New 2009 Warning Qualifying or Race Results - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

New 2009 Warning Qualifying or Race Results

I need to make attention with WSBK and especially Spies on the circuit many do have the means and need to watch it live,quick or a Week later with their DVR etc.... and don't need a thread when browsing the HOME page that someone Starts or Bumps that Spies is the Man, Spies Kicks arse again etc. etc. etc. NO SUGGESTIVE RESULTS IN TITLES PERIOD including AMA or any Major Event.

If your not sure always cover yourself by doing a *Spoiler* tag or *Possible Spoiler* and your covered but STILL NO SUGGESTIVE RESULTS THERE:headshake.

When you mention Racer names or Suggestive Results within a 2 week period of a Race you may get depending on the severity an 'INFRACTION' FROM THIS SITE.

I gave out one this weekend for such a case but in reality I could have gave out more and even if some of you are my buds here I will give them out to anyone for tracking purposes so I remember or see the one's that Ruin it often.

Bottom line use a 2 week rule NOW...NO Names or Suggestive Results in titles and use a Spoiler TAG if in doubt.

I will use this thread to the ones that didn't read in the future and GET an infraction you have been warned by not reading this Sticky in the racing section AND if some of you post in another section I will delete and still can give an infraction for posting in the wrong section...yes it's getting that serious with some of you that need to be tracked down where you post your threads RELATED to this Subject.......not tying to be mean but I have a feeling many of you are NOT being considerate of others that want to view this site without having Threads started about races they haven't even had a chance to view on their DVR or other Internet sites........just read the Sticky's as I believe it's clear at this point what is allowed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Get em !!!

CCS/ASRA Novice 325 | WERA Novice 325 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS | 2011 ZX10R | 2019 KTM 250XC-F
GunnRunnaz.com|Gunn Runnaz on FaceBook
post #3 of 10 Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
bully

I agree with your thoughts though

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Okay, i received an infraction and I am not sure why. The title of my thread was: WSBK Valencia Superbike Results which I don't think is suggestive.

Did i accidentally post it into the wrong section? If i did then i apologize. But i did not mean to post in the wrong section. Definitely not trying to be inconsiderate of others. Trying to do the opposite actually..

The infraction says "Signature Rule Violation."

Please help me understand what i did to receive this infraction so that I can avoid them in the future.

Last edited by Vio; 04-05-2009 at 04:55 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vio View Post
Okay, i received an infraction and I am not sure why. The title of my thread was: WSBK Valencia Superbike Results which I don't think is suggestive.

Did i accidentally post it into the wrong section? If i did then i apologize. But i did not mean to post in the wrong section. Definitely not trying to be inconsiderate of others. Trying to do the opposite actually..

The infraction says "Signature Rule Violation."

Please help me understand what i did to receive this infraction so that I can avoid them in the future.
If you want to handle this in Public no problem. Read this Sticky it also says always put a *Spoiler* Tag in Race weekends and beyond to cover yourself or Anything that has a Results in the Title should especially have a *Spoiler*

As for the "Signature Rule Violation" I am asking YSR right now to give more choices as there are only a few that apply for Infraction choices but believe this is a good tool to track Chronic abusers of Rules. In the past many didn't get an option of Infraction they just got banned from the SITE for a period of time for violating a RULE or something similar. I think or hope the Infraction thing will be used mostly by ALL MODs in the future and this sticky was in place to show the warning......a shame I had to show you in the memo I sent you where the Sticky was
post #6 of 10 Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I hope that you can see that i am not trying to be argumentive or being negative, but do I want to handle it in the public so that myself and other members can understand.

I guess i misinterpreted the sticky post. As i was quite careful when naming the thread so that there would be no doubt what you were getting when you clicked to read it. A few weeks ago i was guilty of posting a spoiler in the thread title, and was told just to be more generic, as i was this time.

From now on i will use the *Spoiler* tag when posting. The reason i was still confused after reading this sticky post where you said:

"If your not sure always cover yourself by doing a *Spoiler* tag or *Possible Spoiler* and your covered but STILL NO SUGGESTIVE RESULTS THERE" &

"use a Spoiler TAG if in doubt."

I read this but still dot not understand because i did not post any results in the thread title, I was quite sure there was no spoiler in the title, and I felt the title was a good indicator as to what the contents would be\ so anyone not wanting to see results would know not to click.

Again, i am not trying to argue or make you mad or anything. I am completely aware that i screwed up a couple weeks ago by posting superpole results in a thread title, but i do not see what i did wrong to get an infraction with this post.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-05-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I hope that you can see that i am not trying to be argumentive or being negative, but do I want to handle it in the public so that myself and other members can understand.

I guess i misinterpreted the sticky post. As i was quite careful when naming the thread so that there would be no doubt what you were getting when you clicked to read it. A few weeks ago i was guilty of posting a spoiler in the thread title, and was told just to be more generic, as i was this time.

From now on i will use the *Spoiler* tag when posting. The reason i was still confused after reading this sticky post where you said:

"If your not sure always cover yourself by doing a *Spoiler* tag or *Possible Spoiler* and your covered but STILL NO SUGGESTIVE RESULTS THERE" &

"use a Spoiler TAG if in doubt."

I read this but still dot not understand because i did not post any results in the thread title, I was quite sure there was no spoiler in the title, and I felt the title was a good indicator as to what the contents would be so anyone not wanting to see results would know not to click.

Again, i am not trying to argue or make you mad or anything. I am completely aware that i screwed up a couple weeks ago by posting superpole results in a thread title, but i do not see what i did wrong to get an infraction with this post.
I would like to handle it in public as well because it may help others in the future what is expected.

First of all I will take ALL suggestions to make it clearer but I thought I covered myself in being clear with the "If in doubt" use a "Spoiler" tag.

Now, for some of you that don't go to the HOME page, Titles get cutoff(character count) so the original Author's message is not clear for many what the "WHOLE" title is about and they may click from there NOT THE RACING SECTION and MANY STAY AWAY FROM THE RACING SECTION OR THIS SITE FOR THAT MAIN REASON JUST BECAUSE THEY KNOW SOMEONE IS GOING TO BLOW THE RESULTS BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE IT LIVE IN THEIR EYES ON DVR ETC.. .......but if you just browse the home page even RACING TITLES GET POSTED THERE AND characters can be cut-off from the ORIGINAL TITLE.

Your WSKB was a good start but when I say "RESULTS" that means anything that has that WORD should START WITH THE WORD "SPOILER" so there is no doubt WHAT someone is talking about a race that hasn't even Aired yet for many.....simple now "SPOILER" FIRST in title(no Characters letters cutOFF) with the word RESULTS in the title when it relates to racing.

Now with that said your title wasn't that bad most trying to stay away should know there MIGHT be racing RESULTS even if they are just browsing the HOME page to choose what want to read......but the fact you got caught by me in the last month TWICE helps me keep track of the ones that don't care what they post because if it isn't clear after this week and a 3rd time happens from you I know I have a problem here.

bloo

PS....I also want many to remember we are not a sport fan like many that have the luxury of prime TV like the NASCAR, NBA or MARCH MADNESS...we have to wait to see it live in OUR eyes with DVRs, Internet Etc....lets be respectful.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I would like to handle it in public as well because it may help others in the future what is expected.

First of all I will take ALL suggestions to make it clearer but I thought I covered myself in being clear with the "If in doubt" use a "Spoiler" tag.

Now, for some of you that don't go to the HOME page, Titles get cutoff(character count) so the original Author's message is not clear for many what the "WHOLE" title is about and they may click from there NOT THE RACING SECTION and MANY STAY AWAY FROM THE RACING SECTION OR THIS SITE FOR THAT MAIN REASON JUST BECAUSE THEY KNOW SOMEONE IS GOING TO BLOW THE RESULTS BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE IT LIVE IN THEIR EYES ON DVR ETC.. .......but if you just browse the home page even RACING TITLES GET POSTED THERE AND characters can be cut-off from the ORIGINAL TITLE.

Your WSKB was a good start but when I say "RESULTS" that means anything that has that WORD should START WITH THE WORD "SPOILER" so there is no doubt WHAT someone is talking about a race that hasn't even Aired yet for many.....simple now "SPOILER" FIRST in title(no Characters letters cutOFF) with the word RESULTS in the title when it relates to racing.

Now with that said your title wasn't that bad most trying to stay away should know there MIGHT be racing RESULTS even if they are just browsing the HOME page to choose what want to read......but the fact you got caught by me in the last month TWICE helps me keep track of the ones that don't care what they post because if it isn't clear after this week and a 3rd time happens from you I know I have a problem here.

bloo

PS....I also want many to remember we are not a sport fan like many that have the luxury of prime TV like the NASCAR, NBA or MARCH MADNESS...we have to wait to see it live in OUR eyes with DVRs, Internet Etc....lets be respectful.
Like i said, i did mess up before by posting superpole results in the thread title. I made a mistake, admitted it, and corrected with my new thread based on the feedback i received from that thread.

I guess my confusion was based on where you said if there is doubt use a spoiler tag. Well there was no doubt in my mind that my thread title was spoiler free and indicative of the contents (which i kept as an external link as a further measure to ensure nobody saw results that they did not want to see).

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the infraction i was given, I will make sure to use the *Spoiler* tag in the future.

Last edited by Vio; 04-05-2009 at 06:43 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-05-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Like i said, i did mess up before by posting superpole results in the thread title. I made a mistake, admitted it, and corrected with my new thread based on the feedback i received from that thread.

I guess my confusion was based on where you said if there is doubt use a spoiler tag. Well there was no doubt in my mind that my thread title was spoiler free and indicative of the contents (which i kept as an external link as a further measure to ensure nobody saw results that they did not want to see).

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the infraction i was given, I will make sure to use the *Spoiler* tag in the future.
The key here is to keep a Open Mind may there be doubt in other MINDS and when dealing with humans there should always be doubt It's cool Vio just go by the Rule it's a race, I am posting...put a Spoiler tag on first.

The guys posting NWS without a NWS tags are famous for this and many get banned on this site for that reason alone, I just feel the Infraction is better for tracking purposes and yes we need to add a "rule violation" for the infraction, the Sig Infraction is not bad so will use that in the future unless I can get YSR to get us more specific reasons for Infractions.

bloo
post #10 of 10 Old 08-29-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

It's a race weekend and I hope I don't have to give out infractions......so

bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in