Traction controll...from an outside point of view. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Traction controll...from an outside point of view.

Ok i will start by saying im no ama racer. however i like watching it on tv. but this latest issue with traction controll really has me bugged... The ama "Suspects" traction controll on a certain brand {sazuk} well then they say this is a bad thing
Boooo sazuk! you guys suck!!!!
Then the ama comes out and sais well we will rewrite the book to allow this...WTF?
what do you mean that here in mid season you have cought someone breaking the rules mid season and now instead of punishing them we just say "aw fuck it" and rewrite the books? what is this shit? where is the credibility? This is like saying im going to go ride in the ama...but im not that good so I'll use a Porch....dont like fuck you rewrite the books! Im a bike killin mother fucker! dont like that rewrite the laws! My point is there are rules. if they need to be changed do it next season. in my eyes sazuk owns the ama...and not in a good way. i wish they would broadcast the wera or ccs events on tv so i didnt have to watch this bullshit.

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 speed
Ok i will start by saying im no ama racer. however i like watching it on tv. but this latest issue with traction controll really has me bugged... The ama "Suspects" traction controll on a certain brand {sazuk} well then they say this is a bad thing
Boooo sazuk! you guys suck!!!!
Then the ama comes out and sais well we will rewrite the book to allow this...WTF?
what do you mean that here in mid season you have cought someone breaking the rules mid season and now instead of punishing them we just say "aw fuck it" and rewrite the books? what is this shit? where is the credibility? This is like saying im going to go ride in the ama...but im not that good so I'll use a Porch....dont like fuck you rewrite the books! Im a bike killin mother fucker! dont like that rewrite the laws! My point is there are rules. if they need to be changed do it next season. in my eyes sazuk owns the ama...and not in a good way. i wish they would broadcast the wera or ccs events on tv so i didnt have to watch this bullshit.
Werd, preach on bro.

He who dies with the most toys wins!
NESBA #24993
post #3 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn Straight ---- They should have waited till next season to do the changes and fine or penalize the teams using traction control

SPEED4LIFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Very ligit beef there. Lets send this thread to the commish. of ama
post #5 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 PM
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to cain772 Send a message via Yahoo to cain772
i think the ama fucked up fo sho but what u gonna do to suzuki, fine the "most" influential team on the paddock? they bring more money than honda i think and a fine would irritate than punish.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
post #6 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to dr_wookiee Send a message via MSN to dr_wookiee
It's all about the benjamins!
post #7 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 10:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Please - they never caught anyone with traction control. We all know Suzuki has it, but how do you prove it? Could anyone take all the lines of code from the onboard 'puter and find the 'traction control' lines? Not possible.

Plus, with all the restructuring the AMA did, and then to have absolutely no direction or leadership, when they finally did get the rules committee together they had to do 'something' and TC was a hot (if useless) topic. Now the AMA can point and say, "See, we take action!" All they did was level the playing field, probably at the request of Honda. Don't think for a second that Suzuki brings more $$ to the AMA than Honda!

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #8 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavudyar
Please - they never caught anyone with traction control. We all know Suzuki has it, but how do you prove it? Could anyone take all the lines of code from the onboard 'puter and find the 'traction control' lines? Not possible.

Plus, with all the restructuring the AMA did, and then to have absolutely no direction or leadership, when they finally did get the rules committee together they had to do 'something' and TC was a hot (if useless) topic. Now the AMA can point and say, "See, we take action!" All they did was level the playing field, probably at the request of Honda. Don't think for a second that Suzuki brings more $$ to the AMA than Honda!
i thought they (suzuki) brought more money lavudyar, but from the google video's that were going around you can clearly hear the suzuki miss firing on the turns. whether that was tc i am not sure but people that in the know were certain it was.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
post #9 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Yes, like I said: we all know they have it but again, how do you PROVE it? You can't, at least not economically.

As for money, Honda is the largest MC mfg in the world and they spend a prodigious amount in the US, much more than Suzuki does (or needs to for that matter).

And besides all that, the Suzuki TC was LEGAL according to the AMA rules!

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #10 of 94 Old 07-24-2006, 11:47 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavudyar
Yes, like I said: we all know they have it but again, how do you PROVE it? You can't, at least not economically.

As for money, Honda is the largest MC mfg in the world and they spend a prodigious amount in the US, much more than Suzuki does (or needs to for that matter).

And besides all that, the Suzuki TC was LEGAL according to the AMA rules!
thank you for clarifying

-Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in