Race tech shock revalve - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-13-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Race tech shock revalve

O.K. I know I should buy a new 1000 dollar shock, but I need to spend $$$$ on the front also so has anyone revalved a rear shock and was it an upgrade,or a total flop and waste of money? also is racetech front valves or ohlins kits prefered amung racers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-13-2008, 07:31 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to green_zx
Look up member greenblur. He had his stock front and rear revalved at gp suspensions under $1K I believe. As far as I know he is pleased with their work and the results. I was at a trackday with him and he is mos def faster than last year at the same track.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I went with all Ohlins, just cause I wanted to try their stuff. The stock front end comes with 1kg springs, but the air gap needs to be re-set. This is your cheapest option. I have heard that Racetech's newest cartridges are working well for WERA racers, as well as GP Tech, and this is your second cheapest option. Ohlins, well, you know.....

As for the rear shock, the stocker isn't worth the labor. At least try to find a Penske or Elka. You can't skimp on the rear, but you can get better results in the front without spending as much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

P 51 is right. You have really no choice for the rear if you plan on consistent performance.
The rear shock on the 08 is good for 4 hot laps then it turns to crap as most OEM shocks do . I will be doing the Ohlins in the rear and prolly the Ohlins parts in the front end as well if I decide to go racing full time.

2010 BMW S1000RR- 2008 CBR1000RR
post #5 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Also, my suspension guru told me that the damping needles need more of a taper cut in them as they don't have much range of adjustment. You will probably have to do this with any fork re-valve parts you choose to do. The stock part just sucks as it is supplied from KYB.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Yeah dont wast your $$ on the stock crap! find a used Penski or Ohlins and get it re built!! as for as fork kits I have the Traxxion AK-20's and there great!! and the Ohlins 25mm I was told are the shit!!!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-18-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

O.K. ya'll are baaad influences. I ordered a 3 way elka for the rear and the new g2r comp valves, HFR rebound valves, racetech springs, racetech top out springs, superslick oil, and seals of course for the front. now anyone want to sponcer a wannabee racer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in