LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Macke
Thumbs up Race report.... Once again...

Lonng writeup... Sorry...

Hot hot hot hot....
That's the best way to describe this weekends Rookie race at Linköping in Sweden.... Clearblue sky, no wind what so ever, and temperatures around 30 degrees celcius..

The goal for the weekend was really a top-10 finnish, but after the latest results, I had a different goal setup for myself...

QP1
Didn't feel to good to squeese into the black leathers in this weather, but I was reasonable focused despite the hot weather.
I already have a good base-setup for this track so the bike felt really good from the beginning. I used a Medium rear, and a soft front slick due to the hot temperature.
Made a couple of calm laps in the beginning, and then pushed a bit harder as the session progressed.
The new ValterMoto rearsets actually made quite a differens to the feel of the bike, and ot was to the better. Really nice!
Got a "P-03" on my pitboard in the middle of the session, and then managed to keep that until the end...
Weeeeee! First row!
(last year I was 16th i this race...)

Wasn't too happy about the laptime. I did the same time as my personal best on the track, but expected to do better... I ride the bike like an old lady! Grrr...

QP2
Did my homework and stayed in the pits until the riders in 1st and 2nd went out, and then went out behind them to study their lines and breaking points..
The riding felt good, and I ws sure that I improved my times. But being a retard I forgot to mount the laptimer, so it was impossible to know...
Could see on the pitboard that my position wasnt improving atleas...
Towards the end of the session the heat started to get to me, I was having trouble focusing, and started to develop som camps in my forearms...
No improvement on the laptimes, but was still in 3rd...

Between QP2 and the race I tried to eat and load up with fluids, and also got some massage. Nice...

Race!
This was it, first row and everyting...

The lights went out, and I got off the line really good, but wheelied really high on both 1st and 2nd gear. Had to roll off a bit, and Swooosh, 2 riders passed me into turn1. But late breaking, and sharp elbows, got one back...
Passed the next one into turn2, and was back up to 3rd.
The 2 leaders pushed hard from the beginning, and I struggled to keep up. Swapped placed in the fight for 3rd and 4th a couple of times in the first laps. Clean and fun racing, I was actually laughing inside the KBC helmet during some of the passing manouvers.. LOL
On lap5 I totally missjudged the short and extremely fast right flick towards the end of the straight and rode the bike a good 50cm inside the tarmac on the gravel at 260km/h. Got some wobble afterwards, but it was acrually not that bad. But one rider crashed really bad at the same spot not too long ago and passed away, so I was pretty scared...
Lost the 3rd place a lap later, and then the first group pulled away from me.

Had pulled up 7sec gap down to 5th, and had a pretty lonely race now until the last 3 laps when my forearms just gave away.... They were like concrete.. Every time I was on the breaks, I wondered if I would be alble to stop.. No power what so ever...
Could se the gap decreasing with over a second a lap, and I started doing som calculations in my head... can I pull this off?
Could hear the guys behind me in the last 2 corners, but managed to pulled mysleft togehter and save the 4th place... With 0.189sec to spare..

Pheeeeeeeeeeew!

After the race I was really dissapointed... I wanted that podium so bad, and I actually rode worse laptimes than during the QP's....

But after a while, when I done some thinking... Am really pleased...
4th aint that shabbby... LOL
And looking att the season so far I have 11th, 9th, 3rd, and 4th place finnishes, compared to last years 23rd, 17th, 16th, and 10th... So..

Now I'm off to Alastaro in Finland for the 2nd race in the Scandinavian Open Championships....

Cheers....
Attached Images

If you can't race fast, atleast you can look fast...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

you still did good. good luck on your nexts race.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

good show Macke

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
good show Macke

BD
+1 Well done Macke, looks like you are making huge gains for sure
post #5 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Sweet write up. Sounds like a fun weekend! If you keep progressing the way you are, maybe next year you'll average a podium.

Tito

04 ZX10R
05 ZX6R

post #6 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10ragentblack
+1 Well done Macke, looks like you are making huge gains for sure
:iamwithst

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #7 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 11:03 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Way to go. Got to relax the arms a little. Good write up.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 11:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

Good job Macke and nice pics!

Is it Fast?
post #9 of 15 Old 07-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta xray
Way to go. Got to relax the arms a little. Good write up.

HOpe all is well

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #10 of 15 Old 07-05-2006, 07:53 AM

Posting Frequency

good job, keep it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in