So my early morning Sunday ride turned into a showdown with a modified Porsche GT2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

So my early morning Sunday ride turned into a showdown with a modified Porsche GT2

So Friday evening I spent several hours reading some ride blogs from my area and found a ride that I thought would tickle my fancy. So Saturday comes I wake up early and get ready for the day and all that fun stuff. Starting getting my gear ready and this girl I have been umm "hanging out" with calls me and has a flat tire, so I have to go take care of that.

I don't get out on the bike until the afternoon and there was a lot of cars on the road but it was still an awesome ride just couldn't really get my lean on. My only plans for Sunday were football so I decided to head out at 7:30 or 8 and beat Sunday traffic. I get off the highway and get to the area where the ride really starts a pretty high dollar area. I am riding along and feeling pretty good, finally got my new tires broken in and was no longer nervous about leaning low with them.

Get into the back roads about maybe 10-20 miles and this nice ass GT2 comes hauling ass up on me. At first I didn't think much of it. I was sort of dillydallying and didn't pay much mind to it until he HAULS ASS past me. I kick it down and get back behind him. We get into a real twisty section and I am having a real hard time keeping up with him. He was GOOD. Get out of the real twisty section into more of a sweeping area and I get out in front of him put some car lengths on him. We get into another twisty section and the bike and I were really in sync at this point and I manage to keep a good lead on him. This goes on for around 20-30ish miles. It was the most fun I have had for a long time. The whole area was real wide open and you could see all the way through every single turn and there was NO cars on the road. We pull off and chat a bit. Apparently the car has a lot of weight reduction, motor work, brakes, and basically full suspension. It was a beautiful ass car. Apparently he had a GT3 as well and a few bikes. Must be nice. We both went along our merry ways and I had a much more chill 100 or so miles and got home and got my football on. Sorry I ranted I am hyper and just out of the gym. All events took place in Mexico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to eurichs07
Sounds like fun and you had a safe ride. Any pictures?
post #3 of 12 Old 10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurichs07 View Post
Sounds like fun and you had a safe ride. Any pictures?
....sounds like good times man!!!..pics/vids? we like em pictures AND videos dammit! kinda like "proof"

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
I'll do it...........
DUMBASS!
So, what gear were you wearing? "

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #5 of 12 Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Unfortunately no pics or vids. Didn't plan on this happening. I planned on some "spirited" riding so I was in full leathers with back, chest, and thigh/hip/butt armor.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to eurichs07
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1989 View Post
Unfortunately no pics or vids. Didn't plan on this happening. I planned on some "spirited" riding so I was in full leathers with back, chest, and thigh/hip/butt armor.
Good call. Nothing wrong with having fun. Just be watch out and be alert.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Nothing beats a random run!!! There's a few lambo's around town I wouldn't mind running into............

You Leakin Dawg!!
post #8 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post
I'll do it...........
DUMBASS!
So, what gear were you wearing? "
YUP, seen that one coming!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1989 View Post
............good to hear man, no one tries to be an ass on here about gear, i think we just wanna make sure you (WE) all stay alive as long as possible and not another statistic, too many damn sunglass n flipflop sporting fuggers on the road as it is...let's NOT boost those numbers!!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #9 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
YUP, seen that one coming!!!!!!

............good to hear man, no one tries to be an ass on here about gear, i think we just wanna make sure you (WE) all stay alive as long as possible and not another statistic, too many damn sunglass n flipflop sporting fuggers on the road as it is...let's NOT boost those numbers!!!
No I hear you. I am a pretty strong advocate of no gear no ride. I had a friend who just went down a few weeks ago and has road rash all over his body. He always made fun of me for riding in full gear. I said sooner or later, you'll see. He even had to get a skin graph. There certainly are way to many dudes in flip flops, shorts, and a full face. At least there dome is semi protected.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
"All events took place in Mexico" I love it!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in