Spies getting a Bike for his effort? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
Spies getting a Bike for his effort?

Not sure how this would work, i know Yamaha gave Rossi an M1 when he won with yamaha, but will yamaha give Spies one of the R1's he raced on?
Surely one of the bikes will be in the Yamaha museum being it is the 1st time they have won a SuperBike title...any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

thatd be awesome...but being how they spent so much money on that thing they probably will keep it being how they wouldn't want all their secrets get out

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
post #3 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

like you said. yamaha gave rossi the last year 990 bike to him. I read some where that suzk gave matt madlin him a cruiser and dirt bikes. I would think yamaha will just give him a bonus for his year of service.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm sure the R1 that they give him will be more of a replica of what he raced. The motor will probably be a stock or superstock one rather than the full blown superbike.

The R1 has done very well in racing circles this year. The top spec factory supported superbike engines were lacking absolutely nothing on the other liters and 1200cc Ducatis. The top speed they were logging in the Portimao were a leap forward from the other tracks as well. I fully expect that they were going to be successful with this engine, after all it's not like they're new at this cross plane firing order idea. They've proven since 2004 just how effective it is on the M1.

Although my preference is for a screamer 4-cyl, I fully comprehend and appreciate the benefits of the motor design. However, I am hoping that the next update to the R1 will fix: 1) Styling 2)Lose some weight 3) Make more power.

With 180 rwhp BMW S1000RR's, Yamaha has the most ground to make up, nearly 30-40 rwhp shy. That's almost the difference between a liter and a 600 from a few years ago.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rspec99 View Post
I'm sure the R1 that they give him will be more of a replica of what he raced. The motor will probably be a stock or superstock one rather than the full blown superbike.

The R1 has done very well in racing circles this year. The top spec factory supported superbike engines were lacking absolutely nothing on the other liters and 1200cc Ducatis. The top speed they were logging in the Portimao were a leap forward from the other tracks as well. I fully expect that they were going to be successful with this engine, after all it's not like they're new at this cross plane firing order idea. They've proven since 2004 just how effective it is on the M1.

Although my preference is for a screamer 4-cyl, I fully comprehend and appreciate the benefits of the motor design. However, I am hoping that the next update to the R1 will fix: 1) Styling 2)Lose some weight 3) Make more power.

With 180 rwhp BMW S1000RR's, Yamaha has the most ground to make up, nearly 30-40 rwhp shy. That's almost the difference between a liter and a 600 from a few years ago.

It appears that the cross-plane tech is sound if used correctly, Yamaha just neutered the street-going version (at least in the US). If they can lose some weight (which they can just in the crank, much less everything else), and make some more power - I'd be in like Flint (I like the styling). Though, it's hard to say as the RSV4 is coming out very close to the same price (couple grand) and the S1000RR is really close to the same price - there are a lot of good options nowadays.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

i bet he will get something extra for his efforts.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #7 of 16 Old 10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I heard they were trying to give him a stock R-1 with Sterelgarta replica bodywork.........................but............it fried his nuts, was heavy as a pig, and had guttless power, so he took it to the closest bike dealer and traded it in on a 09 Kawi 10R

True story, he posted it on the R1 forums, they flamed him.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Last edited by 9R to 10R; 10-28-2009 at 11:33 AM.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Er, sorry boy's, but James Toseland is thrashing it around in testing at this very moment! See MCN............http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...aha-wsb-debut/
post #9 of 16 Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveslob View Post
Er, sorry boy's, but James Toseland is thrashing it around in testing at this very moment! See MCN............http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...aha-wsb-debut/
That doesn't mean that they won't or can't give it to him later.

The big dogs tend to put that in their contract to get the bike if they win. (Don't know if Spies had that in his contract or not.)
And they often still have to fight for it according to Rossi's book.
Honda likes to drag it's heals on giving up the bike but Hayden got his.. it was in the contract and he didn't give up on actually getting it.

It's not like he only had one bike, so he could have one and the museum could have one.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #10 of 16 Old 10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

They have more than one bike guys, I bet they go through no less than 10 bikes a season.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in