Spoiler question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Spoiler question

Recently I posted a thread that I recently discovered much to my surprise was outside the rules regarding a spoiler thread. I don't post in this section often and with that said I do NOT know he rules as well as apparently I should according to the powers that be. It was not my intent to spoil anything for anyone when I posted the thread in question. My understandings of spoiling were ...... Posting the results of a race before people in different time zones or people that work off shifts that prevent them from watching the race until a delayed time.. In my own defence I did not post any race results mainly because I didn't know them because like most everyone else I haven't been able to watch any World Superbike this year and to this day I still haven't seen the race in question. Someone had posted on my Facebook the information that I reposted here long after the race was done and in the books. I also went to the official website for World Superbike and the information was there and had been there for quite a long time already. I visited this site since there's several here that do watch the races and keep up with the results to find out any further information about the race that I could. Since that is the purpose of the forums to share information. Much to my surprise no one had posted what was probably the most noteworthy information concerning Kawasaki road racing in the last 20 years. Being a lifelong die hard Kawasaki Loyalist I was quite excited about the news of Kawasaki finally showing promise of a championship so I shared the information with NO INTENTIONS of spoiling anything for anyone. Now to expand on the spoiler situation it doesn't make a a lot of sense to me that there's rules to punish people because other people are looking for something to bitch and gripe about. It's all too simple to me from how I see the world... If you don't want to read the information that will spoil watching a race --------------------> DON'T CLICK ON THE RACING SECTION OF THE SITE..... Is this a hard concept to understand or am I the only one that can police myself from seeing or reading something I don't want to know or see? I understand about the Not Safe to Work warnings as people can and do lose their Jobs over that kind of garbage and there needs to be warnings for that.... But are the cry babies of the world calling the shots for everyone and the rest being punished for them not have enough sense to NOT READ information they don't want to know? I'm thinking out loud here but if I didn't want to know anything about a race I wouldn't go into the racing section simple as that.. I solved my own issues and eliminated any chance of ruining my race.... I posted the thread and I would still watch the race like it was the end of the world new cast if I get the chance... I still have no idea what happened to cause the results and for that matter I don't even know who placed where? I didn't post that as I said I don't know so how is that thread breaking the spoiler rules???

Then I sign on only to be threatened by God himself (in his own mind anyway ) about knowing the rules and pushing him...... I can assure him and all the rest he never crossed my mind he's nothing to me and I damn sure don't sit around thinking of ways to push him... I don't care about him he's nothing in the grand scheme of life. But here he's something and that's clearly a big deal to HIM so I'm posting this thread to clear up the issue and tell anyone that I spoiled their race that it's wasn't intentional and I'm sorry if I got a bit excited and posted what I thought was some very important information....After all this is a Kawasaki site where information like that would be found first I would think but apparently FaceBook is the place to get the scoop these days..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Dang bro, that's quite the rant, someone really grinder your gears lol....but I understand why. If you didn't post results, no harm no foul. If you don't wanna know, look at the thread title and make a decision using a lil common sense.

As for your last paragraph, lol is all I gotta say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #3 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Gunner gets caught in an Infraction by his favorite Moderator and doesn’t like it.

Anyway I didn’t make all the rules but I do enforce them when I see a Violation. I helped with some of my friends on the site make some of the Sticky’s and Rules you might have heard of one for the Rule violation in question…..YES the ADMIN YSR and from his sticky and the Rules link:

All threads should use the Prefix **SPOILER** in the title if you are including anything, and I mean anything that would give any CLUES to race results, race weekend crashes, race weekend qualifying... Do this by selecting "**Spoiler**" for the Title Prefix when creating a thread.

Rules Link: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85612

Some history before the last SBK race Sykes was in 2nd place and over 20points behind…so a title showing “Kawasaki NUMBER 1 in World Superbike ! “ on the same Race DAY weekend shows a SUGGESTIVE or CLUE RESULT, I mean I am not GOD but smart enough to know if some members didn’t get a chance to watch the race they would know not ONLY did Sykes win Both Races the Leader must have taken a Fall and the others Close to first place didn’t do as well either…..see how easy Titles can show results?

So with that said you tried to get me to Ban you before it isn’t going to work your stuck here even with the Infraction and rules. Also, I am willing if other Moderators/Admin and Racing Members want to change or Eliminate the Spoilers it’s not as active as the old days meaning the racing section….either way an Infraction is just for Tracking purposes you shouldn’t worry about it now that you know the Rules.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
There are a lot more threads in the Racing section than just race results. Numerous general discussions, advice, etc. I've seen threads that start out innocent enough and by the 5th post in, there are race results. I know enough to avoid the actual racing sites to avoid spoilers, but this site isn't one of them. And there are a lot of members here who like to peruse the site but don't want any leaked info about the races that are recorded. ESPECIALLY this season with the change of broadcasters! I don't have BeIN network and cant watch the live stream all the time. I have to wait several days for the full race to be posted up on youboob. Still haven't seen it.

How difficult is it to just add a Spoiler tag to your posts? Why not just take the infraction as a sign of how this site works and move on? It's really not difficult and not worth this thread really. Start a new thread following the rules and that's that. It took more time to post this than its worth.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
There are a lot more threads in the Racing section than just race results. Numerous general discussions, advice, etc. I've seen threads that start out innocent enough and by the 5th post in, there are race results. I know enough to avoid the actual racing sites to avoid spoilers, but this site isn't one of them. And there are a lot of members here who like to peruse the site but don't want any leaked info about the races that are recorded. ESPECIALLY this season with the change of broadcasters! I don't have BeIN network and cant watch the live stream all the time. I have to wait several days for the full race to be posted up on youboob. Still haven't seen it.

How difficult is it to just add a Spoiler tag to your posts? Why not just take the infraction as a sign of how this site works and move on? It's really not difficult and not worth this thread really. Start a new thread following the rules and that's that. It took more time to post this than its worth.

Since SkyDork the most Active Moderator on this Site agrees the Spoiler has a function I will continue to enforce the Rules..thanks for the input SkyD ….I will leave this thread in the Racing Section it has value right now the only thing I will say is I am very Active on Race Weekends in SBK and do give out Infractions. Gunner was right in one thing this is the most exiting thing that has happened to Kawi in a long time and the Racing in ALL of Sports I watch these days it’s the BEST!!!! I always watch it but also watch this site. The 4th Gen and SBK team is something special to watch baring injuries or DNFs I think most will be very impressed this year what Hard Industries Created in RACING.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #6 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Gunner gets caught in an Infraction by his favorite Moderator and doesn’t like it.
Dude you are a bit more impressed by yourself than I am that much I can assure you. As far as my favorite moderator I don't even remember your name much less contemplate pushing you as your PM to me stated. In order for me to push you I would have to be aware of your existence on the planet which I'm not. Second I would have to divert a minimum of 1% brain power to remembering that you had ever spoken a word directed at me which I don't. If you keep some sort of score board where you keep track of people that you want to exercise your awesome powers on by handing out infractions ( By the way will that affect my credit score?) for future attacks then that's just a sad little existence by a sad little man.

Again you were reaching to call that post a spoiler since as even you pointed out there could have been any of several situations that could have led to the change in Sykes position. And regardless of what caused the change in position it would require watching the event to find out the results again not posting results on my part. Like I said already I guess Facebook is the place to find out the latest information about Kawasaki Road Racing what was I thinking when I logged onto a Kawasaki internet forum and clicked on the Racing section looking for results and sharing information there? A few more rules and there will be no need at all in this site even remaining on the internet. The world has just about been ruled into a complete POLICE STATE by making a rule and handing out an infraction for just about anything and everything anyone can think to cry about why should this be any different?
post #7 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Dude you are a bit more impressed by yourself than I am that much I can assure you. As far as my favorite moderator I don't even remember your name much less contemplate pushing you as your PM to me stated. In order for me to push you I would have to be aware of your existence on the planet which I'm not. Second I would have to divert a minimum of 1% brain power to remembering that you had ever spoken a word directed at me which I don't. If you keep some sort of score board where you keep track of people that you want to exercise your awesome powers on by handing out infractions ( By the way will that affect my credit score?) for future attacks then that's just a sad little existence by a sad little man.

Again you were reaching to call that post a spoiler since as even you pointed out there could have been any of several situations that could have led to the change in Sykes position. And regardless of what caused the change in position it would require watching the event to find out the results again not posting results on my part. Like I said already I guess Facebook is the place to find out the latest information about Kawasaki Road Racing what was I thinking when I logged onto a Kawasaki internet forum and clicked on the Racing section looking for results and sharing information there? A few more rules and there will be no need at all in this site even remaining on the internet. The world has just about been ruled into a complete POLICE STATE by making a rule and handing out an infraction for just about anything and everything anyone can think to cry about why should this be any different?

Highlighted in RED above ...Gunner I suspect you have used this site in the past for more than race results just like I have...if your really think 300 million people in the US have FaceBook that's your problem not mine ....again you know the Rules now and what to expect.

Bloo

post #8 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:

The problem is that established members log on and click on the 'new posts' link under their avatar. It brings up everything that's been posted since your last login. If there's a spoiler thread in that list, its not that easy to ignore it like just not going to the racing sub forum. We don't just go into and search around the forums randomly. That's the reason the site has the spoiler rule. It's not a nanny or police state, its for other reasons that you haven't considered as valid. The site came to this usage a long time before you were a member, just like the for sale section has rules. It's easy to put a spoiler tag around it and discuss the topic without giving anything away.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #9 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
vr6
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Recently I posted a thread that I recently discovered much to my surprise was outside the rules regarding a spoiler thread. I don't post in this section often and with that said I do NOT know he rules as well as apparently I should according to the powers that be. It was not my intent to spoil anything for anyone when I posted the thread in question. My understandings of spoiling were ...... Posting the results of a race before people in different time zones or people that work off shifts that prevent them from watching the race until a delayed time.. In my own defence I did not post any race results mainly because I didn't know them because like most everyone else I haven't been able to watch any World Superbike this year and to this day I still haven't seen the race in question. Someone had posted on my Facebook the information that I reposted here long after the race was done and in the books. I also went to the official website for World Superbike and the information was there and had been there for quite a long time already. I visited this site since there's several here that do watch the races and keep up with the results to find out any further information about the race that I could. Since that is the purpose of the forums to share information. Much to my surprise no one had posted what was probably the most noteworthy information concerning Kawasaki road racing in the last 20 years. Being a lifelong die hard Kawasaki Loyalist I was quite excited about the news of Kawasaki finally showing promise of a championship so I shared the information with NO INTENTIONS of spoiling anything for anyone. Now to expand on the spoiler situation it doesn't make a a lot of sense to me that there's rules to punish people because other people are looking for something to bitch and gripe about. It's all too simple to me from how I see the world... If you don't want to read the information that will spoil watching a race --------------------> DON'T CLICK ON THE RACING SECTION OF THE SITE..... Is this a hard concept to understand or am I the only one that can police myself from seeing or reading something I don't want to know or see? I understand about the Not Safe to Work warnings as people can and do lose their Jobs over that kind of garbage and there needs to be warnings for that.... But are the cry babies of the world calling the shots for everyone and the rest being punished for them not have enough sense to NOT READ information they don't want to know? I'm thinking out loud here but if I didn't want to know anything about a race I wouldn't go into the racing section simple as that.. I solved my own issues and eliminated any chance of ruining my race.... I posted the thread and I would still watch the race like it was the end of the world new cast if I get the chance... I still have no idea what happened to cause the results and for that matter I don't even know who placed where? I didn't post that as I said I don't know so how is that thread breaking the spoiler rules???

Then I sign on only to be threatened by God himself (in his own mind anyway ) about knowing the rules and pushing him...... I can assure him and all the rest he never crossed my mind he's nothing to me and I damn sure don't sit around thinking of ways to push him... I don't care about him he's nothing in the grand scheme of life. But here he's something and that's clearly a big deal to HIM so I'm posting this thread to clear up the issue and tell anyone that I spoiled their race that it's wasn't intentional and I'm sorry if I got a bit excited and posted what I thought was some very important information....After all this is a Kawasaki site where information like that would be found first I would think but apparently FaceBook is the place to get the scoop these days..
Your thinking like a rational person that's where you went wrong
post #10 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM
vr6
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
The problem is that established members log on and click on the 'new posts' link under their avatar. It brings up everything that's been posted since your last login. If there's a spoiler thread in that list, its not that easy to ignore it like just not going to the racing sub forum. We don't just go into and search around the forums randomly. That's the reason the site has the spoiler rule. It's not a nanny or police state, its for other reasons that you haven't considered as valid. The site came to this usage a long time before you were a member, just like the for sale section has rules. It's easy to put a spoiler tag around it and discuss the topic without giving anything away.

Thank goodness for you Sky... Dead serious you're a reasonable person even the process of enforcing/explaining the rules...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in