SPOILER!!! Rossi "back" this weekend. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

SPOILER!!! Rossi "back" this weekend.

Valentino Rossi will make a return to MotoGP action in Germany this weekend having opted to try and comeback from injury way ahead of schedule.

The nine-times world champion has declared himself fit to race having tested a factory spec Yamaha R1 World Superbike machine at Misano and Brno recently.

If Rossi now gets the all-clear from medical staff at the Sachsenring tomorrow, he will be back on his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine just 41 days after breaking his right leg in a horror high-side during practice for his home race in Mugello.

Rossi has decided to try and ride his Fiat Yamaha YZR-M1 after undergoing medical checks in Italy today (Italy).

The 31-year-old said: "I'm really excited that my doctors think I can ride this weekend. Tomorrow I will see the medical officer and then we will have the final decision. I felt good on the R1 but I know my M1 at the track is a different thing and it will be hard for me, but I miss my bike and my team and I want to try. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the paddock; I was tired of being at home! Wataru (Yoshikawa) will be there as well so if there is a problem he will ride my bike again."

The Italian has made a phenomenally quick recovery since his crash in early June. Aided by regular sessions in a hyperbaric chamber and intensive therapy, he will return to partner runaway world championship leader Jorge Lorenzo way ahead of schedule.

When Rossi suffered the worst injury of his illustrious career in Mugello, he was adamant he would not rush his return or try and make a comeback before he was fully recovered.

His initial target for his return was the Czech Republic MotoGP in Brno on August 15. But many thought he would delay a comeback until his home race in Misano in early September.

Rossi cant walk without the aid of a crutch and as well as the strength in his right leg a concern, hes also not fully recovered from the severe ligament damage in his right shoulder that he suffered in a motocross training accident in April.

But an impressive testing performance at the Brno circuit on Monday made it clear that Rossi was on course for a return.

Rossi completed 46 laps at the Czech Republic circuit, clocking a best time of 1.59.135 on a soft Pirelli qualifying tyre. His best lap on race rubber was a 1.59.8. That was 0.6s slower than Cal Crutchlows best on the R1 in the second race in Brno yesterday with the British rider posting a 1.59.291.

Rossi did though lap faster than former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider James Toseland. Toselands best in Sundays races was a 2.00.089. Track temperature though was cooler and more conducive to faster lap times today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

This is huge news and Im your first reply since you posted this morning!
Anyways, hope that Rossi, keeps the rubber side down and gains some valuable points. Hats off to him. Hes got some stones!
post #3 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RDan View Post

If Rossi now gets the all-clear from medical staff at the Sachsenring tomorrow, he will be back on his factory Yamaha YZR-M1

This has now happened, VR will front on Friday practice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

damn.valentino is a animal

LOR, PCIII,SHARKSKINZ.TECH SPEC,CRG,PZRACING GEAR INDICATOR AND SHIFT LIGHT,VORTEX,OSF REARSETS,MAVIRYK 8 CELL BATT,OHLINS STEERING DAMPER,ROCKWALL CLIPONS,GOODRIDGE BRAKE LINES,COX RACING RADIATOR GAURD,DID GOLD CHAIN,CHAMP CHAIN ADJUSTERS,NISSIN FRONT CALIPERS,ZERO GRAVITY,WOODCRAFT,EBC EXTREME PRO,XT RACING LAP TIMER,T-REX FRAME SLIDERS.GP STYL SHIFT
post #5 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

If you find a wallet that says Bad Mother Fuqer, it belongs to Rossi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
post #6 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ZX10BURNER
"Rossi" the only man Chuck Norris avoids.........

It's Not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.
post #7 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

He is in some serious pain still, i dont think its a good idea for him to come back so soon, but these guys think different. look how much pain he is when he gets off the bike.

-I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But Im pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Ill kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #8 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

He gets off the bike and walks away with crutches.......

After doing better lap times than Toseland!!!

Quote:
post #9 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP636 View Post
He gets off the bike and walks away with crutches.......

After doing better lap times than Toseland!!!
and the Kawasaki moto gp team. . . . . . . . . .oh, wait

-I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But Im pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Ill kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #10 of 30 Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 PM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP10R View Post
and the Kawasaki moto gp team. . . . . . . . . .oh, wait
Makes me sick. I wish they'd do something in Superbike and GP. Yeah, they're doing ok in Supersport, but come on, put some effort into the other classes.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in