No ZX-10R in Daytona Superbike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

No ZX-10R in Daytona Superbike

http://admin.amaproracing.com/assets/D200-EntryList.pdf

I know Kawi isn't running a factory effort in American Superbike but why isn't there any privateer fielding a 10R?

Like always there's a boat load of GSX-R's but there is also a lot of CBR's and Honda doens't have a factory team either (even though Corona Honda's pretty close). So whats the difference?

Last edited by 05pearlmagma10r; 02-16-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

ghey

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #3 of 18 Old 02-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

leave it to DMG to F things up!!! I havent been to an AMA race and I was going to go this year but F it, I'll go to motogp indy or maybe wsbk if they are coming this year. Its all factory bikes and no special one off parts or engineering for that matter, might as well go watch CMRA or WERA or some other club races and see the exact same thing!

2004 ZX10r Black with Carbon Termignoni slip on and more mods to come
2005 Suzuki Boulavard (to many mods to list) Sold
2005 Kawasaki ZZR600 Sold
2001 Suz9ki DRZ400s to SuMo conversion Raced with the OSB (Oklahoma Super Bikers) #120 Sponsored by Quiznos of Yukon and Advanced Signs of Edmond Sold:headshake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Their contingency program is pretty good. I dunno, maybe it's (contingency) not as good as the others. Maybe and somewhat obviously, the 10R isn't as racer friendly as Suzukis and possibly Hondas. Suzukis seem the most popular among privateers and always have. They probably take less $$$ to make them competitive. Now that I think of it, 10R's have been pretty rare in the superbike field even before the DMG era.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
Their contingency program is pretty good. I dunno, maybe it's (contingency) not as good as the others. Maybe and somewhat obviously, the 10R isn't as racer friendly as Suzukis and possibly Hondas. Suzukis seem the most popular among privateers and always have. They probably take less $$$ to make them competitive. Now that I think of it, 10R's have been pretty rare in the superbike field even before the DMG era.
yea whats up with that? too fast too twichy??

2004 Big Dog Mastiff 117ci
*2007 ZX-10r* SOLD
2002 RC-51 (399lbs dry)
2005 yzf 450 Scotts (Ohlins?)
post #6 of 18 Old 02-21-2009, 04:33 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to wildcats
well thats y i got a kawi no one has them, and all the gsxr riders dont know what to expect when i leave them because they think my bike is slow HA 08 10 baby
post #7 of 18 Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

This has got to be the lamest excuse for Kawis not racing I have ever read. I love kawis (all bikes as a matter of fact) but...

"the 10R isn't as racer friendly as Suzukis and possibly Hondas"

"yea whats up with that? too fast too twichy??"

OMG! Unfortunately, they are not competitive. Until they are, Kawasaki will have no need to race (advertise that they are not a good a sport bike as the others). They are good street bikes but are not competitive in competition. It sucks but let's be real guys.

Last edited by AQAJR; 02-23-2009 at 05:44 PM.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQAJR View Post
This has got to be the lamest excuse for Kawis not racing I have ever read. I love kawis (all bikes as a matter of fact) but...

OMG! Unfortunately, they are not competitive. Until they are, Kawasaki will have no need to race (advertise that they are not a good a sport bike as the others). They are good street bikes but are not competitive in competition. It sucks but let's be real guys.
Thatís exactly why Kawasaki isn't running in GP, because they weren't competitive. I am curious as to why the street bike that wins the majority of the shootouts becomes so uncompetitive in race trim? You would think that if you start out with the best production motorcycle adding high end aftermarket parts should only add to the already potent package.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQAJR View Post

When I stated "not racer friendly", I meant that for the privateer on a tighter budget (as most are) Kaws probably take more time, effort, tuning, and money to make competitive. Let's face it, suzukis have pretty much ruled the factory and privateer ranks since mladin took over development years ago. They tend to put out a great all-around bike every year. Kawasakis are known for great motor, yamahas good chassis and style, hondas I'll have to get back to you on.Blandness maybe. And as far as not racing because your not competitve, racing improves the streetbike line, which in turn gives you a better racebike. Kawasaki just plain sucks for not giving Hacking a superbike to ride. Concerning Motogp, I hate they quit, but in this economy does it make sense to spend upwards 50 mil/year to show the world your bike is not competitive? I'd like to see dorna make rules to lower cost of the series. Until then Motogp is on the verge of losing viewers and sponsors. Suzuki could be next.

Last edited by hayden41; 02-23-2009 at 11:16 PM.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

its cause they dont paint their bikes titanium in color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in