Nevada Track Day Ooops - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Nevada Track Day Ooops

I went and did it.

Track day, wonderful weather, everything was going great…
Coming out of a left high speed corner. Slower rider goes way wide. I slip inside. Nail the throttle. Textbook pass. He decides that he is in the wrong line and cuts to the left all of a sudden. Smack! Right into my handlebar. I lose that one. Next thing I know I’m the ground racing my own bike down the straightaway. My own bike wins that one. I loose twice in one section, I wonder if that’s a record?

One week in the hospital (3 days in a trauma unit). 5 broken ribs, punctured & collapsed lung, broken collar bone, broken Scapula.

I have no “post” pictures yet. Still screwed up pretty good. Bike looks great considering what happened. Champs no-cut sliders worked like a charm. I only lost a tad of plastic and of course the case cover. My only wish is that I had the champs mounted to me instead of the bike. Thanks Champ91 !!!

This is the same day about ½ hour prior to the boom.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris
I went and did it.

Coming out of a left high speed corner. Slower rider goes way wide. I slip inside. Nail the throttle. Textbook pass. He decides that he is in the wrong line and cuts to the left all of a sudden. Smack! Right into my handlebar. I lose that one. Next thing I know I’m the ground racing my own bike down the straightaway. My own bike wins that one. I loose twice in one section, I wonder if that’s a record?

One week in the hospital (3 days in a trauma unit). 5 broken ribs, punctured & collapsed lung, broken collar bone, broken Scapula.

I have no “post” pictures yet. Still screwed up pretty good. Bike looks great considering what happened. Champs no-cut sliders worked like a charm. I only lost a tad of plastic and of course the case cover. My only wish is that I had the champs mounted to me instead of the bike. Thanks Champ91 !!!

What?? Fenris man, You ok? This is not good news at all? You feeling ok now? Let us know if we can help any way
post #3 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Wow that sucks! I hope you heal up real soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Fenris!!!!!

Im glad that youre ok...I mean...youre hurtin...but still around to talk about it!

Sorry to hear about the off...but it goes with the territory! Glad youre ok! Heal up ASAP!

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #5 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 09:36 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Glad your Ok Fen! anything we can do to help we'll be here!
post #6 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
That sucks Fen. Heal up quick

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
post #7 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 10:05 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 05ZixxR
quick heal bro...glad the bike is decent 2.

full ahead hard and fast....
post #8 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris
I went and did it.

If he went wide exiting a left hander and changed direction he would have cut right- no?

A newbie's bonehead move took me out last June during a cool down lap.

Heal up brother!

WSMC #644
post #9 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

hey you needed some time off work anyhow right? j/k this is a commin issue at the track it can happen to any one or already has. at least your still around. but honestly did you think you were going to out drag your bike maybe if you were on a gsxr you could of atleast pulled ahead. lol

hopes for ya speedy recovery

ONE LITER GSXR EATER
post #10 of 25 Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

What track in NV were you riding? Hope you heal up soon. Sorry to hear about someone elses mistake taking you out.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in