kill time on airshifter help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

kill time on airshifter help

i just installed an airshifter on my 10...how do i know that i have the right time that my bike kills between shifts? when i hit the button, the bike kills and shifts,,but the bike falls pretty hard. is that normal? im used to letting off the throttle and shifting and knowing when the bike is gonna fall. on my kill box, i have a little hole where i put a phillips head and adjust it. which way is to increase the time and which way decreases it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Gonna need to give the brand and model for the module so that people will know which on your talkin about.

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

But I would say clock wise will increase the kill time and counter clockwise will decrease the kill time.

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

i bought the kit used so im not 100% sure. the guy got the kit off a hayabusa trade in and said he thought it was a pingel. it didnt have any stickers or decals on it.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I can't remember the exact times people are useing but I beleive it is in the 60-80 millesecond kill time. You should only feel a small burp of power loss. Especially since you can do full throttle shifts with the Module. I think someone was playing with it and turned it up to much.

post #6 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

how do i know if i dont have it killing enough? if i have it killing too much, wont the bike backfire??
post #7 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

60 miliseconds im gunning for 55

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
post #8 of 9 Old 03-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebar4
how do i know if i dont have it killing enough? if i have it killing too much, wont the bike backfire??
Just go out in the country and play with the kill time some. If it kills to long the bike will fall on its face in between shifts, and if you don't have enough kill it won't shift at all. Do very small adjustments at a time. Oh and it sounds like you have a MPS kill box ( which Pingel sells).
post #9 of 9 Old 03-22-2006, 04:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

turn the little screw clockwise until it stops, then turn it half way in opposite direction, thats 50 mil. which is plenty for it to shift without killing to long. thats what mine is set on.

HACKSTALL RACING AND ENGINEERING (H.R.E)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in