Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Power Race and tire warmers.

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  yesac72 
#1 ·
anyone run Power Race without warmers? how fast do they warm up compared to powers and 2CT's? are they ready to go on turn 2 like powers or are they a 3 lap warm up before you can push?

#3 ·
yeah i would go at a medium pace on the first lap...go fast down the straights and brake hard to help get heat in the tires...after the 2nd lap they should be good to go

#6 ·
I'd love to run pirellis but aren't they pretty high dollar compared to Michilin's. I know you aren't getting the same quality tire, but I've been on pilot power 2ct and have been happy with them until my last track day.budgets you know! How fast do pirelli's warm up without warmers and generally how many track days are they good for? I'm in probably the top 75% as far as speed will running warmers increase the life as far as another track day goes? They're just a pain in the butt and more money and I'd like to wait until next year to purchase some when I plan on club racing.but if the perilli's will outlast michelin's than that would out weigh the cost to me.

#7 ·
i did three track days on my pirellis and about 500 street miles and the back was toast by then...without tire warmers about 2 laps like most race tires...well thats what i woudl do before i went balls out on them

#8 ·
if you are just doing trackdays you might want to switch to slicks...you will get more life outa those even though they are a little more on the price

#9 ·
Another thing to keep in mind is that race tires can get something called cold tearing by not using tire warmers. Not sure if that applies to all brands and I don't know much about it but I've heard of it a few times. I run Bridgestone race tires on the track and always use tire warmers. I can get a few good track days on one set and I usually finish them on a long mountain run.

In all honesty I feel way more confident pushing hard right at the start of the session with the tires at temp. The sessions are never long enough so I want to get as much as I can out of it.

#10 ·
Dciii

You didn't say why you changed your mind about the PPs.
I would try the DCIIIs. You don't need warmers for them and they should be good for all but the fastest riders.

#15 ·
I used to run a PRC/PR5 combo until I found the Bridgestones!! For the PR's I would take it easy for a lap and then gradually get a bit faster. By the 3rd lap I am running at speed. I have not tried the Pirelli's yet but from what I have been told the sidewalls are pretty similar to the B-stones in that they are very hard so my set-up should be good with both.

#17 ·
Its obvious from watching club to professional racing that power races aren't up to snuff so I realize that the pirelli's and bridgstones are superior they are just somewhat higher and I am still trying to get my suspension done and the rest of my gear. Thats why I was looking at power races but I realize how important tires are so I would spend more if yall stear me that way. Thanks for your insight.

#19 ·
Does anyone have the Diablo Rosso's yet? Been waiting on a review on how well they work as far as the track and road cause I will be using them for both. Plan on getting two sets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.