Sheesh! More DMG/AMA nonsense - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Sheesh! More DMG/AMA nonsense

Kawasaki, followed by Honda and Suzuki, are whining that they don't like having to use homologated parts and that such parts must be generally available.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35052

In THIS case, I am firmly behind DMG. The intent of this is that everyone in the paddock has access to the same parts. The factories don't want to play unless they can win, i.e. shut out the privateers.

Maybe John Ulrich was right all along ... the issue isn't the rules, the issue is that the manufacturers have to follow the rules.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 10:05 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I am kind of sick of the bickering, all they have to do is allow whatever parts the public can buy, the public can buy 16.5" mags, the public can buy Ohlins SBK forks and TTX Shcoks, Brembo Billet Calipers and Master Cylinders, Full Ti/Inconnell race exhasusts, Carbon Bodywork, Hi Perfomance Engine Control, Traction Contorl/Engine Management Systems. MY point, The DMG should alllow evreything that can be bought by the public. Special HRC, and Yosh parts that they will not sell to the small team, yeah I can see a problem with that. But you could still put a pretty killer bike out there with the stuff you and I can buy, if the rules allowed it.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #3 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

That's the whole intent of this. And the AMA has put in a homologation program in order to enforce it. (The only way to PROVE that a part is available, is to register that part on a homologation list, and that's what they are doing.)

The manufacturers don't like it because now they can't get the engineering department to whip together that one-off steering damper or set of triple clamps or whatever, without forcing it to be registered so that everyone else could use it.

Waaaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaah.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 02:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I might be in the minority here because I don't care about the fact that kawi doesn't win or that suzuki dominates the class. But I don't wanna see a "spec" superbike class. The superbike class should be a "run what ya brung" class based on literbikes we can buy. And if one company/team dominates then congratulations to them.

A "spec" class would be okay with me but it should be a support class where little or no factory involvement is allowed. That would let the privateers and young up-n-comers have a class to showcase their skill and then possibly get picked up by the factories to ride the premier class.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by phastone View Post
I might be in the minority here because I don't care about the fact that kawi doesn't win or that suzuki dominates the class. But I don't wanna see a "spec" superbike class. The superbike class should be a "run what ya brung" class based on literbikes we can buy. And if one company/team dominates then congratulations to them.

A "spec" class would be okay with me but it should be a support class where little or no factory involvement is allowed. That would let the privateers and young up-n-comers have a class to showcase their skill and then possibly get picked up by the factories to ride the premier class.
THey used to have that, it was called formula extreme, and it was extremem, pretty much anything goes, there was even a Hayabusa, got over 205 on the strait at Brainerd, MN.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #6 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 04:22 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Lillfool Send a message via Skype™ to Lillfool
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I am kind of sick of the bickering, all they have to do is allow whatever parts the public can buy, the public can buy 16.5" mags, the public can buy Ohlins SBK forks and TTX Shcoks, Brembo Billet Calipers and Master Cylinders, Full Ti/Inconnell race exhasusts, Carbon Bodywork, Hi Perfomance Engine Control, Traction Contorl/Engine Management Systems. MY point, The DMG should alllow evreything that can be bought by the public. Special HRC, and Yosh parts that they will not sell to the small team, yeah I can see a problem with that. But you could still put a pretty killer bike out there with the stuff you and I can buy, if the rules allowed it.
I want to see racing with the best equipment money can buy. Giving me something to keep bugging the wife to buy and continue to build on my baby.

Ohlins Steering Damper, Akra Hex Slip-On, BMC Air Filter, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Clear Alternatives rear signals, Vortex Adjustable Rearsets, CRG Levers, Goodridge Steel Braided Cables, Dyno Jet Power Commander
post #7 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
THey used to have that, it was called formula extreme, and it was extremem, pretty much anything goes, there was even a Hayabusa, got over 205 on the strait at Brainerd, MN.
Yeah, I remember Erion Racing kicking everyone's arse and then Attack and Graves with the R1 but that's a little too out there I think. IMO, there's nothing wrong with the current superbike class. If anything, maybe switch to spec tires. But other than that I think the teams getting their arses kicked just need to step it up a bit.

Last edited by phastone; 11-23-2008 at 05:57 PM.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

well, this whole thing has gotten out of hand. its not even worth watching ama any more. with new teams coming to wsbk. i rather watch that.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #9 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Quote:

As long as all the "trick" parts are available to whom ever wants to buy them... I still think that the factory teams will always have an edge though it might not be as large as it once was.

Chris

post #10 of 15 Old 11-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilberts Ti ZX-10R View Post

As long as all the "trick" parts are available to whom ever wants to buy them... I still think that the factory teams will always have an edge though it might not be as large as it once was.

Chris
The edge should be there but a chance should be given to the privateers if they can get equal equipment. I think many of you guys that back the Manufacturers forget even Micheal Jordon that had the $$$ to spend was told he couldn't buy some of the stuff Mladin and Ben where using. If they get rid of that I will accept any rules even if Suks still clean house....just a chance is all I ask to keep it competitive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in