A Kawasaki enthusiasts view on Kawasaki ZX10R and racing - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

A Kawasaki enthusiasts view on Kawasaki ZX10R and racing

Hello all heaths been failing but back... I was just wondering How YOU all feel about Kawasakis racing programs, this Years WSB effort and what you think will happen In NEXT years much promised, long anticipated world class dominating 2011 ZX10R. Personally I admit im Biased because of my like of my ZX14( traded even up for my ZX10R My sons are 6ft7and 6ft8, im 6ft4 the ZX14 just ..fit.. better )
Im dying to see kawasaki reinvent themselves as a force in racing , instead of being thought of as the company that makes good hot rod sport bikes that are ALMOST good enough to race. HOPEFULLY KHI has the sence to realize that they have painted themselves in a public relations corner making so many promises , under the cloak of secrecy on top of the fact the long wait time increases the pressure that the 2011 ZX10R is a world beater . BMW was in the same situation with the S1000. After such long anticipation and hype if the S1000 didnt produce.. Shock and Awe.. BMW would have been the Laughing stock of the motorcycle world .

If the passionless bean counters at KHI dont realize this PR dilema , Kawasaki could be the company( I was told KHI and Kawasaki act as 2 different companies) with egg on its face in the eyes of the motorcycle enthusiast .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake318 View Post
If the passionless bean counters at KHI dont realize this PR dilema , Kawasaki could be the company( I was told KHI and Kawasaki act as 2 different companies) with egg on its face in the eyes of the motorcycle enthusiast .

Seems like they already have to a point.....no motogp team,WSB team kinda failing already, and pretty much sucking a$$ in every other class except "maybe" 600's? i hope they can get it together and put a damn good team/rider together THAT WORKS! i'll always keep rooting for them though.....regardless
post #3 of 19 Old 05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Kawasaki made it on the scene as the company with the brutal motor less refined (compared to Honda) and all about the Ill say again, motor. Mach and the Z1900R. Thats what their claim to fame was and frankly what drew me to them from the inception. We got a little taste of race success with Eddie and the KZ1000 and Russell in the Muzzy days. I think they are always going to strive to be the best motor out there but in the rare years that they get the right combo, frame, suspension, motor, we are left with the dry spells between. The best bikes gixxers and lately the CBR dont do just one thing great but all things pretty well.
Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hope your health improves Jake.

Honestly, I didn't buy my 10R because of any racing...whether GP, AMA, WSBK...whatever.

Having said that, I sure wish that the 10R would do better...I know it's a good bike that has only gotten better in regards to track performance. The 4th Gen has some big shoes to fill....and I expect to see more motor, better suspension (BPF) and most importantly, a chassis that loves the track. Kawi can do it...we all know they can. I just hope they DO.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #5 of 19 Old 05-12-2010, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Greeniner its hard to judge how good Kawasaki racing was bad in the glory days because they had the BEST talent scout in the world ..period!! Spencer, Merkel , Baldwin , Lawson, Rainey ect ect ALL started with Kawasaki Contracts . Only 2 of the Greats/HOF riders that didnt start with Kawasaki was Kenny Roberts(Yamaha) and Kevin Schwantz(Suzuki) even back in the day Kawasaki found and signed all the great riders only to lose them with riders saying they wanted to stay with kawasaki but due to the fact Kawaski wouldnt develope the bikes they switched manufactures. BTW all the Japanese manufactures have dropped the ball before . After winning a title they stop with R&D relying on having superior rider to bridge the gap. Example: Kenny Robert SR His GP bike had little change since Agostinni and no R&D developement after first title!!!
He had to threaten to change manufacturers to get the ball rolling at the end of 82 season . And Suzuki slashed the R&D budget after Schwatz won his title also . Differance seems to be the other manufactures seem to learn their lesson and keep the R&D ball rolling where as KHI seems to run hot And cold on racng
post #6 of 19 Old 05-12-2010, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Speaking of kawasaki racxing machines . Drooling over the old racing pics, i noticed the 90s zx10r chassis was the traditional wrap around i-beam affair, not like the newer chasis that bends around and over the cylinder heads.

Asking/speaking to the engineer here who is into chassis design. Is this where kawasaki went wrong ? And needs to go back.then useing old design as bassis intigrate the new technology .

Sorry to bore you all , you know im into the mechanical engineering aspect . Who else would think it was fun doing a high performance build on a chinese giant touring scooter that came with chinsey pot metal gy6 honda clone engine. (bored/stroked to 200cc high comp, race cams , dome pistons ect )
its still cruising downthe highway as commuter for collage kid 40 miles each way. 7500 miles now ,burns 1 quart of oil every 500 miles.he cant complain we gave it to him for free lol
post #7 of 19 Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
Kawi does need better rep for their factory teams. In dirt they do awesome. Now for street they just don't seem to have it or at least the mechanics who are supposed to tune and refine the rides. Oh well, I will only buy Kawi since I have never had any problem whatsoever.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
post #8 of 19 Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

they need to make a more powerful engine than the s100rr, and make it light and small, everything else does not matter becuase it can be adjusted in racing. Like swaping to ohlins suspension or new brakes. The combination on the new zx6 is good, they just need to take those lessons and apply it to the new zx10, producing, hopefully, 185-190 rwhp stock, stock exhaust, no PC V. No matter how it handles I would buy it becuase I can always tweak the handling and turn characteristics. I believe they can increase the stock HP, the bikes are built solid and will last 70k mi easy. Most bikes will not see that mileage before they are wrecked or broke from misuse. I would say we could cut engine life down to 40k mi then rebuild. Besides 25-50% will only see below 3k before a squid totals it anyway.

Hotbodies GP Windscreen - Evo-Tech Exhaust Hanger
ST Machine Pig Spotters - Goodridge Steel Brake Lines
CRG Gold Shorty - Akrapovic Racing Exhaust
DynoJet PC V - Bridgestone BT-003RS
post #9 of 19 Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Kawi should do what BMW did. Check out all the Japanese motorcycles ever made then make a motorcycle out of all the best and most practical concepts.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Kawi's racing this year sucks they pulled all the contingency $ and pulled out of everything! :<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in