SBK in ZA - our series, 1st ZX sighting. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2006, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

SBK in ZA - our series, 1st ZX sighting.

Went to watch the ZA national race series which was held at a race circuit here in my hometown.
It was also my first sighting of the new 06 ZX in action. This year proved twice as many ZX entrants into the superbike series.
The circuit is quite short and the laptimes just above a minute, so I cant imagine the riders getting to 4th.
However the ZX was 3rd on the grid, and on lap5 was into 2nd onj a soaked track. The race was stopped when a ZX and a RR went farming. On the restart the ZX took the lead never to be passed. Where the rider faulted though was to take it easy on the last lap, allowing the K6 in 2nd to close the gap to abt 2bike lengths. It was great to see the ZX crossing the line with a Rossi style wheelie.
However, on aggregate the ZX was placed second behind the K6.
Most interesting the next ZX was an 05 (the only one in the field of ZXs) The other very interesting entry was a gixxer 750. It ran strongly in the midfield, but I couldnt help but thinking it would do better in the hands of the (physically) smaller riders.

then for fun I drive a british racing green MINI Cooper S

Last edited by Yogotta B. Biking; 05-21-2006 at 04:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2006, 10:23 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hey nice info. man. Looks a little icky there as far as race conditions go though.

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-21-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

It was interesting wheather really. Its fall here by us (like Autum). Is it called Fall coz that when the leaves fall from da trees? In any event if we get rain this time of the year, we are in for a cold (and sometimes wet winter).
I took my teen daughter with and we were close to freezing. This morning there was no sign that it rained yesterday.
This track was totally redesigned and rebuilt two years ago and it was the first time the superbikes got an event.
You gonna laugh at the news, but the zorst ont this ZX, runs close to what we can all do at home. The decatted it. Bored out the rivets at the rear of each silencer and inserted bigger bore baffles and repacked it. The motr was blueprinted and dynod. It doesnt run with PC or the like.

then for fun I drive a british racing green MINI Cooper S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in