Rev Limiter - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-08-2004, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to modiggs
Rev Limiter

Well, found the rev limiter today. I was out on a nice strip of road practicing my drag launches for a show down I have w/ a guy at work ('04 R1), and on one of the launches, I missed the shift light. Don't ask, I don't know how I could miss it, but the next thing I knew the limiter kicked in and it was like DAMN...who slammed on the brakes. I've bounce my TT-600 before, but it was just a slight hiccup compared to this. Maybe it was the tremendous acceleration force comming to an abrupt end, but it was so harsh, it rocked me foward into the tank. I think I'm going to set the light a little lower so I have time after it comes on to sort myself out.

But as this is the racing section, the real reason i'm writing is to get an idea on a good launch rpm. I start at 4,000 and ride the clutch to about 8 at not quite full throttle. After 8, the clutch is fully out and i'm trying to get the last bit of twist while keeping the front down. Next is a clutchless shift to second, where I just have to relax and let the bars wobble. Next shift and the bike's stable. I have yet to do this at the strip, so I don't know about ET's, but I would like some advice. My bikes got the factory suspension set up, so wheelies are an issue.

I once said "Displacement was compensation for lack of skill. Therefore, there is no need for anything more than a well balanced 600." Right, who was I kidding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I was out yesterday practicing the same thing. I bought a set of swingarm extensions, pushed my back wheel out about five inches, and now the only problem I have is smoking the tire. I started practicing using garceeya's(sp?) technique, 1-2k then dumping the throttle/clutch at the line. It's kinda tricky and I started getting the hang of it. Like I said, only problem was about 40-50mph, my rpms would go to redline because the tire broke traction.

Gotta Love ORANGE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in