MIC announces USSB racing series. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Exclamation MIC announces USSB racing series.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=34127

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hope they can make it work .
post #3 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Actually, I hope that one or the other of the DMG or this series promptly fail. There is not room in the USA for two competing series. This is CART and IRL all over again. They say it isn't ... but it is.

There are companion articles on RRW suggesting that the MIC has a history of less than perfect communication with the media, and other recent articles from racetrack owners indicating that they've heard nothing ... although I wouldn't count on that being true; they may have been under obligation to say nothing until this announcement came about.

What's the schedule going to be? as of now, nothing.

Who's going to broadcast it? SPEED has the rights to DMG (and is pretty much in bed with NASCAR and their cronies, which includes DMG). Will they sign on to show a competing series? Will they find TV rights elsewhere? I certainly wouldn't exclude that possibility.

Yamaha have stated in the past that they are on board with DMG - but they are the only ones to have said that. Will we have the DMG "Yamaha Cup" and the MIC with everyone else? What about privateers? What if the other manufacturers don't offer bikes to DMG to homologate?

The recent attitude of Honda and Suzuki (flip-flopping in their demands to whatever DMG offers to do) suggest that they are not going to co-operate with ANYTHING that DMG does.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Actually, I hope that one or the other of the DMG or this series promptly fail. There is not room in the USA for two competing series. This is CART and IRL all over again. They say it isn't ... but it is.

There are companion articles on RRW suggesting that the MIC has a history of less than perfect communication with the media, and other recent articles from racetrack owners indicating that they've heard nothing ... although I wouldn't count on that being true; they may have been under obligation to say nothing until this announcement came about.

What's the schedule going to be? as of now, nothing.

Who's going to broadcast it? SPEED has the rights to DMG (and is pretty much in bed with NASCAR and their cronies, which includes DMG). Will they sign on to show a competing series? Will they find TV rights elsewhere? I certainly wouldn't exclude that possibility.

Yamaha have stated in the past that they are on board with DMG - but they are the only ones to have said that. Will we have the DMG "Yamaha Cup" and the MIC with everyone else? What about privateers? What if the other manufacturers don't offer bikes to DMG to homologate?

The recent attitude of Honda and Suzuki (flip-flopping in their demands to whatever DMG offers to do) suggest that they are not going to co-operate with ANYTHING that DMG does.
Very Good Points GoFaster, this is getting real ugly. I like the point about the TV rights, that would put the DMG in the driver seat with Speed and an Advantage for the DMG to survive.

As far as the MIC/USSB getting TV rights elsewhere, maybe but with what exposure(even MotoGP only goes National a Few times a year on TV) and how do they sell that to a New Station? I mean do you hide the fact that Suzuki always wins but it's fun to Watch...please please Fox or whatever it would be worth your while to only Televise the USSB :headshake

Well, time cures everything and we shall see said the blind man. I am at this point more interested on what Teams commit where like the MJ team for example.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

in a perfect world the USSB would do great and offer great racing and parody among riders and machines, and that the DMG would fail and all the big wigs involved would loose their jobs for trying to restrain motorcycle racing in America. without support in America for the young fast guys to saddle up on a "world class" superbike they will never be able to advance to WSBK and forget about moto gp. it would be like a nascar driver trying to move to formula 1-not ever going to happen

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #6 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriordan View Post
in a perfect world the USSB would do great and offer great racing and parody among riders and machines, and that the DMG would fail and all the big wigs involved would loose their jobs for trying to restrain motorcycle racing in America. without support in America for the young fast guys to saddle up on a "world class" superbike they will never be able to advance to WSBK and forget about moto gp. it would be like a nascar driver trying to move to formula 1-not ever going to happen
Maybe you should Re-Read the Article again, they(USSB) don't want "parody among riders and machines but Innovation and Unrestricted teams to race. The DMG seems to want what you said "Great Racing, parody among riders and machines" 2 totally different agendas IMO.....but sounds like your rooting for the wrong side if that's what you want.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

The way I read this situation, the USSB wants to give the manufacturers their own little sandbox to play in. And that's only happening because the manufacturers didn't want to play in DMG's sandbox because they didn't set the rules. I totally understand the manufacturers losing faith in DMG because of the big mis-step that DMG made at the outset (the proposal to make 600's the previous class and abandon the previously-agreed-upon 2009 rules).

There has been a problem in the AMA series with small grids. Splitting the series in two does not help this.

Certain AMA riders (*cough* Mladin, Duhamel) complain about back markers. Well, guess what, splitting the series in two AND setting the technological bar so high that privateers have no hope of competing with the factory teams is NOT the way to solve this. If you exclude the privateers (e.g. by not allowing them access to parts that make a "superbike" what it is) you will end up with races having 4 - 6 riders in them. What good is THAT.

What's needed is ONE series. Whichever one it is at this point, does not really matter. But, both sides have dug in their heels. DMG has long term TV contracts (and Yamaha). The USSB ... remains to be seen.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #8 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Maybe you should Re-Read the Article again, they(USSB) don't want "parody among riders and machines but Innovation and Unrestricted teams to race. The DMG seems to want what you said "Great Racing, parody among riders and machines" 2 totally different agendas IMO.....but sounds like your rooting for the wrong side if that's what you want.
MotoGP racing appears to have great parity (bike performance), so I am inclined to disagree with your statement. We all know that the current AMA superbikes have less to do with the Suzuki era than do the riders. In the past, one or two good years (read championships) and the rider moved on to WSB or GP. Mladin and Spies need to move on...if you keep superstars in a national series, this will always happen.

I do agree 2 series will not be good, but just do not understand what DMG hopes to accomplish with removing the manufactures, both bike and after market.

Regards,

BT

CAUTION! Please engage brain before operating mouth.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler View Post
MotoGP racing appears to have great parity (bike performance), so I am inclined to disagree with your statement. We all know that the current AMA superbikes have less to do with the Suzuki era than do the riders. In the past, one or two good years (read championships) and the rider moved on to WSB or GP. Mladin and Spies need to move on...if you keep superstars in a national series, this will always happen.

I do agree 2 series will not be good, but just do not understand what DMG hopes to accomplish with removing the manufactures, both bike and after market.

Regards,
I never made a Statement about MotoGP just said it doesn't even get much National exposure so it implies why would the USSB think it can get TV rights from the start with no history and most likely the same Rules and Regs that wasn't enforced properly in recent years anyway.

And as far as the Riders the DMGs main thing is the opposite to what you said "We all know that the current AMA superbikes have less to do with the Suzuki era than do the riders"....the DMG came right out and said it, WE DON'T KNOW IF IT'S THE RIDER BECAUSE OF THE RULES OR LACK OF BUT WILL LIKE TO KNOW.

The fact that everyone on this Forum seems to go 50/50 one way or another shows there is a Major Problem for all of us and the Racing in the US next year.

bloo
post #10 of 13 Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

gotta agree with blued.....this is a bad idea all around. DMG gave into the big 4 each time they asked for a different rules package. now they decide they want their own series....and I couldn't hope that they fail enough....just for being stupid and arrogant....DMG will have the best shot at success, IMHO, because Speed.....

If you're not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in