trackday question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

trackday question

Okay so im interested to do a track day and ive looked up stuff about them and i just keep getting things like tape headlights and taillights...etc.. my question is..do i just show up at the track on the specific dates..im trying to do one at NCbike but just dont know the process of how to get on the track..i know its a noob question sorry..appreciate any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Most track days are held by a group and are pre registered. A lot of times you may find a few members on a local bike forum, or local riders may know. Otherwise if you have a track in mind you could contact them to find out if they have open days for riding. Usually the rules for bike prep will vary some from track to track as well. Another good source for information might be a local bike shop as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-07-2012, 11:45 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.r.fitz View Post
Okay so im interested to do a track day and ive looked up stuff about them and i just keep getting things like tape headlights and taillights...etc.. my question is..do i just show up at the track on the specific dates..im trying to do one at NCbike but just dont know the process of how to get on the track..i know its a noob question sorry..appreciate any help
Usually, a trackday organization will host an event and rent the track out. You need to know who the track day orgs. are in your area and go from there. Then ask them what you need to do to get ready, pass inspection, etc.

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
Another good source for information might be a local bike shop as well.

Most bike shops have someone there that races or attends track days, at the very least they can point you in the right direction.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Also look into sportbiketracktime.com They seem to be a pretty professional bunch that do alot of track days across the country. They have a pretty comprehensive post on what you need to do to your bike and gear requirments. You'll have to double check but I think being in Cherry Point/ Camp Lejeune the only track in that neck of the woods is the drag strip if I remember correctly. So the closest Road Race track to you I think is VIR or Carolina motorsports park. Hope that helps out a bit, and if you're a Marine Semper Fidelis!!
post #6 of 10 Old 07-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

sportbiketracktime.com or NESBA they have all the info on their sites like what you need to do to your bike and dates and time. CMP & VIR are the closest tracks to you.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.r.fitz View Post
im trying to do one at NCbike but just dont know the process of how to get on the track..
Aside from the registration process, they should have a list of requirements for you and for the bike.

Riders are usually required to have leather suit, gauntlet gloves, riding boots and a DOT/Snell approved helmet that is less than 5 years old. Details may vary from one organization to another.

Bikes should have working brakes, tires with enough rubber left, no leaks, working kill-switch, self-closing throttle, no visible brake light, glass taped over, mirrors removed. Safety wiring is usually not required. Whether the coolant needs to be replaced (with a non ethylene glycol) or not varies from place to place.

After you've registered, you just show up. There is a mandatory riders' meeting and safety inspection in the morning, and after that it's just riding sessions...
post #8 of 10 Old 07-08-2012, 11:14 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

These two links will get you started...my brother lives near that track.

http://www.teampromotion.com/event-s...iew/2012-07-28

http://www.teampromotion.com/new-to-the-track/

Good luck!

Last edited by KaTooM; 05-15-2013 at 09:38 AM.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer0369 View Post
Also look into sportbiketracktime.com They seem to be a pretty professional bunch that do alot of track days across the country. They have a pretty comprehensive post on what you need to do to your bike and gear requirments. You'll have to double check but I think being in Cherry Point/ Camp Lejeune the only track in that neck of the woods is the drag strip if I remember correctly. So the closest Road Race track to you I think is VIR or Carolina motorsports park. Hope that helps out a bit, and if you're a Marine Semper Fidelis!!
Yessir...semper fi all day..

everyone else thanks a lot for the information. Im trying to go to NCBIKE on August 11th, im in the process of a military registration and it includes the ART level 1 and when you complete the course you're awarded the silver package.
- i dont know if anyone would know this if any of you are in the military but the main question is doctors name and number..well im in the military its not like i have a set doctor or number..anyone else run in to this or know what i should write..thank you..and you recommend showing up as soon as the gate opens? ha..thanks again looking foward to this.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

also..the package i do..like the silver package..how long is that good for..is it just the one time fee for a year or something?? Then you have to pay a track entry every time you go to the track?..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in