NITROUS PROBLEMS almost lost 100 bucks - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 07-31-2006, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

NITROUS PROBLEMS almost lost 100 bucks

Raced saturday in new orleans.....in a tire class and lost the first due to airshifter problems.....the guy who won got to talkin sh*t,,,,,pissed me off.....then i got cocky and snapped 100 bill in his face...he has a busa with plenty of goodies on it.....
first race i got him out of the hole and never seen him again. i hit my button to spary him and nothing happened. got right at the finish line and he flew by me.....i said i won he said he won........it was that close......the lights were down at the moment and there were 2 officials and the rap and both said it was too colse to call........ we did it again.. i really didnt want to since my spray wasnt working,,,,,we lined up and he red lighted......i won L-U-C-K-Y
heres my question.......why wouldnt my nitrous work?? i closed the bottle and let off the pressure on the line and then i could hear the cylinoid click.... i let the bottle cool off hooked everything thing up and it sprayed. went to race and nothing.......when i was loading the bike up i could spray it with thebike off and it ssssssss just a little bit and when i cranked the bike,,,,it never reved like it would when it usually does. i know its not good to do that either........any ideas????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

1. bottle setup
  2. bottle pressure
  3. those would be where i would start.
post #3 of 22 Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 PM

Posting Frequency

if you hear the solenoid click its opening and if it sprays with the bike off it should spray with it on too. im not sure exactly but i have seen many solenoids fail under pressure if you leave the bottle open for a while.. usualy its the small solenoids that fail. this is the only reason i hate spray it can be very unreliable.. as can turbos.. i have had my share of losses in my turbo civic due to boost issues.. good luck and post the results when you fix it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
mabey try blowing out the lines....when I ran nitrous in my bike that happened once, would click by its self with no pressure but once I opened the bottle it did, I blew all the lines out and it worked ???
post #5 of 22 Old 08-01-2006, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

i know its got to be the pressure...it sprayed before.,.,.,.,i have the bottle mounted under the plastic by the handle bars. i know the heat from the headers is making the pressure high. should i try wrap my headers in that heat resistant stuff? i have my bottle there because the kit is hid. its the only place where the bottle would go without being seen
post #6 of 22 Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

this is how mine was mounted and it would only give me about 6 sec of nos and the bottle was still full. i took the tube out of it too. if its on a angle that might be your problem.mine is mounted on the swingarm now and works great. just a thought.

Last edited by eric; 06-02-2007 at 04:31 PM.
post #7 of 22 Old 08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Yeah thats not the best angle for it, 6 seconds isnt to long. Unless you are spraying a heafty shot which if your extended you might eb running lol.

I actually am going to mount a 1 lbs bottle on the upper rail on the swingarm and keep the tube in there so that when your accelerating and if your low on fluid the bottle will always pick up the fluid.

What kinda shot r ya running?
post #8 of 22 Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i have a size 41 jet in there now. im hoping to get 50+ hp out of it.
post #9 of 22 Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

nice. What system are you using? The muzzys kit?

You dont happen to knwo what size jets come in that kit do ya?
post #10 of 22 Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i have the mps with the instant rich fuel mixture control. it works good as long as you run a 40+ shot anything under that you are running way too rich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in