So of course people are pissed and want another alternative.

CCS/ASRA AM #567 Suck my Laughing Gas...Haha

My track videos: Homestead, Pt.1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AestzQ9E-Kc
Homestead, 3rd personhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvLTGUU4xI
Palm Bch Intern'tl Raceway w/ my lowside, lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyehVn95pE
Joker at Daytona-Team Hammer race school w/ John Hopkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YpPUATErMY
Penguin Roadrace School:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLORtCY8aiI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in