my first trackday"awesome" - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

my first trackday"awesome"

hi guys,I had my first trackday last weekend and I was so anxious to see how it's like compared to the road.I think that for the next year my bike will be a track bike only because now being on the road is kinda boring when you see how amazing it is on track.at first it's adaptation(I made a few mistakes because a 1000cc is so brutal)but then in the afternoon I felt like Valentino!!no, not really but I was quik enough to have a blast.the only thing I noticed on my 06 zx10 is braking, my bike is mostly stock but when Iwas braking hard the brake lever was like mashmellow .another zx10 rider told me to change my calipers for an 07 cbr1000rr and change my brake lines for SS lines .do anybody have changed their calipers for cbr 1000rr ones??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome to crack days.

Say Hi to your sponsors: Visa and Mastercard.

Do a search on brakes... swapping oem lines for SS lines and oem MC for

a radial or Brembo is all good.

Mounting ZX14 calipers (direct bolt-on) is also popular.

'06 green ZX-10R Race / '05 orangina ZX-10R track

Wera West Expert #95
post #3 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Posting Frequency

Brakes are a common problem on the 06/07. Before changing out anything, search for the "06 secret to bleeding brakes" thread. Basically, if you take your calipers off and push in the pistons you will release some trapped air (poor caliper design) and the lever will firm up. Really no need to spend $$$ on brembo MC and/or calipers until you try the bleeding trick. At the most get some SS lines and good aftermarket pads for now.

Oh, and flush your old fluid with new, good quality fluid when you do the bleeding trick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

^^^

Nothing will "fix" the brake problem on the 10 as far as track duty is concerned. That is, unless you switch to a brembo or other quality aftermarket m/c.

Since it does see street duty occasionally I tried to stay oem appearing with an '05 6R radial m/c, ss lines, and vesrah pads instead of switching to the brembo. And I still have to bleed the brakes after 1 or 2 sessions at the track depending on the temps.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
Glad you had fun. The track is awesome
post #6 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

any big difference with the zx-14 calipers??does it worth to pay $$.
for sure next year my visa will have to take some of my spendings.
if I just take my bike out of the road I will save with licence in Quebec,Canada in 2009 we will pay up to 1040$ for license for only 6 months(during winter we are not riding) .1040$= more trackdays!!
post #7 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 PM

Posting Frequency

Welcome to the "CRACK" club This might get expensive. Congratulations on Popping Your cherry.

post #8 of 14 Old 06-29-2008, 09:59 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by phastone View Post
^^^

Nothing will "fix" the brake problem on the 10 as far as track duty is concerned. That is, unless you switch to a brembo or other quality aftermarket m/c.

Since it does see street duty occasionally I tried to stay oem appearing with an '05 6R radial m/c, ss lines, and vesrah pads instead of switching to the brembo. And I still have to bleed the brakes after 1 or 2 sessions at the track depending on the temps.
That sucks. Not doubting you, but I'm curious as to what about the brembo MC is so special to not be affected by the brake fluid temp? I mean, its a fairly simple hydraulic device, and I know the cylinder has more area and therefore leverage to compress the fluid, but is it essentially masking the fade problem by not letting it become as noticeable as your temps increase?
post #9 of 14 Old 07-03-2008, 04:02 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Track=Crack! hope your wallets ready cuz mine wasnt and now i live off ramen noodles just to keep up my racing addiction..............yes it is an addiction! they tried to make me go to rehab but i said NO NO NO!!!
post #10 of 14 Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I already started eating more noodle!!I'm getting ready.and I 'm trying to convince my buddies too to get addicted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in