**SPOILER** MotoGp - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 07-23-2013, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

MotoGp

I marked this as a spoiler because I would hate to get into trouble by telling everyone that Rossi is DONE! He got his pants pulled down and his ass paddled in front of the whole world Sunday. All that kid forgot to do is flip him off on the way past.. This after Rossi took him all the way to the gravel trying to hang onto his career which the kid took with him on the way past.. I HATE Honda with a passion but that 20 year old kid can't be beat and won't be beat for many years to come. Rossi can barely finish ahead of his injured team mate and came in 3rd to a support team that's a disgrace I would have fired him yesterday, paid his money and gave his bike to Crutchlow he wants to win races and isn't afraid and he's hungry to make a name for himself. Rossi is afraid and has been afraid ever since he ran over Sick during the events that led to his death. I hate to say this but Rossi has lost his edge it's time he turns in his wings and stop wasting Yamaha's money. 1/2 a season is long enough to figure out the systems for a professional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

We must be watching a different series...

I'd hardly call anyone who has several podiums, including a victory, 'done'.

As for Marquez. He's a special case. He's going to put Pedrosa in his place. If he hasn't done so already...

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."
post #3 of 18 Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Guy wins a race at the highest level just a couple weeks ago and hes done? Past his prime, yes. Still better than 70% of the guys in Moto GP, yes. Done, no.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 07-23-2013, 04:24 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

He's still awesome but there is something missing. He just doesn't seem as hungry these days. Plus he has been there done that and no longer has anything to prove. He's a still a massive draw card and moto gp still needs him.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 18 Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Dude is a legend. Got passed and gracefully laughed about the pass and congratulated Marquez. What did Stoner do in 08? Cry, and not shake Rossi's hand.

9 time champ bro. Lets not forget that fact.

That's 3 more titles than stoner and Lorenzo. Just counting premier class.

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
Former bikes: 07 R1/08 10R/10 S1000rr/11 10R
post #6 of 18 Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Don't get me wrong go back to the first race and read my post. I'm a HUGE Rossi fan but he's not anywhere near what he once was and hasn't been. I thought after coming from 7th to 2nd in the first race after nearly crashing out was a great sign he was back but he's not coming back. Winning races in the rain etc don't count much in my book since many times those are fluke wins by non competitive riders and drivers. His team mate regularly finishes and qualifies in front of him which is what he wanted and why he wanted Rossi back there to prove to the world he is better and he is. I don't care for his team mate either but he's better.

Marques is a special case as was Rossi at one time and like all good things they come to an end. Marques will win the title this year the rest are racing for second without doubt. Rossi is racing for 4th mark this down that's where he will finish unless Crutchlow takes 4 and then he's 5th... 30 million a year for 5th in the points is a waste of money. He's no longer willing to put himself at risk he has those voices inside his helmet saying " You're going to die just like Sick did" and he can't shake them.. He's a legend that I don't want to see stay out there too long and either get killed trying to hang onto Marques or worse yet become a joke because he can't beat support team riders on much lesser equipment. It happens to every great one the time comes and it's time for Rossi to go spend that money he has stacked up and party for a few years while he's still a rock star. I HATE IT more than most because I see another Honda Dynasty on the rise and I HATE HONDA! with a passion because they buy the world with unchallenged wealth. Probably why I love Kawasaki so much because they do more with less than anyone else ever has. Only Suzuki has less to work with and they have dominated AMA superbike until this last deal from Graves and Yamaha which by the way Yamaha has almost as much wealth as Honda or at least they are willing to spend as much chasing championships.

Last edited by Gunner; 07-24-2013 at 02:53 PM.
post #7 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Consistency, that's all i'm going to say. rossi has nothing to prove, hes a multiple world champ. After his stint with ducati, most would have quit.
post #8 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_sti View Post
Consistency, that's all i'm going to say. rossi has nothing to prove, hes a multiple world champ. After his stint with ducati, most would have quit.
Yeah and Nicky IS. Must be a hard headed stubburn bunch at Ducati.

post #9 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Rossi is a Rock Star in Europe. He is worth the price just for the merchandise and crazy number of fans he brings to the sport and tracks on race days.
post #10 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Yeah and Nicky IS. Must be a hard headed stubburn bunch at Ducati.
Funny right. Blew off Stoner, and Rossi. Said Stoners issue was with his head. WTF?

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
Former bikes: 07 R1/08 10R/10 S1000rr/11 10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in