Gen 3: 2008-2010 Suspension setting (the black art) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Suspension setting (the black art)

Ok …Boys and Girls need to pick your brains and I understand something are kept as secret, but I need some help with my new suspension set up.
I’ve just installed the following into my 2010 zx10r track bike only
114kg rider.
25mm Ohlin’s carts with 10.5 spring and TTX36 with matching spring.
What I’d like to know is if anyone has the same type of set up and what are your rebound and compression setting?. I understand different track different spec’s but currently both my front and back are the same .
Forks Rebound = 12 clicks.
Rear shock Reb= 12 clicks comp = 12 clicks ( shouldnt these really be different i.e comp 8 reb 12 maybe).
Current sag measurements
Front with rider 36mm…..rear with rider 24mm
I understand suspension is a black art but any help would be appreciated.(Pm if that helps)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Setting for one person that work well may not necessarily be right for you even with similar setup and weight.

Check out this thread here for lots of good info:
https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88398

Also YouTube "Dave Moss" for some great how-to videos and just a wealth of suspension knowledge.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
post #3 of 3 Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Before you worry about rebound and compression you need to get your sag set up properly. Without that your going to be wasting your time with everything else.

So the first question is what's your riding style? Street, track, combination of the two? This will dictate what your sag numbers need to be and where to start from. If you ask you will get varying numbers for what the proper sag numbers will be. But a good starting point is

Street - 30 to 35mm
Track - 25 to 30mm

This is both front are rear. So right now your numbers a little off. Get them same both front and back. Also if you have to back off all the preload or put on all the preload to get your sag in the proper range you need a different spring!

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in