Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New best et but Still off

2K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  BryanB 
#1 ·
Well, im happy but dissapointed to. I ran my best et and 60ft but my mph sucked. Ok, stock everything not lowered I was running 10.70's @ 137-139mph with 1.95-2.05 60ft's. Now I have a 16 tooth sprocket in the front, lowered 2's in the rear, 1.5 in the front, and the shorty pipe and my mph was bewteen 135-136 only. Im wondering if I need a map or the pipe is killing my topend. My 1/8 mph was only 109. Check this, my 60ft's were consistent low 1.8's, finally, with a 1.81 being my best. My fastest pass of the night was a 10.40@136 with a 1.83 60ft and it was against a stock but lowered zx14. I barely got em on this run, he ran a 10.54@136. AnywaysI was expecting my mph to be around 140 with the sprocket but I think the pipe is killing me up top. On August 11th, I will go again with my stock exhaust on, lowered the same and the 16 tooth and see if my mph is up with the stock exhaust versus the shorty pipe. I know there is a lot more in her.

#2 ·
TX06'10r said:
Well, im happy but dissapointed to. I ran my best et and 60ft but my mph sucked. Ok, stock everything not lowered I was running 10.70's @ 137-139mph with 1.95-2.05 60ft's. Now I have a 16 tooth sprocket in the front, lowered 2's in the rear, 1.5 in the front, and the shorty pipe and my mph was bewteen 135-136 only. Im wondering if I need a map or the pipe is killing my topend. My 1/8 mph was only 109. Check this, my 60ft's were consistent low 1.8's, finally, with a 1.81 being my best. My fastest pass of the night was a 10.40@136 with a 1.83 60ft and it was against a stock but lowered zx14. I barely got em on this run, he ran a 10.54@136. AnywaysI was expecting my mph to be around 140 with the sprocket but I think the pipe is killing me up top. On August 11th, I will go again with my stock exhaust on, lowered the same and the 16 tooth and see if my mph is up with the stock exhaust versus the shorty pipe. I know there is a lot more in her.
TX06'10r, I started out like you, believe me...just strap the bike..lower and practice. I am still practicing but the 60s are way down.like under 1.7s at my best and normall 1.7s flat with a stock bike and lowered and straped. Seen lower Hp bikes do the same but we have the advantage after that...keep it up.:thumbsup:

#3 ·
bluedevil said:
TX06'10r, I started out like you, believe me...just strap the bike..lower and practice. I am still practicing but the 60s are way down.like under 1.7s at my best and normall 1.7s flat with a stock bike and lowered and straped. Seen lower Hp bikes do the same but we have the advantage after that...keep it up.:thumbsup:
Thanks bd, what do you think about my mph though? From 137-138 stock to 135-136 now. Do you think my pipe is killing me?

#4 ·
TX06'10r said:
Thanks bd, what do you think about my mph though? From 137-138 stock to 135-136 now. Do you think my pipe is killing me?
don't worry about the MPH...just get the 60 down and it will open up from there. :thumbsup:

#5 · (Edited)
bluedevil said:
don't worry about the MPH...just get the 60 down and it will open up from there. :thumbsup:
True words.

You have to learn to ride that bike in stock trim before throwing mods at it.

If not......it's the mods getting faster....not you. :cool:

Have you burned up a set of clutches yet ? Ride harder !

#6 ·
keep up the good work man, i'm in the 1'7s for my sixty and it is aggrivating, but I am getting faster each time i go out witch aint been much. On a 636 with a stock wheel base also i hit 1.60 60' however it was a bike with less power. My bike is all stock except lowered, strapped, and geared. My 1/8mile is 6.5. I really want a 6.1/6.0 on a stock wheelbase bike, if i could hit a 5.9 i would be really happy, but i just need some more seat time and a few little mods. Slipin the clutch and immediatly hitting WOT and keepin the front down is always fun. I think im in need of a new clutch its acting up. Just curious who out their is running a stock wheelbase bike and what are your numbers?

#7 ·
Well my thing is this, I went from a best of 1.95 to consistent low 1.8's and at that every run I felt like dam I know I got a whole lot more then that so im promising you guys some high 1.7's next month when I go. I have 9200 miles on my bike and my clutch didin't act up at all last night. As far as staying stock and getting better like that, yall are right. The slip on is coming off, as a matter a fact it's sold already. Im going back with my stock exhaust and staying with the 16 tooth in the front and it's staying like that until the bike goes 9.99. I figure by this fall it will be there when it cools down and I get more time on the bike. I was going 1/2 throttle out of the hole and bogging and I was still cutting low 1.8's so I know with wot some high 1.6's are possible. Thanks guys, by the way is the clutch the same part# for the 04,05,06?

#8 ·
TX06'10r said:
Well my thing is this, I went from a best of 1.95 to consistent low 1.8's and at that every run I felt like dam I know I got a whole lot more then that so im promising you guys some high 1.7's next month when I go. I have 9200 miles on my bike and my clutch didin't act up at all last night. As far as staying stock and getting better like that, yall are right. The slip on is coming off, as a matter a fact it's sold already. Im going back with my stock exhaust and staying with the 16 tooth in the front and it's staying like that until the bike goes 9.99. I figure by this fall it will be there when it cools down and I get more time on the bike. I was going 1/2 throttle out of the hole and bogging and I was still cutting low 1.8's so I know with wot some high 1.6's are possible. Thanks guys, by the way is the clutch the same part# for the 04,05,06?
Make sure you slip that clutch when your WOT or your gonna loop her.

#10 ·
BryanB said:
keep up the good work man, i'm in the 1'7s for my sixty and it is aggrivating, but I am getting faster each time i go out witch aint been much. On a 636 with a stock wheel base also i hit 1.60 60' however it was a bike with less power. My bike is all stock except lowered, strapped, and geared. My 1/8mile is 6.5. I really want a 6.1/6.0 on a stock wheelbase bike, if i could hit a 5.9 i would be really happy, but i just need some more seat time and a few little mods. Slipin the clutch and immediatly hitting WOT and keepin the front down is always fun. I think im in need of a new clutch its acting up. Just curious who out their is running a stock wheelbase bike and what are your numbers?
I'm running stock wheelbase and started out running 6.4's and with more seat time I was able to go 6.2's at 2". Then I decided to run AMA/Prostar 1000 SuperSport and you have to be at 3" height, well I slowed back to 6.3's and every now and then I'd go high 6.2's. Sent my bike off to get the SuperSport package for the motor and now at 3" the best I've been is 6.14 at 123mph and 9.42 at 151mph. Seat time and clutch release is key on a stock wheelbase bike. Good Luck:thumbsup: and keep practicing.:helmet:

#11 ·
Ruthless Racing said:
I'm running stock wheelbase and started out running 6.4's and with more seat time I was able to go 6.2's at 2". Then I decided to run AMA/Prostar 1000 SuperSport and you have to be at 3" height, well I slowed back to 6.3's and every now and then I'd go high 6.2's. Sent my bike off to get the SuperSport package for the motor and now at 3" the best I've been is 6.14 at 123mph and 9.42 at 151mph. Seat time and clutch release is key on a stock wheelbase bike. Good Luck:thumbsup: and keep practicing.:helmet:
The last time I raced my 10 the timer went out so it was PINKS all the way. I raced a 6 Inch extended Busa and I beat him by about 3 bikes. I know if the timer was working I would have ran a 9s something, but the damn timer was not working so I have no record other then the video tape of it. I mean it was a perfect launch, perfect everything, no missed shifts no nothing!!!! It was a great run. But after that I was excited and I ended up dumping the clutch a few times and brought the front up and messed up the rest of my runs!!! But like Ruthless said it takes alot of seat time. I've been dragging for about 5 months now and I still have only ran a 10.2 @ 142mph (On paper anyway)!!!!

#12 ·
bragg10r said:
The last time I raced my 10 the timer went out so it was PINKS all the way. I raced a 6 Inch extended Busa and I beat him by about 3 bikes. I know if the timer was working I would have ran a 9s something, but the damn timer was not working so I have no record other then the video tape of it. I mean it was a perfect launch, perfect everything, no missed shifts no nothing!!!! It was a great run. But after that I was excited and I ended up dumping the clutch a few times and brought the front up and messed up the rest of my runs!!! But like Ruthless said it takes alot of seat time. I've been dragging for about 5 months now and I still have only ran a 10.2 @ 142mph (On paper anyway)!!!!
I've had that happen to me too. I had a nice smooth launch, hit my shift points, may have been an 6.0 pass, but the guy didn't get the computer reset in time on my run. :sad: But oh well it is only a matter of time!!!:mrgreen: :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Ruthless Racing said:
I've had that happen to me too. I had a nice smooth launch, hit my shift points, may have been an 6.0 pass, but the guy didn't get the computer reset in time on my run. :sad: But oh well it is only a matter of time!!!:mrgreen: :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I know your gonna get it ruthless!!!!! You be the man!!!!! :eek:ccasion1

#15 ·
TX06'10r said:

I dont think that your pipe is causing these.... maybe the way you shift your gears, or the rpms that you change the gears. another fact that affect the mph's is how you open the throtle when you start. for example if you use a lot of clutch to keep your front wheel on the track.. you will have lower mph. how about your time 330 ft time???

#16 ·
Check this out, I went drinking last night and I was showing my time slips to a buddy and I left the sob's there at the bar so im not sure. But, I was shifting at 13200, limiter hits at 13500. I was making 135mph clutchless shifting and I changed to power shifting where I don't let off the gas at all and use the clutch and I started making high 136mph. Either way most of my runs I was dumping the clutch near 3500-4000, not really slipping it at all. A couple of runs I managed to slip it ok but my mph stayed the same.

#17 ·
Another thing is that my low fuel light came on when I was doing my burnout and when I did my practice launch after my burnout my bike died out, when I went to the line and launched I launched and it died again, I guess all the fuel went to one side of the tank. I got 1.5 gallons od vp motorsports 103 unleaded and exactly no changes in et, mph or anything. So it is try I guess that to much octane won't help. Does anybody have any experience with mr9?

#18 ·
when I run stock I made 10.1 at 143 and clutchless I made 138. thats when I was stock. but for the the best ET use air shifter. after you try these never want to go back with out that

#19 ·
dont try to buy your way into the nines. your stock ten with nothing more than a strap and lowering links is capable of solid nines. thru the eighth your mph should be min 118 on a decent pass with quarter mph in the 150 neighborhood. practice makes perfect with you concentrating on 60 and 330 ft. markers. keep going to the track and get yourself into a staging and launch routine that you are comfortable with, and follow that same procedure with each pass. your numbers are sure to drop. Remember once you stiffen up the bike with the strap and links drop some psi in the rear tire so you dont spin. peace out

#21 ·
TX06'10r said:
How can I make 118 in the 1/8th? Im only doing 109, 110 right now. Mph of 135-136
Practice, Practice, Practice. Your 60 FT is important, but IMO the 330 FT is the most important, cause it shows how quickly you are getting to wide open throttle.

#23 ·
I weigh around 190-200. Check this out, last time I weighed my bike bone stock and it weighed, 645 with me on it with full gear. With the shorty it only weighed 620, ha. My buddy that weighs around 210 was pissed when his 06 r6 only weighed 5 whole pounds less then me and the 10, talk about awesome weight savings.

#25 ·
PuertoRicoZX10 said:
make from 4.0 sec to 4.2 in the 330 ft is the most import for 1/4 mile times

That is good advice PRZX10R!! I need to get my 330ft down to 4.1-4.2 in order to hit that damn 9 sec 1/4 mile pass i've been looking for....

#26 ·
bragg10r said:
That is good advice PRZX10R!! I need to get my 330ft down to 4.1-4.2 in order to hit that damn 9 sec 1/4 mile pass i've been looking for....
If you get your 330 FT down that low you'll be 9.5 to 9.7 range. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.