Massive changes for AMA Racing next year!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Massive changes for AMA Racing next year!!

2008 may be the last year for AMA Supersport..and the Superbike series might be run with 600s. These Nascar folk have some crazy ideas up their sleeves.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Apr/080415x.htm

Suzuki's Mel Harris interview: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Apr/080415-brea.htm

Last edited by Andy; 04-16-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM

Posting Frequency

Yeah, gonna be a bit different....
post #3 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 08:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

:headshake I knew those dumbfucks would ruin it. Nascar is the most boring, pitiful excuse for racing there is and the only reason it is successful is because there are a huge number of redneck retards in this country who can relate to the mostly redneck teams/drivers and they can cheer on the family sedan even though the "race cars" have nothing in common with them.

For the most part, sportbike riders/racers are different from the typical nascar fan and I don't want the racing we see determined by people who care about nothing but making money even if it means the racing suffers and/or becomes boring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Posting Frequency

looks like my fear of nascar are going to be true. no 1000 cc superbike. they havn't said yes or no, but why even think about it.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #5 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by phastone View Post
:headshake I knew those dumbfucks would ruin it. Nascar is the most boring, pitiful excuse for racing there is and the only reason it is successful is because there are a huge number of redneck retards in this country who can relate to the mostly redneck teams/drivers and they can cheer on the family sedan even though the "race cars" have nothing in common with them.

For the most part, sportbike riders/racers are different from the typical nascar fan and I don't want the racing we see determined by people who care about nothing but making money even if it means the racing suffers and/or becomes boring.
I wanted to not think that but this news makes it very difficult.

I think the key is that the Nascar guys, according to Mel Harris want the emphasis put on the rider instead of the manufacture. But many of the fans get into motorcycle racing because the particular motorcycle that they have in their garage is represented on the track unlike Nascar's multi-million dollar machines that simply have shells put on them to make them look like a Taurus or Monte Carlo.

It's ironic that the Supersport and Superstock class most resembles what we, the common man can ride at our local track and that is the two classes they plan on eliminating.
post #6 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

Next its going to be all the bikes are the same shape, same motor, same tires. That is gay- because motorcycles are sold based on their performance on the track, motorcycles are made better because of the race track, and people watch motorcycle racing because they want to see how the race version of their bike performs. If anything Moto Gp is rider over manufacturer more so than AMA.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #7 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Being 49 years old I have been around the racing scene for quite a while. Back in the early 90's Roger Edmondson (one of your Nascar dumb fucks) created the AMA CCS series for profit. It was an incredible series. Then the AMA later tried to steal if from him and then fired him to steal his series.

Roger Edmondson while waiting for a trial for damages started his own series called the North American Superbike Series. He convinced the powers that be at 6 of the AMA's race events, such as Mid Ohio, Elkhart Lake and others to cancel the AMA events and goes with his.

It almost worked but the Jap big 4 got scared and decided to stay with the AMA after stating they were going to go with Edmondson's show.

So the North American Superbike Series almost happened but didn't.

Edmondson later prevailed in court against the AMA and was awarded millions in compensation for the AMA stealing his CCS series.

This Roger Edmondson guy isn't just some Nascar dumb fuck. He may be the most experienced in the country to operate a motorcycle race series.

I am going to give him a chance. I can assure you Roger Edmondson is no NASCAR guy dumbfuck, and he has the millions to prove it.

The first thing the AMA did when they announced the sale of the series promotions, were to apologize publicly to Roger Edmondson for what happened in the past. I bet he enjoyed that.

JJ
post #8 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

^^^Lots of nascrap guys have millions of dollars. They're still dumbfucks and if they get their way AMA racing will be ruined also.

And I don't care how old you are, either. I'm 34 and I was into the "racing scene" in the early 90's also.
post #9 of 56 Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
^^^Lots of nascrap guys have millions of dollars. They're still dumbfucks and if they get their way AMA racing will be ruined also.

And I don't care how old you are, either. I'm 34 and I was into the "racing scene" in the early 90's also.
You missed the point entirely. Roger Edmondson is not a Nascar dumbfuck and that was the purpose of the post. Most people would have little knowledge of Roger Edmondson's history. I am old enough to have been around back then.

You would have been what then, 16?

JJ
post #10 of 56 Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

The Matt and Ben show isn't boring? I think so. We have boredom now in the series. Sales are higher for 600cc so why not have a 600 Superbike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in