post #1 of 16 Old 08-05-2004, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to kawiman88
Like Tommy Dosen't have enough to deal with

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Aug/e/n040804a.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbikeplanet.com
Superbike should be the next step for Hayden. His contract expires after the season, but the cloudy atmosphere that surrounds Superbike these days makes jumping to Superbike a difficult step. "Obviously, that's been my plan. I was about 95% sure I was going to race Superbike here this year (in 2004), with Eric (Bostrom) and myself. We were negotiating the deal and then it fell apart," Hayden said.

In his younger days, Hayden rode Kawasaki and Yamaha Superbikes and would like another shot in the premier class. Hayden says it's not the big, bad machines that are important to him, but racing against the top names. "Superbikes, pitbikes, whatever ... I want the best guys in one class," said Tom. "That way, when you are driving home, you know if you were the third best guy that day or the first."

"I'm ready for the next step, the next level," he continued. "I feel there's another level here in the States. That's racing Mat and some of the other guys in Superbike. I just want to race with the best guys."
He's just dying to get on a superbike, but the guys at Big K wont get involved in AMA.
I say Kawi puts a factory team out there and watches Tommy sell their product.
Also, they would most likely win a championship!
I gurantee you Tommy and Roger could do it on a factory beast.

What are your guys thoughts on the AMA/anything to do with kawi and superbike '05?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-05-2004, 03:34 PM
SP8
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Re: Like Tommy Dosen't have enough to deal with

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiman88
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Aug/e/n040804a.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbikeplanet.com
Superbike should be the next step for Hayden. His contract expires after the season, but the cloudy atmosphere that surrounds Superbike these days makes jumping to Superbike a difficult step. "Obviously, that's been my plan. I was about 95% sure I was going to race Superbike here this year (in 2004), with Eric (Bostrom) and myself. We were negotiating the deal and then it fell apart," Hayden said.

In his younger days, Hayden rode Kawasaki and Yamaha Superbikes and would like another shot in the premier class. Hayden says it's not the big, bad machines that are important to him, but racing against the top names. "Superbikes, pitbikes, whatever ... I want the best guys in one class," said Tom. "That way, when you are driving home, you know if you were the third best guy that day or the first."

"I'm ready for the next step, the next level," he continued. "I feel there's another level here in the States. That's racing Mat and some of the other guys in Superbike. I just want to race with the best guys."
He's just dying to get on a superbike, but the guys at Big K wont get involved in AMA.
I say Kawi puts a factory team out there and watches Tommy sell their product.
Also, they would most likely win a championship!
I gurantee you Tommy and Roger could do it on a factory beast.

What are your guys thoughts on the AMA/anything to do with kawi and superbike '05?
Kawi is f-in up big time. They already lost Eboz to Ducati. If they loose Tommy, I'll freakin flip out. Let me tell you, I'm a bigtime Eboz fan. Not giving him a ZX10R Superbike killed him, and me. The same goes for my man Tommy.
post #3 of 16 Old 08-05-2004, 05:35 PM

Posting Frequency

maybe Franki chilli's team can give him a ride next year on the 10R. 8-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to kawiman88
Sp8,
I swear if they lose Tommy, unfortunately, King Kaw is gunna die. They have so much talent right now, Tommy, Roger, and Josh Hayes. They also have the best frigen bike out there. These guys are some of the best, and Kawi won't make a damn factory superbike team!
Losing EBoz was such a loss to Kawi its not even funny. He was kickin ass on a 800!!! comon Kawi!!!
Arrrgh!!!!
post #5 of 16 Old 08-06-2004, 03:29 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiman88
Losing EBoz was such a loss to Kawi its not even funny. He was kickin ass on a 800!!! comon Kawi!!!
Arrrgh!!!!
I'm with you on that man! EBoz was amazing to watch and I loved it when he would kick Mat "Cry Baby" Mladin's butt on the almighty GSX-R1000 with an underpowered ZX-7. They really F-ed up by letting him go. He would be totally dominating everyone on the 10! [smilie=m:

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #6 of 16 Old 08-06-2004, 03:38 AM

Posting Frequency

Even though back then I was'nt really a Kwaka fan he sure was great to watch on that thing, reving its tits off.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-07-2004, 04:24 PM
SP8
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I was talking about this on another site. Eboz is awesome on a I4. I to this day believe he would have beat Nicky Hayden in 2002, if his ZX7RR didn't have engine failures at the end of the season. That's got to hurt. If anything Kawi owes him a Championship.
post #8 of 16 Old 08-07-2004, 05:19 PM

Posting Frequency

Was it the $$, is that the reason he went to Ducati????
post #9 of 16 Old 08-07-2004, 05:32 PM
SP8
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp500
No it was dumbass Kawasaki not running any Superbikes.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-07-2004, 05:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp500
E'Boz was determined to race in the Superbike class and only Superbike class. He had another year on his Kawasaki contract. For many reasons, Kawasaki decided not to compete in AMA Superbike for the 2004 season. Since Bostrom's contract with kawasaki was for Superbike, he got out of his contract and moved to Ducati. Pre-season, on paper, he was one of the favorites. But things have not gone well for him on the Ducati. He just completed a test in Europe with the Ducati World Superbike riders. He was not familiar with the track and never got to try for a "fast lap" but he was slower than Regis Laconi and about the same speed as James Toseland. But they were on Pirelli tires and he was on the "faster" Michelins. After E'Boz left, Ducati brought in their Supersport rider, Lorenzo Lanzi, and put him on Toseland's bike with Michelin tires and he was 1 1/2 seconds a lap faster than Eric.... Lanzi is familiar with the track.

I think Bostrom should race a ZX10 Superbike for Kawasaki next year. But that won't happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in