Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Race report

966 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Dragone 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!
Been doin som racing again. This time it was the 2nd race of the swedish championship at "Linköping".

Arrived at the track on thursday, unpacked and set up the pit area by myself since the mechanics arrived later. Pheeew... Hard work..

Friday, Free practise..
Same old story, rain, rain, rain.. Since this was ny first visit to this track this year, I had to get some laps in... Cold and wet...

Saturday, Qualifying practise..
First QP, was the first dry laps on the track this year for me. Felt a bit rough around the edges, and the time was horrible. Almost 2 seconds over my personal best at the track. Was on provisional 8th anyways, so I was pleased.

Second QP, got my speed up a bit more, and the times dropped a bit. But I dropped to 10th overall. Since I was 16th last year, I was pretty happy...

A couple of cold ones, and a BBQ finnished off the evening.

Sunday, raceday...
Was worried about the weather. Checked the forecasts on the internet probably 40 times during the morning. But it seemed to be dry racing...
During the morning, all the gusest started to drop in. Sponsors, frieds, and family. We had some great fun in the packed tent...

Warmup, tried not to pusch to hard. Just tried to get a good feeling for the bike setup, and the tyres. I Also tried out some different racelines that one ofthe Superbike riders recommended. Felt really good, and I actually made my best laptimes all weekend so far, without even trying too hard.

Race, and I was really nervous...
Got off to a pretty good start from my 10th position. It was sooo crowded in the first chicane. And it was contact a couple of times... Lucky to stay upright. Was involved in the fight for 7th in the first 4 or 5 laps, but then dropped back a bit. The last part of the race, I was involved in a hard fight for 8th. We swapped placed 4 times in 2 laps, and in the last corner i slammed the door in my face so hard, there was contact again... I was so much fun, I constantly giggled inside the helmet... To bad he got the better of me, and I finnished 9th.

But it's my best result this season, and my best result ever in dry conditions. So I'm very pleased!!!!!
The new Bridgestones works like a dream! I'm so happy I descided to stay with Bridgestone for 2006!

Now there's a couple of days to rest, work on the bike, bus, and trailer. And then we're off to Denmark for the first race in the Scandinavian Open Championships. My first race abroad!!!! It's gonna be fun!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Keep up the good work Macke!

Always good to hear your race reports!

Good luck on the next one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.