Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Nitrous ZX10 ready for Maxton Mile

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  dsabat 
#1 ·
Hey folks, the turbo bike isn't quite ready, so I'm bringing the nitrous bike, and shooting for the 208.087 APS/F-1000 record. Scott Guthrie Racing is helping me out with logistics and aero tips.

To be considered an 'Altered' class bike (the "A" in APS), I'm running a cut down tank, less than 1 gallon. It also lets me tuck under the fairing a little tighter.

This bike made 178hp on pump gas, stock displacement, with a Competition CNC head and race intake cam. Tuned for dry nitrous at Livengood Motorsports, it made 240hp on C-16 fuel, with retarded ignition timing.

With this tuneup it ran 218.7 mph at the final meet of last season. Hopefully it will run close to that, maybe a little better.

If it runs OK and sets a record, I have a tuneup for a larger nitrous jet (52 vs 41) set up for a Walbro fuel pump. With the 52 it makes about 280hp with a richer AFR and more timing pulled.

I'll take some onboard video and post it next week, as long as it doesn't melt :)

Dean

See less See more
#4 ·
I LOVE the 'Mad Max' look with the NOS tank on the tail!! :thumbsup: Good luck with your runs!!!!!

#5 ·
Good luck Dean I hope things go well ,the record should not be to big of a problem your bikes are the fastest zx-10's period. No winter mods for me this year ( no Greg )

#7 ·
Well the motor ran great, tune up was right on, but the chassis was twitchy; it wanted to headshake in 5th and 6th when the nitrous came on. I made passes at 205 & 203, rolling in & out of the throttle, and a 210 pass staying in it a little longer to nip the 208 record. I will go through the chassis before it goes out again. It was a fun weekend, no one got hurt, I didn't break anything, so I'll try to go stupid fast next time. I'll post a video in a few days, but I didn't get the 210 pass.

#10 ·
Wow , did not know maxton was so bumpy, awesome job

#12 ·
Nice job Dean, missed you at Texas a couple weeks ago. My turbo bike was also not ready so I brought my nitrous zx-10 and did 192.6 mph. Stock motor, 55hp dry shot with an MPS spyder kit. She's maxxed out until I get into the motor.

- Doug

#14 ·
Bike looks awesome dean! You think the shake is coming from the suspension settings?

#15 ·
Thanks folks. Congrats Doug, 193 at Texas is flying, especially for a stock motor ZX10, WTG. I'm hoping to come out to Beeville in May with the turbo, maybe see you then.

Not sure what is up with the twitchiness, it was solid last year. Haven't had a chance to touch it yet, I'll post up if I find anything. I did box up the stock damper to send to Dan Kyle tho :)

#21 ·
Congart Dean,

The maxton track is not also flat like Loring. That bumping !!! Have you closing and opening the throttle on the 6th gears just before the finish line, because it's to much bumping ?

Thanks for sharing the video.

#22 ·
Sorry I 'lost the thread' here :)

Kawi 9 - yes and no, I think the bumps made the chassis issue worse, but there is more to it I suspect. Still working on it.

Gixx - thanks, I don't think I can use any more spray! It's only got one 41 jet in it now.

Gearing is kinda subjective, but Google 'gearing commander' and you can figure out what sizes you need.

Having too much fun with turbo to take out the nitrous bike, but it will go out race again in September - shooting for 220+ in the cooler air.

#23 ·
question guys

i used to have C6 corvette ,, Nitrous ( Stock engine ) 480 RWHP
F1C with stroker engine ( 850 RWHP )
on STOCK car engine V8 LS2 like Corvette i can shot 75 Nitrous without changing any thing in the engine
on the ZX14 how Much nitrous i can shot on Stock engine without breaking the engine ,,,
nitrous system like adams performance or Spider ,, Dry nitrous ,,,
how much i can shot on Stock engine to use on street :d ?

#24 ·
If you run good fuel (like 110 leaded or more from the track), and make the appropriate changes to your map, you can spray up to 50hp without changing ignition timing.

On the street, with pump gas, and again with the right map, I'd stick to 30hp to be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.