Gen 1: 2004-2005 Lowering Links - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Lowering Links

Need opinions on lowering links. Im in the process of stretchin out my Gen 1. Im gonna go approx. 6" over. Ride it daily on the street everywhere, but Im a weekend drag racer and want to really drop my times. I sorta have an idea as far as lowering it is going to go. Im gonna drop it 10mm in the forks and a little bit in the rear and just strap the shit outta the front to get it low at the strip and then use links to get the rear the rest of the way.

What I want to know is what everyone thinks about different brands/styles of links. Personally, Im heavily leaning towards Soupys. I know they are slightly overkill, but it was so I could drop the height when I got to the strip, but keep it raised up when Im street riding. Thoughts?

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Last edited by -Op-; 02-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

you could just pick up set of 3 hole lowering links and put the bolt in the 2nd hole which is only a 2 inch drop and still be plenty streetable.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

^true too. I just liked the idea of being able to adjust completely as well. Im mostly looking for opinions on brands and materials they are made from. Stuff to consider when buying them.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought the Soupys fully abjustable for my 06 Zx10. Very happy with them as i was frequently changing my setup from stretched to stock lenth. I got the 1 in extra lenth ones wich are a little to long because when switching back to stock wheel base bike is still 1 in lower than stock. Greatest benifit is that you don't have to jack up bike and remove link bolts to chage ride hight. Just loosen up lock nuts and twist away. Some type of lenth indacator would be a big help though to get both sides even. I just use a measuring tape to verify both sides are at correct lenth.

I have over 15k miles on bike,including drag strip, road race track days, commuting, and weekend blast up my favorite twisty back roads with them installed and no issues.

Last edited by BlkCasper; 02-01-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: update
post #5 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I used to be able to get these made for cheap in NY but now I have no contact with the person any more, but these gives me a lot of adjustability and once you remove the link once, you're able to change your height in about 15 mins afterwards.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the input on this guys! All of it really helps. Casper, how was installing the Soupys?

NinjeR, do you know who makes them or what material are they made from?

post #7 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
^true too. I just liked the idea of being able to adjust completely as well. Im mostly looking for opinions on brands and materials they are made from. Stuff to consider when buying them.
the adjustable ones are nice but the 3 hole ones will do the job. only take mins to lower the rear down and the ones i have are made out of billet aluminum.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

T7075 or T6061 aluminum
post #9 of 10 Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I will trade you 3 hole lowering links for your stock links.

post #10 of 10 Old 02-02-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink. View Post
I will trade you 3 hole lowering links for your stock links.
sorry, I want to keep the stock ones too. If I change my mind though, youll be the first to know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in