Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Pahrump Pics 6/10/06

2K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  1bad7 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of me at the trackday at Pharump with Kneedragger and KaTooM!!!! Man it was hot but we all did really well. With that being the first time ever at the track I think a 1.51 is pretty good for me. Still have alot of work to do to go as fast as Kneedragger and KaTooM though.ENJOY!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
1bad7 said:
You don't look near as comfortable on the 10 as you did on the R6 and R1...what gives bro? I hope you guys had fun though. SALLY!!
Cut me some f-ing slack JOHN, that was the first trackday ever on the 10!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus those pics were taken in the morning when I was just getting used to the bike and track. Damn photo guy didnt go out after lunch, im sure those pics would have put YOU to shame, keep up the good work though JOHN, maybe you'll be as fast as me when you grow up!!!!! BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!1

#6 ·
:thumbsup: fellas It was a great day Larry Grogan made a guest apperance:eek:ccasion1 and watching RTSPRING pick up the pace in the afternoon was a joy to see. I was on my PPs and they held up well for a HOT day. I was kinda scared to go out there with my front knowing its history, but it held up well and now I will soon be mounting some new rubber.:thumbsup:

You guys KaTooM was kind enough to let me ride his badazz whip:thumbsup: (Ohlins front forks, Penske rear shock, PCIII and best of all the carbonfiber BSTs and some damn nice rubber mounted to them.). All I can say is my stock shit sucks:crackup: dose the job but cranking over the MEAN GREEN and feeling how nice it was to absorb the bumps like I only dream of with his mods, I now know that this is a must do for the 10R if you want to be fast on the track. I have been lucky to meet you guys and KaTooM has seen me progress the most as he met me the week I purchased the 10R and got it to the track for the first time.:beer:
It was a long term goal of mine to pass KaTooM and stay out front:eek:ccasion1. I achived that goal this weekend and happy to have done so. You guys are by far some of the coolest people a forum could have:eek:ccasion1 and even better is to share our passion for the track like we all enjoy doing so much. Good times ahead and keep the rubber side down. Peace untill next time:wink:

#9 ·
rtspring said:
Cut me some f-ing slack JOHN, that was the first trackday ever on the 10!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus those pics were taken in the morning when I was just getting used to the bike and track. Damn photo guy didnt go out after lunch, im sure those pics would have put YOU to shame, keep up the good work though JOHN, maybe you'll be as fast as me when you grow up!!!!! BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!1

All I hear are excuses...Grow a set and ride the damn bike...Put me to shame? Are you kidding me? When you can catch me and run with me, then we'll talk about shame...Fast as you...I'm already faster than you...But you won't put that on here will ya? Didn't think so. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :lol: J/K

I'm glad you guys had a blast. I told you that she's a beast to ride until you get the suspension sorted, NOW you see what I'm talking about. Don't worry bro as soon as you put the Elka on and have it right it really does make a big difference in the handling. Then you'll be really moving.

#12 ·
Damn it. I was at the same Best Western as KATooM. I parked in front of his truck. His bike's Bad A$$. I was wondering about the brake master cyclinder? Stock? Also saw a Titanium 10r in front of the lounge/bar. I rode on Sunday. It was cooler. A good overall day. Shiat, I was hoping to meet up with some of you guys.

#13 ·
Why didn't you stop in and say hi? Or even better you could have PMed me I could have got you in on SAT. the 10th as it was a lot of fun for us we all kept it rubber side down and were having a blast. Let me know your plans as to your next track events I might stop by.:eek:ccasion1

#14 ·
I rode with a buddy on Sunday. Neither of us cold get off work early on Friday to drive up and ride Sat. We drove frome Palm Springs area. 4 to 4 1/2 hrs. Hope to get to ride with a few of you. My lap times were pretty slow, Clif Sands said mid 1:55s should be okay for a first time out. I've got some work to do. Best of 1:56.68. My friend I ride with was around the same times he has 17 years of experiecnce and age on me. He does want to push as hard. So I would definitely like to follow or be followed with any advice on what I can do to get better and faster.

#15 ·
Breaking is what makes a faster rider better and looking threw the turn focused on his target. I am no racer but I will say my skills are getting better and I am getting help from a fellow Kawi racer. I have no idea what I run at that track I guess around mid 1:40s. Archille who is a member here is fast along with a fellow Duc rider that he knows and I know they are very fast on that track. I know this I was passed two times Sat. once on my warm up lap and once by a guy getting his racing license. I was able to hang with him he did not shock me as being much faster. I will say this I am not fast I just do this for fun and look at this sport as a learning chance to become a better rider.

#16 ·
kneedragger said:
Breaking is what makes a faster rider better and looking threw the turn focused on his target. I am no racer but I will say my skills are getting better and I am getting help from a fellow Kawi racer. I have no idea what I run at that track I guess around mid 1:40s. Archille who is a member here is fast along with a fellow Duc rider that he knows and I know they are very fast on that track. I know this I was passed two times Sat. once on my warm up lap and once by a guy getting his racing license. I was able to hang with him he did not shock me as being much faster. I will say this I am not fast I just do this for fun and look at this sport as a learning chance to become a better rider.
All of what Kneedragger said and you have to have a good line in the corners. With this being my first time at Pharump the lines through the corners were my worst part. What you need to do is go out there and try what you think is fast and whats feels good to you and then come in and talk with some other guys that have ridden the track alot. For me talking to the guys that run the trackday helped alot, they let me in some secrets for some if the turns and speeds that you wouldnt think that you could take some of the corners. Your racing line has alot to do with your lap times and all the stuff Knee said. Hoped that helped. Sorry we didnt get a chance to meet, maybe next time.

#17 ·
I wasn't there but I've ridden with rtspring quite a bit(good rider by the way), and as I am a MSF rider coach and have been riding for awhile, the biggest thing for me is looking through the corners and confidence in not only yourself but everything(surface, tires, suspension, other riders) I believe it all plays into being fast and getting faster. I also believe that seat time really helps. But of course this is just my .02

#18 ·
Thanks, I appreciate everyone's advice. This was my 5th track day. My 1st was at The Streets of Willow Oct, 05. And the other 3 at Ca. Speedway. I was told by one of the instructor's from Fasttrack Riders to get my head out from behind the windscreen (cornering).I was shifting my body over but not my head. I have been working on that as well as looking through the corners (exit). I have a few guys I ride with but no one raelly has followed or chased me to give me a good idea of what I amdoing right/wrong. I am definetly looking forward to meeting up and maybe doing some laps.

#19 ·
Sukutto said:
I was told by one of the instructor's from Fasttrack Riders to get my head out from behind the windscreen (cornering).I was shifting my body over but not my head. I have been working on that as well as looking through the corners (exit).

That is VERY sound advice(unless of course you are "real" road racing and then you might not want to so much). Another thing you can do and it really helps us over here is get and look at pics of you taken thoughout the day at different spots and(turns). It's amazing that you'll tell somebody "dude you not getting off the bike at all" and he'll say "but I feel like I'm completely off the thing". When you get pics they don't lie about what your doing out there and of course when the pics look good you can put them out so everybody can see then as well.

#20 ·
1bad7 said:
That is VERY sound advice(unless of course you are "real" road racing and then you might not want to so much). Another thing you can do and it really helps us over here is get and look at pics of you taken thoughout the day at different spots and(turns). It's amazing that you'll tell somebody "dude you not getting off the bike at all" and he'll say "but I feel like I'm completely off the thing". When you get pics they don't lie about what your doing out there and of course when the pics look good you can put them out so everybody can see then as well.
:+1: Pictures are great!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 ·
Larry Grogan said:
Rtspring, did you get the CD, if so please post the pics of the guy on the Black Ducati that was haulin ass while standing up on the inside peg.
Larry, I only got the pictures of myself, thats how the photographer was working the deals but I do remember seeing that guy on the computer when I was looking through all my pictures. WTF was he doing??????? There was also a guy that rode like Ben Spies does, elbows out, he looked funny too!!!!

#25 ·
some people are different thats fo sho :eyecrazy: I cant post the photo as my comp. is not letting me KaTooM will know how :idea: its the blue Suzuki middle row on the pics of all of us www.socaltrakday.com photos and hit the link:eek:ccasion1 funny stuff. The Duc. guy looks ok its the Suzuki guy that looks so :crackup:

#26 ·
kneedragger said:
some people are different thats fo sho :eyecrazy: I cant post the photo as my comp. is not letting me KaTooM will know how :idea: its the blue Suzuki middle row on the pics of all of us www.socaltrakday.com photos and hit the link:eek:ccasion1 funny stuff. The Duc. guy looks ok its the Suzuki guy that looks so :crackup:
Cant you also look at them at www.trackday.net?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.