New best et but Still off - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

New best et but Still off

Well, im happy but dissapointed to. I ran my best et and 60ft but my mph sucked. Ok, stock everything not lowered I was running 10.70's @ 137-139mph with 1.95-2.05 60ft's. Now I have a 16 tooth sprocket in the front, lowered 2's in the rear, 1.5 in the front, and the shorty pipe and my mph was bewteen 135-136 only. Im wondering if I need a map or the pipe is killing my topend. My 1/8 mph was only 109. Check this, my 60ft's were consistent low 1.8's, finally, with a 1.81 being my best. My fastest pass of the night was a [email protected] with a 1.83 60ft and it was against a stock but lowered zx14. I barely got em on this run, he ran a [email protected] AnywaysI was expecting my mph to be around 140 with the sprocket but I think the pipe is killing me up top. On August 11th, I will go again with my stock exhaust on, lowered the same and the 16 tooth and see if my mph is up with the stock exhaust versus the shorty pipe. I know there is a lot more in her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX06'10r
Well, im happy but dissapointed to. I ran my best et and 60ft but my mph sucked. Ok, stock everything not lowered I was running 10.70's @ 137-139mph with 1.95-2.05 60ft's. Now I have a 16 tooth sprocket in the front, lowered 2's in the rear, 1.5 in the front, and the shorty pipe and my mph was bewteen 135-136 only. Im wondering if I need a map or the pipe is killing my topend. My 1/8 mph was only 109. Check this, my 60ft's were consistent low 1.8's, finally, with a 1.81 being my best. My fastest pass of the night was a [email protected] with a 1.83 60ft and it was against a stock but lowered zx14. I barely got em on this run, he ran a [email protected] AnywaysI was expecting my mph to be around 140 with the sprocket but I think the pipe is killing me up top. On August 11th, I will go again with my stock exhaust on, lowered the same and the 16 tooth and see if my mph is up with the stock exhaust versus the shorty pipe. I know there is a lot more in her.
TX06'10r, I started out like you, believe me...just strap the bike..lower and practice. I am still practicing but the 60s are way down.like under 1.7s at my best and normall 1.7s flat with a stock bike and lowered and straped. Seen lower Hp bikes do the same but we have the advantage after that...keep it up.
post #3 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
TX06'10r, I started out like you, believe me...just strap the bike..lower and practice. I am still practicing but the 60s are way down.like under 1.7s at my best and normall 1.7s flat with a stock bike and lowered and straped. Seen lower Hp bikes do the same but we have the advantage after that...keep it up.
Thanks bd, what do you think about my mph though? From 137-138 stock to 135-136 now. Do you think my pipe is killing me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Thanks bd, what do you think about my mph though? From 137-138 stock to 135-136 now. Do you think my pipe is killing me?
don't worry about the MPH...just get the 60 down and it will open up from there.
post #5 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
don't worry about the MPH...just get the 60 down and it will open up from there.
True words.

You have to learn to ride that bike in stock trim before throwing mods at it.

If not......it's the mods getting faster....not you.

Have you burned up a set of clutches yet ? Ride harder !

WERA Expert #760
'10 N.E./Mid-A Hwt. Senior Superbike Champ
'09 N.E. "A" Superstock Champ
'09 Senior Superbike Champ

www.sichertengraving.com - www.Karns-performance.com - www.Absolutesignshop.com - www.Untamedvelocity.com - www.keystonegenerators.com
Vortex - Hotbodies - Scorpion Helmets - LP Racing - Vesrah - Pitbull

Last edited by BackMarker; 07-08-2006 at 08:33 AM.
post #6 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 09:27 AM

Posting Frequency

keep up the good work man, i'm in the 1'7s for my sixty and it is aggrivating, but I am getting faster each time i go out witch aint been much. On a 636 with a stock wheel base also i hit 1.60 60' however it was a bike with less power. My bike is all stock except lowered, strapped, and geared. My 1/8mile is 6.5. I really want a 6.1/6.0 on a stock wheelbase bike, if i could hit a 5.9 i would be really happy, but i just need some more seat time and a few little mods. Slipin the clutch and immediatly hitting WOT and keepin the front down is always fun. I think im in need of a new clutch its acting up. Just curious who out their is running a stock wheelbase bike and what are your numbers?
post #7 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Well my thing is this, I went from a best of 1.95 to consistent low 1.8's and at that every run I felt like dam I know I got a whole lot more then that so im promising you guys some high 1.7's next month when I go. I have 9200 miles on my bike and my clutch didin't act up at all last night. As far as staying stock and getting better like that, yall are right. The slip on is coming off, as a matter a fact it's sold already. Im going back with my stock exhaust and staying with the 16 tooth in the front and it's staying like that until the bike goes 9.99. I figure by this fall it will be there when it cools down and I get more time on the bike. I was going 1/2 throttle out of the hole and bogging and I was still cutting low 1.8's so I know with wot some high 1.6's are possible. Thanks guys, by the way is the clutch the same part# for the 04,05,06?
post #8 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Well my thing is this, I went from a best of 1.95 to consistent low 1.8's and at that every run I felt like dam I know I got a whole lot more then that so im promising you guys some high 1.7's next month when I go. I have 9200 miles on my bike and my clutch didin't act up at all last night. As far as staying stock and getting better like that, yall are right. The slip on is coming off, as a matter a fact it's sold already. Im going back with my stock exhaust and staying with the 16 tooth in the front and it's staying like that until the bike goes 9.99. I figure by this fall it will be there when it cools down and I get more time on the bike. I was going 1/2 throttle out of the hole and bogging and I was still cutting low 1.8's so I know with wot some high 1.6's are possible. Thanks guys, by the way is the clutch the same part# for the 04,05,06?
Make sure you slip that clutch when your WOT or your gonna loop her.

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
post #9 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

That my problem, sometimes I just dump it and thats why I cut a couple of 1.88,1.89 60ft's and then it's bog city after that.
post #10 of 31 Old 07-08-2006, 04:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB
keep up the good work man, i'm in the 1'7s for my sixty and it is aggrivating, but I am getting faster each time i go out witch aint been much. On a 636 with a stock wheel base also i hit 1.60 60' however it was a bike with less power. My bike is all stock except lowered, strapped, and geared. My 1/8mile is 6.5. I really want a 6.1/6.0 on a stock wheelbase bike, if i could hit a 5.9 i would be really happy, but i just need some more seat time and a few little mods. Slipin the clutch and immediatly hitting WOT and keepin the front down is always fun. I think im in need of a new clutch its acting up. Just curious who out their is running a stock wheelbase bike and what are your numbers?
I'm running stock wheelbase and started out running 6.4's and with more seat time I was able to go 6.2's at 2". Then I decided to run AMA/Prostar 1000 SuperSport and you have to be at 3" height, well I slowed back to 6.3's and every now and then I'd go high 6.2's. Sent my bike off to get the SuperSport package for the motor and now at 3" the best I've been is 6.14 at 123mph and 9.42 at 151mph. Seat time and clutch release is key on a stock wheelbase bike. Good Luck and keep practicing.

Kenny Poppell
AMA Dragbike SuperSport #1000
2007 AMA Dragbike 1000SS National Champion
2007 1000SS 1/8th ET Record Holder 5.967
Best 1/[email protected] Best 1/[email protected] Stock Wheelbase
Special Thanks:

Performance Psycle
Richies Tires
http://www.XXXRacingFuel.com
http://www.SuperbikeSpecialties.com
http://www.Tsukigi.com
http://www.CycleConceptsRacing.com
http://www.myspace.com/ruthlessracing1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in