mind and body prep - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
mind and body prep

K folks....
Finally have time to do my first race...I would love some tips on prepping this ole trucker body and brain so that i can be ready for my first rould of some local raceing..
Being a trucker im a about cruiseing and fuel milage an so on but at a track with 15 laps at a time im need some help...Any sugestions to make me a lil more aggressive and change my way of thinkin...Again this will be my first race....I dome a cpl track schools and some track days but now its more serious than foolin around..Bike is all prepped but now its the riders turn..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Pedal power. At least ten miles and at least twice a week. Some cross training helps too along with core strengthening. Im no expert, I just know what helps me. Guys like "Fireman" and "Mr Flipflops" are the guys that really know. Best of luck and keep us posted. You racin at Schubie?

post #3 of 10 Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ZX10BURNER
If you haven't already register on http://www.wera.com check out the BBS, post your question and you'll more opinions/advice than you can handle.

It's Not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10BURNER View Post
If you haven't already register on http://www.wera.com check out the BBS, post your question and you'll more opinions/advice than you can handle.
Point well made. No shortage of advice there.

post #5 of 10 Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
Or10r.yeap doin shubie..
I have a pedal bike but being a long haul trucker it just not eady to get much carido time in especially on the road..
Is it worth joining wera seeing im only doin 2-3 roundd at one track in eastern canada only?
Im only doin this for fun and not to be competition..
Tell ya one thing,wish i had done this in my 20's instead of startin it at 48..
Im huffin n puffin after a 15-20 minute session so no doubt im not in shape buti wouldnt mind some tip so i i can be mentally more in tune..Been told to wear ear plugs to drown out some of the external ditractions...

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

I started racing bikes this year but not new to racing. As far as working out I will make it simple as there are many different ways to train. The 2 most effective things I've ton are yoga and kettle bell swings. Yoga is great and it does work on the body and mind. It'll be good practise as at some point during yoga your body with be struggling to coup with something and you'll have to maintain composure. I'll also improve flexible which is a double plus in that it'll help moving around on the bike and help decrease the chance of injury in a crash. Also if you go to a yoga studio there's hot chicks everywhere and that's just a plus. There are many different types of yoga pick whatever you like. focus more on strength.

Another things that nice about yoga is you sort of grow into it and it gets progressive hard with your ability. Kettle bell swings are probably my favourite strength excerise as I'm generally pretty lazy and they offer the most return with little time. It's almost a total body workout but more important covers the majority of the muscle groups use in road racing.

Now as far as your Mind is concerned I will just offer what works for me as again to each there own. I am fairly unorthodox as I generally practise harder than I race. I had a bunch of people in the being saying why do you do that "its just practise you don't win practise", to which I reply exactly "you don't lose either". It's better to understand what you and your bike are capable of and risk crashing to learn something with nothing on the line then to try a risky maneuver in a race and lose many positions, points, or a DNF which is the worst. Also it makes racing safer if everybody did only what they knew would work.

In a race your lap time are determined by how much strength/endurance you have by how many laps there are. Consistency is king. It doesn't matter if you have the fastest lap at the track if you can keep it there. A faster pace is much much more demanding than a slower one. It also gets exponentially hard as the times drop as it's more demanding. Always plan on finishing a race and being consistent don't search for a specific lap time or place it will slow down your progression.

post #7 of 10 Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Practice harder than you fight...the the fight doesn't feel like a fight but more like a Sunday stroll I had an old CO tell me that while we were standing in the gas chamber, Marine Corps does have some of the best one liners.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-30-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well this weekend was a bust...I only have slicks(small almost exhausted budget)and most of the weekend was rain(no budget for rain tires)....Didnt matter anyways cause the boots i ordered from alberta canada most likely are water logged or miles and miles down some water way...Calgary ab was flooded about the time i ordered them so no chance on my boots maken it on my feet..Had a wicket deal on some of the sidi vortice comming,didnt make it..damn my bad luck...I was so revved up to do my 1st race too..

post #9 of 10 Old 07-01-2013, 03:36 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_sez View Post
Well this weekend was a bust...I only have slicks(small almost exhausted budget)and most of the weekend was rain(no budget for rain tires)....Didnt matter anyways cause the boots i ordered from alberta canada most likely are water logged or miles and miles down some water way...Calgary ab was flooded about the time i ordered them so no chance on my boots maken it on my feet..Had a wicket deal on some of the sidi vortice comming,didnt make it..damn my bad luck...I was so revved up to do my 1st race too..
Just wasnt meant to be this weekend for whatever reason. Now you have some more time to train.

post #10 of 10 Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
The weekend of the 18 is next round....lost 5lbs last week and was sooo excited but my mom came from newfoundland to visit and guess whst...go ahead....guess.....lol found them damn 5 lbs...moms cookin is so freakin hard to resist...Guess its water/whey protien/vitamines/ sslad diet..lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in