Mladins Fontana test. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Mladins Fontana test.

Mat showed up for 4 laps, places himself in 3rd and said "Yup, the bike is good" , punks DMGs rule changes and flys back to Oz....

"Realistically, when you can just go out there and do a lap and really get down to the sort of lap times that we can, that goes to show that there’s a lot of potential,” Mladin, riding with the number '7' and wearing a Joe Rocket helmet, said. He then added that the Superstock-like rules may not slow down the Suzukis, which have won the past 46 Superbike races. “I’m not sure if the answer to the their problem that they’ve been trying to figure out for so long as to how to stop Suzuki is to go about it the way that they’re doing it.”

2010 BMW S1000RR- 2008 CBR1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I wish I had Rockstar status at my job

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
I wish I had Rockstar status at my job
You do. Your just too afraid to use it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 2000750

Awesome...I'm curious to see how the season's drama unfolds. I'm sure I'll get a kick out of Matt every weekend.

:thumbup

post #5 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000750 View Post

Awesome...I'm curious to see how the season's drama unfolds. I'm sure I'll get a kick out of Matt every weekend.

:thumbup
Me too. Mladin was always good for a laugh if anything. Now with DMG, he'll be sure to kick dirt around as much as he can.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do

Posting Frequency

the only reason he did 4laps was because he was sick, just wait until he's 100% again.Tommy Hayden Fastest As Rockstar Makita Suzuki Ends Test Early At Auto Club Speedway
Feb 03, 2009, By David Swarts, ©Copyright 2009, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send them a link or post a link to this page.)

Tommy Hayden was the fastest rider Tuesday during an AMA teams test at Auto Club Speedway, in Fontana, California.

Riding his much-in-development 2009-model Rockstar Makita Suzuki GSX-R1000, Hayden lapped the 2.3-mile, 21-turn infield road course in 1:24.3, which he said was the fastest he’s ever gone around the track.

“I’d say it’s been pretty good, really,” said Hayden, who qualified fifth for last year's AMA Superbike race at Auto Club Speedway with a 1:24.507. “I enjoyed riding the bike. It felt good to get out there and ride some, and things have been going pretty smooth, no major problems. We’ve been following the plan we had for the test and rolling through stuff. We’ve pretty much knocked it all out, got some good information, everything was pretty clear on what was better and what was worse. It felt pretty good.”

Hayden, like his teammates Mat Mladin and Blake Young, spent a lot of time evaluating suspension components that fit within the rules of the new American Superbike class.

“With the homologation and all that stuff we needed to figure out what we are going to use more than anything,” said Hayden. “We have a few different options with Showa, and we tried some Öhlins stuff. That took some time swapping that stuff around.”

Overall, Hayden said he really liked the new GSX-R1000 much more than the previous version.

“It’s a lot different, but I like it,” said Hayden. “Obviously, just by looking at it you can tell it’s more compact, a little smaller cockpit. It fits me a lot better. I feel more comfortable on the bike. I think that’s good news for me. Straight away, I was happy and comfortable with it. I just hope the year goes this smooth.”

Second-fastest unofficially was Neil Hodgson on his Corona Extra Honda CBR1000RR with a 1:25.0, while Mladin was third-quickest with a 1:25.3. Mladin said he wasn’t feeling well and did only a handful of laps. Ben Bostrom (who was also feeling ill) was next in the order with a 1:25.64 on his factory Yamaha YZF-R1. Foremost Pegram Ducati’s Larry Pegram, riding his new 2008-spec Ducati 1098R, was just 0.04 second slower than Bostrom and 0.1 faster than Young’s 1:25.78. Bostrom’s teammate Josh Hayes (another rider who was feeling ill) did a 1:26.5 on his YZF-R1.

Daytona Sportbike riders were led by AMA Formula Xtreme Champion Jake Zemke, who has now officially signed to ride for Erion Honda in 2009, according to team owner Kevin Erion. Zemke’s 1:29.3 on his 2009 CBR600RR was just better than the 1:29.4 of two-time AMA Supersport Champion Jamie Hacking, who was riding his Monster Attack Kawasaki ZX-6R for the first time ever.

The times turned by the Daytona SportBike testers Tuesday were well off the qualifying and race pace of the 2008 Supersport field at Auto Club Speedway. Last year, Graves Yamaha's Josh Herrin set pole position with a time of 1:25.475 and turned the fastest lap in the race at 1:26.406.

Most teams will continue testing tomorrow, except for Rockstar Makita Suzuki, which started its test on Monday and packed up and left Auto Club Speedway Tuesday evening.

Unofficial Best Lap Times (as reported by each rider’s team):

1. Tommy Hayden (Suz GSX-R1000), American Superbike, 1:24.3
2. Neil Hodgson (Hon CBR1000RR), American Superbike, 1:25.0
3. Mat Mladin (Suz GSX-R1000), American Superbike, 1:25.3
4. Ben Bostrom (Yam YZF-R1), American Superbike, 1:25.64
5. Larry Pegram (Duc 1098R), American Superbike, 1:25.68
6. Blake Young (Suz GSX-R1000), American Superbike, 1:25.78
7. Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R1), American Superbike, 1:26.5
8. Jake Zemke (Hon CBR600RR), Daytona SportBike, 1:29.3
9. Jamie Hacking (Kaw ZX-6R), Daytona SportBike, 1:29.4
10. Josh Herrin (Yam YZF-R6), Daytona SportBike, 1:29.7
11. Tommy Aquino (Yam YZF-R6), Daytona SportBike, 1:29.9
12. Chris Peris (Hon CBR600RR), Daytona SportBike, 1:30.2
13. Roger Hayden (Kaw ZX-6R), Daytona SportBike, 1:31.7
14. Tyler Odom (Hon CBR600RR), SuperSport, no time reported

Rape is no laughing matter.
Unless you're raping a clown.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Me too. Mladin was always good for a laugh if anything. Now with DMG, he'll be sure to kick dirt around as much as he can.

I know everybody thinks he's a asshole, and he probably is, but if I was half as fast as him, I would be twice as big of a ass, hell if you are good why not flaunt it, not everybody can be the good guy all the time. He's a fricking motorcycle racer for christ sakes.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #8 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I know everybody thinks he's a asshole, and he probably is, but if I was half as fast as him, I would be twice as big of a ass, hell if you are good why not flaunt it, not everybody can be the good guy all the time. He's a fricking motorcycle racer for christ sakes.

You dont have to defend your love for the guy.
Mladin and hes squad are the hardest working team in the paddock. He is there to win titles for his employer. Nothing more. He hates to loose more than he likes to win . The guy is a machine, and has proven himself time and time again. I have a TON of respect for the man as well as his work ethic..
I look forward to seeing him kick the crap out of the Ghey ass Yamaha squad of Bboz and shit talking Josh Hayes on the new bad ass R1..
I cant wait til gaytona !

post #9 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer98 View Post
You dont have to defend your love for the guy.
Mladin and hes squad are the hardest working team in the paddock. He is there to win titles for his employer. Nothing more. He hates to loose more than he likes to win . The guy is a machine, and has proven himself time and time again. I have a TON of respect for the man as well as his work ethic..
I look forward to seeing him kick the crap out of the Ghey ass Yamaha squad of Bboz and shit talking Josh Hayes on the new bad ass R1..
I cant wait til gaytona !
Well, I hate to admit it, I do have gixxersquid root's, (long removed)I had a 1K1, nothing could touch it, had the Mladin AGV rep lid too
But, I have never really understood what everybodies problem was with the guy, I just wish he would ride a 10R,

My gixxer roots, sad I know................it was cool in 01

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Last edited by 9R to 10R; 02-04-2009 at 10:06 PM.
post #10 of 15 Old 02-05-2009, 08:41 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Man, I can't bash Sukz. They my a bad motor scooter!

On the Fast Orange One. Marvics Silverstone Gold Mag (lighter than Marshs), Full Akra Ti Hex, 14 Cals, PC3 with a bad ass map, Scotts, Pazzos, hell about 7k in aftermarket parts fast. So now you know I'm Floyd Money Mayweather fast!! Kanye taking the mic from Taylor Swift fast!! haha Just damn fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in