should i trade my 10 for a 14? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 248
Posting Frequency
 
should i trade my 10 for a 14?

thinking of trading or selling my 04 10r for a zx14. my bike has a full muzzy, 15 and 42 tooth sprockets, strapped and lowered. i have got a 9.4 @ 145. i guy ran a 9.30 on my bike when it had the stock rear sprocket (39 tooth). with all the hype of the zx14r, i am thinking of changing. is the hype all its cracked up to be? i dont know if i should wait and get a used one? what do you think????
mikebar4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
GP Star
 
KaTooM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,442
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
          
Keep the 10 for Trackdays and buy the 14 for the strip!
KaTooM is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,505
Posting Frequency
Images: 6
 
wait for the new busa
oneradten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 248
Posting Frequency
 
im not much for the trackdays....i dont have the balls for draggin my knee at 100+ miles an hour. i love the strip though. what are the new busas suppose to be like? im not real crazy about the way the new 14 looks, but if its as fast as they claim....who cares?
mikebar4 is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,505
Posting Frequency
Images: 6
 
new busa suppose to be bad ass they say its going to be a 1400 also you should wait and see before you buy .....i am
oneradten is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Track Day Rider
 
hsmarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 186
Posting Frequency
 
He who dies with the most toys wins,get both!
hsmarc is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneradten
new busa suppose to be bad ass they say its going to be a 1400 also you should wait and see before you buy .....i am
I agree with that statement. If your into drag racing, the 10 is not the bike. Yes some have posted good times, but that is not what that bike was intended for, it's a track based bike. You would get more of what your looking for out of the 14 or the Busa, and I would definately wait on the Zuke's answer to the 14 to make an educated decision. It's a pretty expensive thing to do and then have regrets about later.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10R
I agree with that statement. If your into drag racing, the 10 is not the bike. Yes some have posted good times, but that is not what that bike was intended for, it's a track based bike. You would get more of what your looking for out of the 14 or the Busa, and I would definately wait on the Zuke's answer to the 14 to make an educated decision. It's a pretty expensive thing to do and then have regrets about later.
I don't think it's such a big expensive thing to do right now. It has already been tested by the best with Rickey Gadson and Ryan and they raved about the bike...and the clutch is solid. Also, has had Nitrous on it and made 300hp with little mods besides that. So, even if Suk. comes out with a similar bike the 14 will have a year ahead in performance parts and really..don't think a new Suk. will gain much more HP with the same displacement...they couldn't do much in the 1000cc wars for displacement.

So, if someone is thinking about a 14 for drag racing..then why not? You will have a year head start and it appears a bullet proof engine as most Kawi engines are anyway..IMO
bluedevil is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,505
Posting Frequency
Images: 6
 
thats what they thought in 1999 to ........then hayabusa "shocked" the motorcycle world never know ? i would wait myself
oneradten is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 04-24-2006, 10:25 PM
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
I don't think it's such a big expensive thing to do right now. It has already been tested by the best with Rickey Gadson and Ryan and they raved about the bike...and the clutch is solid. Also, has had Nitrous on it and made 300hp with little mods besides that. So, even if Suk. comes out with a similar bike the 14 will have a year ahead in performance parts and really..don't think a new Suk. will gain much more HP with the same displacement...they couldn't do much in the 1000cc wars for displacement.

So, if someone is thinking about a 14 for drag racing..then why not? You will have a year head start and it appears a bullet proof engine as most Kawi engines are anyway..IMO

Good point. Whats 13 grand or so anyway? Money is nothing, they make more of it every day.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
want 2 trade? kriszx9r Wanted: Buy or Trade 6 01-05-2006 11:52 AM
Trade '05 ZX6R for ZX10R ghostrank Parts, Gear and Accessories 4 08-13-2005 06:14 PM
old ps2 trade in stunnerific_harry The Out House 0 12-09-2004 01:05 PM
Finally! Found a dealer to trade the 9R for a 10R!!! mods2come The ZX-10R 4 04-17-2004 11:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome