nitrous help!!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-04-2006, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

nitrous help!!!!

i just bought a dry nitrous kit for my 04 10. the kit comes with 15, 30, and 40 hp pills. what do i need to do to make my bike run with this kit. when i richen the fuel on my power commander, do i richen it all the way on the high side? if i used a 40 shot, would my bike stand up when in the high gears, 4,5,6? my bike is slightly under 60 inches. i am going to have it sprayin when i hit my starter, i already have an airshifter using my horn. i plan on not sprayin the bike all the time, just when money is on the line. what is the best pill to use? i am running 9.4 on motor. should i expect to cross the line and actually hit a high 8? where is the best place to put my bottle so no one will see it. the kit comes with a 1.25 lb bottle. how many passes should a bottle last me???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-04-2006, 11:11 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebar4
i just bought a dry nitrous kit for my 04 10. the kit comes with 15, 30, and 40 hp pills. what do i need to do to make my bike run with this kit. when i richen the fuel on my power commander, do i richen it all the way on the high side? if i used a 40 shot, would my bike stand up when in the high gears, 4,5,6? my bike is slightly under 60 inches. i am going to have it sprayin when i hit my starter, i already have an airshifter using my horn. i plan on not sprayin the bike all the time, just when money is on the line. what is the best pill to use? i am running 9.4 on motor. should i expect to cross the line and actually hit a high 8? where is the best place to put my bottle so no one will see it. the kit comes with a 1.25 lb bottle. how many passes should a bottle last me???????
i use the mps instant rich fuel controller and it works awesome. you can run it with a pc so you dont have to have 2 maps.with a pc only, you need to take to a dyno so you know your not to lean or to rich. i have a 55-60 shot on mine and it hasn't came up yet but i also have the stock tire on it. i spin alot so i'm changing over to a shinko 003. i'm also 6 inches over and i put my bottle between the swingarm and tire. it will be hard to hide a bottle on the 10r. you could try to rig up something with the solo seat. if you have any problem with the installation just pm me.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

You really have to get it tuned on a dyno to know where the A/F is. Did you, by chance, get the muzzys kit? It shouldn't come on you alot with the length of your bike. Why use the starter button to activate the solenoid? Use the the lap button. Thats what I did and it works great.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

the kit will be here in a couple of days. i will try the lap button. i have a big race lined up on mothersday. i know i wont have the bike dynoed then. could i just manually adjust the fuel the the richest it will go on the high rpms? im gonna just hit it when i feel i need to. dont want to win by too much. what kind of 1/4 mile times would you estimate? oh,,i didnt get the muzzy kit..i got the dyno tune kit..
post #5 of 16 Old 05-05-2006, 01:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
the kit will be here in a couple of days. i will try the lap button. i have a big race lined up on mothersday. i know i wont have the bike dynoed then. could i just manually adjust the fuel the the richest it will go on the high rpms? im gonna just hit it when i feel i need to. dont want to win by too much. what kind of 1/4 mile times would you estimate? oh,,i didnt get the muzzy kit..i got the dyno tune kit..
your bike might run like shit if you rich it too much and you dont hit the nos and you dont want it too lean. if its too lean it will blow your motor.
post #6 of 16 Old 05-05-2006, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

does anyone have a map for nitrous that they could send me? i have a full muzzy exhaust and stock filter.....
post #7 of 16 Old 05-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

What elevation are you at? You really need to tune the nitrous on the dyno. Too lean & you will need a new motor. Too rich and your big race turns into a big loss and fouled plugs.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I would screw with nitrous without tuning the bike properly for it. You could have a very expensive race on your hands. Quit being lazy and get it done the right way. It won't take too much time or money to have it set-up properly, but if you don't you could be buying a new motor.

My previous bikes : 1st bike 1984 Honda V45 (750cc)
2nd bike 1999 Gixxer 600
3rd bike 2001 Yamaha FZ1
Current bike 2005 Green ZX10R

I bought my 10 brand new on March 31, 2006 it was a left over from 2005 so I got a really good deal. BREAK IN COMPLETE ! Riding hard and saving up for mods.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

If You Stick With The Small Jet On The Dry Shot You Need Not Mess With The A/f Ratio Or Retared The Timing I Had A Dry Shot With A 20 Hp Shot On My 03 Gsx-r 750 And It Shaved A Little More Than A Half Sec Off The 1/4 Mile Time With Out Changing The A/f Ratio We Dynoed It And Everything Come Out Great TILL WE PUT THAT WET KIT ON THERE IT WAS A ROCKET YOU CAN READ ABOUT THAT UND NITROUS BOO BOO ON THIS SITE IF YOU WANT
post #10 of 16 Old 05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Cycle Concepts
Quote:

I get this type of attitude all the time at my shop when i'm bulding engines or tuning them...you could get real lucky and install the kit and it goes out there and runs perfect and you when the race you have setup and it could go extremely bad for you too...if that bike is running on the lean and you spray it it's gonna cost you the race and your motor...put the race off until you know your bike is ready to run...don't rush things like this because things like this are costly one way or the other...good luck!!!

dwayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in