Kawi may be back in MotoGP - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Kawi may be back in MotoGP

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...?&R=EPI-105612

Kawasaki’s MotoGP team boss Michael Bartholemy is flying to Japan today (Tuesday) for crunch talks expected to decide the fate of a proposed rescue plan to keep John Hopkins and Marco Melandri on the grid in 2009.

MCN has learned that Bartholemy will meet senior Kawasaki management tomorrow (Wednesday), and sources have confirmed he will be given a final answer on whether two ZX-RR machines will be made available for the forthcoming campaign.

Bartholemy has been working on a rescue deal since Kawasaki team staff received notification of the Japanese factory’s decision to quit MotoGP on December 29.

Kawasaki’s failure to honour a commitment to supply bikes to MotoGP until the end of the 2011 series at least, could leave them facing a reported £20m fine from Dorna.

Carmelo Ezpeleta told tomorrow’s MCN that he is confident he will have 19 bikes on the grid for the first race in Qatar on April 12 as he too was heavily involved in brokering a rescue deal for Kawasaki.

A hint that Kawasaki might be willing to supply bikes to a ‘private’ team run by Bartholemy came today with the start of a planned two-day test in Phillip Island cancelled.

Having completed a two-day test on the 2009 prototype ZX-RR in Eastern Creek last weekend, test rider Olivier Jacque was due on track today in Phillip Island, venue for the Australia MotoGP race.

But now the team will only test tomorrow (Wednesday) to avoid breaching strict testing restrictions.

No team is allowed to test between December 1 and January 20, so to avoid any possible penalty for breaching the testing ban, Kawasaki opted not to run on track today.

The move suggests Kawasaki is seriously considering supplying a satellite team operation, with Bartholemy again at the helm.

MCN also understands that a mystery engineering firm has been sourced to manufacture a shortfall in 2009 spare parts and also help with development, with Kawasaki not seeking any active role in the running of the team or evolution of the bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanx for the info much apprreciated.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Superbike Racer

Posting Frequency

This is exiting. Guess we´ll never know for sure until the season starts.

N-TRADE RACING
Check out the website www.n-trade.se/racing
If you have Facebook -> http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/N-T...18149028208812
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

thanks for the info older guy
post #5 of 9 Old 01-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Wiz
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Wiz
Thats great news if it all goes ahead will have to check this weeks copy of MCN and see whats in it about that ...

Everbody Dies But Not Everyone Lives
Satin Black 05 .... plus lots of mods

Member of the Elite - Growler Group

post #6 of 9 Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

why is it that everyone else can run a somewhat successful set up in moto gp besides kawi? its so annoying, although when it come to moto gp i go for the rider more so than the brand, but it would still be nice to see them doing good and boosting kawis racing credibility.

-I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #7 of 9 Old 01-21-2009, 08:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
imagine how hard that is on the rider a team thats not really wanting to race and spend money and throw in the towel, thats just got to be so dissapointing on the riders part, i know there getting paid but man, if that were me riding id be giving it hell and trying to make something happen each and every race, and if that means throwing the bike down the track then so be it, and hopefully you can put in some decent finishes and get a ride for next season. just my 2cents. but im supporting Hayden all the way hope he does good this year.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
vr6
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...?&R=EPI-105612

Kawasaki’s MotoGP team boss Michael Bartholemy is flying to Japan today (Tuesday) for crunch talks expected to decide the fate of a proposed rescue plan to keep John Hopkins and Marco Melandri on the grid in 2009.

MCN has learned that Bartholemy will meet senior Kawasaki management tomorrow (Wednesday), and sources have confirmed he will be given a final answer on whether two ZX-RR machines will be made available for the forthcoming campaign.

Bartholemy has been working on a rescue deal since Kawasaki team staff received notification of the Japanese factory’s decision to quit MotoGP on December 29.

Kawasaki’s failure to honour a commitment to supply bikes to MotoGP until the end of the 2011 series at least, could leave them facing a reported £20m fine from Dorna.

Carmelo Ezpeleta told tomorrow’s MCN that he is confident he will have 19 bikes on the grid for the first race in Qatar on April 12 as he too was heavily involved in brokering a rescue deal for Kawasaki.

A hint that Kawasaki might be willing to supply bikes to a ‘private’ team run by Bartholemy came today with the start of a planned two-day test in Phillip Island cancelled.

Having completed a two-day test on the 2009 prototype ZX-RR in Eastern Creek last weekend, test rider Olivier Jacque was due on track today in Phillip Island, venue for the Australia MotoGP race.

But now the team will only test tomorrow (Wednesday) to avoid breaching strict testing restrictions.

No team is allowed to test between December 1 and January 20, so to avoid any possible penalty for breaching the testing ban, Kawasaki opted not to run on track today.

The move suggests Kawasaki is seriously considering supplying a satellite team operation, with Bartholemy again at the helm.

MCN also understands that a mystery engineering firm has been sourced to manufacture a shortfall in 2009 spare parts and also help with development, with Kawasaki not seeking any active role in the running of the team or evolution of the bike.
Your are one of the most respected guys on the board dude!!!

Much appreciated info.

By the way I plan following your steps on the suspension set up. I get the wallow now under fast sweepers.

You da man!
post #9 of 9 Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Flemo
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
If I was Kawasaki I would pay the fine, only after years of it being tied up in court.

Kawis best effort has been poor at best, now given a half hearted effort to a privater teams ensures last place finishes. Too embarassing. Tell Dorna to go to Hell.
This comment is right on the money. Kawasaki's attempt to withdraw from MotoGP has been extremely poorly handled, and makes them the laughing stock of the paddock - did they not have their lawyers check the contract out before going public with the announcement ?

Additionally, given Bartholemey's abysmal record over many years, I'm afraid any rescue package involving him and his management team would appear doomed from the start. Let's face it, despite having some very talented riders in recent years, the management and engineering teams are the guys needing to be accountable for the embrarrassing performance of the team !

My suggestion would be for Kawasaki to pay the fine quietly, and just get out of the MotoGP scene before embarrassing themselves any further. This has been a complete farce from the outset - time to cut their losses and fire the idiots who've made this such a public fiasco !!

Yes, you guessed it ... as a loyal Kawi fan of many years, I'm damned angry about how this has turned into an embarrassing joke !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in