racing on 2CT's - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

racing on 2CT's

O.k. all I need to do my first race is race tires and warmers. but the last race I can do is october and I can't get the cash together in time so what do yall think of doing an ameteur race on 2ct's? I'm on a 04 636 W/ race suspension and can do race pace on them during trackdays. Is there anything wrong with doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Get race tires for your bike. The 2CTs would be just fine for a track day but going into a race I wouldent run a track day tire at all .. Never skimp on rubber or brakes ...:headshake

2010 BMW S1000RR- 2008 CBR1000RR
post #3 of 9 Old 07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer98 View Post
Get race tires for your bike. The 2CTs would be just fine for a track day but going into a race I wouldent run a track day tire at all .. Never skimp on rubber or brakes ...:headshake
+1.

If you are going to have to pinch...At least get the Corsa IIIs.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

negative they will hold up. guys run race pace at trackdays in advanced and even intermediate groups with those tires at 20 minute sessions, most races dont even last that long (6-10 laps) . I raced a endurance race, 4 sprint races with brand new 2cts and they did just fine. i did two trackdays after that too and now they are toast. It would be great to have race tires, but you wont lose cuz you are on 2cts and others are on race.
A friend of mine is 4th in ccs points, he has the same power races from the start of the season.he still placed in the top 4 in every race. Now I am not recommending you do that!!
I have seen pilot powers on race day, they where not in any of my races so I dont know how they did but they where racin on em.

I plan on living forever, so far so good
GSXR 1000
ZX10
pureriders.com

Last edited by crowdpleazr; 07-14-2008 at 07:38 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdpleazr View Post
negative they will hold up. guys run race pace at trackdays in advanced and even intermediate groups with those tires at 20 minute sessions, most races dont even last that long (6-10 laps) . I raced a endurance race, 4 sprint races with brand new 2cts and they did just fine. i did two trackdays after that too and now they are toast. It would be great to have race tires, but you wont lose cuz you are on 2cts and others are on race.
A friend of mine is 4th in ccs points, he has the same power races from the start of the season.he still placed in the top 4 in every race. Now I am not recommending you do that!!
I have seen pilot powers on race day, they where not in any of my races so I dont know how they did but they where racin on em.
these 2cts hold up pretty good
post #6 of 9 Old 07-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

You should be alright on a 6R. The 10 eats street tires (the rear), I only got two trackdays out of my last set of BT 002 RS. That's why I went to DOTs.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-18-2008, 05:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thats a question you should really know. Would you be comfortable in a race on 2ct's? Will the fact you know you are on street tires be in your head during the race? Do you plan on a podium finish? If you don't care about being competitive and just looking to have fun....... go for it!

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

NO, I will definatly push and for that reason I have elected to wait until I am set up properly.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to spikespiegel Send a message via Yahoo to spikespiegel
i think the BIGGEST issue will be the feedback and the control when it comes from when you push these tires beyond their limits; on a race tire, the slidage will be a lot easier to read and controllable whereas street tires sorta..just let go..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in