My 1st Gen vs. ZX12R - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 04-26-2012, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My 1st Gen vs. ZX12R

So I went out last night and I guy I knew was out on his 12R. He said he's heard about the 1st gen 10r's but has never raced one so we agreed to run. We hit the highway and another GXSR 1000 joined in so we all lined up for a 50 roll. I got a little too happy with the throttle and it came up a bit so I had to ease it down and get back into it. He gained about a bike length at that point so I knew I had to gain some ground. I just tucked and ran through all the gears and was able to pull a couple bikes on him. The GSXR missed a gear or something and was way back. We lined up again and I was able to keep the wheel down and pulled 3-4 bikes he said.

We stopped and BS'd for a little bit. He just bought the bike and it had a full exhaust, lowered, shinko rear tire. He said the previous owner had a some reciepts for cams and headwork but he hasn't verified it yet. He wants to get it tuned and see what kind of power he's making and run again.

My bike has Akra Full, BMC filter, PC3, quickshifter and -1 front sprocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice job showing them what the 10 is about.

08 race cam(108/103), 08 retainers, polished exhaust ports, milled head(.010), .45HG, short velocity stacks, removed sec, bmc filter, full Akra Evo cut 5in, pc3., ign module w/rev xtend to 13,500., Lots of 520 sprckts, vortex rearsets (gp shift), pazzo levers, galfer lines, ZX14 calipers, shorai batt, carbon frnt fender, gpr, puig screen, gilles chain adjs., 1/5 throttle, Kleen air mod, Braking rotors, O.Z. wheels, 403lbs full fuel
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildb302/videos
post #3 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 02:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Doubt it no video never happened hahahahahha liar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 03:30 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Get em! Ole outdated bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #5 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

The 12R will not take the 10R. :headshake
I've run one before and killed him.
post #6 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

12r big old heavy bikes
post #7 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapson02 View Post
Doubt it no video never happened hahahahahha liar
Sorry, I'll try to get someone to record it in 240p next time.

Videos are only needed to verify a race if the OP is a bullshitter and liar. Unlike you, I don't have that problem.

No need to hate on the 12R though, it did a good job on shutting Busa owners up until they passed the torch to 10R riders. They're old and dated but still a nice bike with plenty of power.
post #8 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not all 12Rs are old dated and heavy... Mine in particular will weigh in at 420 wet when I finish up with it.. Of course it's not the average 12R either. The average and in fact most 12Rs will NOT beat a 10R if the 10R has been kept in good condition ... Bike for bike and equal riders the 10 will win every time. The main reason I bought a 10R in the first place. However I always wondered how the 12 would run if it was as light as the 10R so I decided to find out and started this project that I'm finishing up on soon.. Both bikes make about the same power with equal mods but the light weight of the 10 wins every time in a race between the two. The 12 does have more torque so getting her light weight as the the 10 should produce a faster bike.. On paper anyway... I've owned both and the 12 is still the best looking bike Kawasaki ever made in my opinion. Soon we'll all know what taking all that weight off produced.

Also keep in mind that greater than 80% of the bikes out there aren't kept in top condition or top tune. Most are actually so bad that they are actually dangerous to ride .. I turned a 10R away from my shop just yesterday wanting some work done because it was in such bad condition. It wouldn't run and from the condition of the rest of it I was doing the owner a favor by not repairing it! Either way the only way O would attach my name to working on it was a complete tear down and total inspection and re assembly! He didn't see things my way so I helped him back onto his trailer.. My wife was in shock at the condition of that bike and even more in shock when I told her that 80% of the sportbikes rolling are that bad or worse because most punks have no clue how to maintain their equipment! Making it very easy to beat them in a race. Seldom if ever have I ran across other bikes that are as well maintained as I keep mine and her's. Kinda sad really to see nice equipment so neglected for no reason other than someone being too lazy to keep their shit clean and adjusted properly.

Last edited by Gunner; 04-29-2012 at 08:09 PM.
post #9 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Good job bun1t I know the 12 is fast!

Its green and it says Kawasaki ninja zx10r on it!
post #10 of 42 Old 04-29-2012, 09:06 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn gunner! Where the hell are you from? I can't believe you come across such poor bikes so often. Maybe i just don't associate with such slackers, or dumb asses, but that is a little depressing to hear. Lol.

08 race cam(108/103), 08 retainers, polished exhaust ports, milled head(.010), .45HG, short velocity stacks, removed sec, bmc filter, full Akra Evo cut 5in, pc3., ign module w/rev xtend to 13,500., Lots of 520 sprckts, vortex rearsets (gp shift), pazzo levers, galfer lines, ZX14 calipers, shorai batt, carbon frnt fender, gpr, puig screen, gilles chain adjs., 1/5 throttle, Kleen air mod, Braking rotors, O.Z. wheels, 403lbs full fuel
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildb302/videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in