Stomp grip tape question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-11-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Stomp grip tape question

I have a mildly modded 09 ZX10 and I'm still running the stock wheel base and stock seat but the bike is slightly lowered(lowering links). My question is do any of you riders with sort of the same set up use stomp grip tape for drag racing(or any kind of racing for that matter)? The way it looks, I haven't read much about folks that use it but the ones that do really like it. Maybe it happens more than it is spoken of but who knows. I know that I need something to keep me from sliding back under WOT so I can still manipulate the controls and keep the front wheel down as much as possible. I just can't possibly do this w/o hugging the tank? Does anybody else use it or have any tips or opinions to share. Thanks in advance for your time and insight.

Ebony Black 09 ZX10...Full Muzzy M10 Exhaust(Black Teflon)-Power Commander-Custom Map & Dyno Tuned-BMC-Puig Smoke DB Windscreen-Pro Grips-Undertail kit-ShoGun Frame Sliders-RT Lowering Links-More to follow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm not into the drag racing thing, but StompGrip applied in the usual manner (to the tank) keeps you from sliding forward or off the side when you hang off, not backward. It's not really much help in preventing you from sliding rearward. Maybe you could just stick it to a plastic seat?
post #3 of 7 Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i saw go with the Tech Spec pads...all the peps who go to the drag strip mainly use the Tech Spec but some do use the stop grips too!

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the responses gentlemen.

You know, with the exception of getting a drag specific or custom seat with less play I don't know how to stay planted at WOT. Maybe I just need to carry my cherry ass to some drag racing school or get mentored by someone that knows what the hell they're doing. I would hate to think that I have taught myself how to ride all wrong but who knows. I hang on to the tank with my legs while I am going through the gears. This is why I think that the grip tape would help. I'm sure leathers would help but I don't have none yet. I guess if I want to take draggin' the least bit seriously that a good set of leathers would be a good idea but as of now I am trying to learn more before I go to the track. Maybe next summer. There is many more things I want to get done to my bike before I commit myself to the track. I would like some extentions, sprocket, chain etc. With the holidays coming up I'll see what I can get Santa to get me. Ho ho ho.

Ebony Black 09 ZX10...Full Muzzy M10 Exhaust(Black Teflon)-Power Commander-Custom Map & Dyno Tuned-BMC-Puig Smoke DB Windscreen-Pro Grips-Undertail kit-ShoGun Frame Sliders-RT Lowering Links-More to follow...
post #5 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Duc tape foam to the area of the tail above the back of the seat.

WSMC #644
post #6 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 12:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you want a cheap alternative go to walmart and buy some of that liner you put in the bottom of drawers to keep stuff sliding. I bought some in black and put it over the seat. You wont move. Got the idea from another member off of here. Heres what it looks like.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46562

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #7 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Cool. Both sound like great ideas . Hell I might do both just to see what happens. It's starting to get cold now plus I have a back surgery in a few weeks so I will have a while to sit on my a$$ and figure out what I am going to do. When boredom sets in and when I have time on my hands I usually start little projects. I just hope I am able to get around good enough to follow through on projects as this. Thanks again gents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in