just got back from the strip - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

just got back from the strip

well i just got back from the quarter mile, not my normal stompin grounds but hey its fun every now and again. main reason for going was my back tire was in need of a change so i wanted to go ahead and finish it off. so anyway my first run just feelin out the track was a 12 something cause i let off. every other run no matter how i played it was an 11.2. 11.2 @130 miles an hour. 11.2 at 135 mph. i dont get it i couldnt make it any faster. grrrrrrr. i tried everything and every time i tried to give it close to full throttle all i did was wheelie the freakin thing. so i am satisified that if it was strapped and an extended swingarm i'd run a whole lot faster cause all i could do was about 3/4 throttle. however it was such a blast to light up that rear tire and then go screaming down that 1/4 mile. so much fun. not as fun as twisties but a blast just the same. now i just gotta figure out how to get all the rubber off the bike. oh yeah the finale to the nigth was gettin to pop the rear doin a burn out cause i got a pilot power here in the living room and i trailered it to the strip. fun night but i would rather waste the money on gas than entry fee.

Riding straight is boring.

PC3, TRE, KLEEN BLOCK OFF PLATES, K&N AIR FILTER, PIG SPOTTERS, INTEGRATED TAILLIGHT, EURO FLUSHMOUNT FRONT BLINKERS, YOSHIMURA SLIPON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Don't foget to check your chain and sprockets... and clutch...

The strip is hard on those things.

Pinkslip
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARBIRD
...ZX-10R... "Ein Hammer-Motor!"...
nuf said.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

you got it right there... nothing beats a good set of twisties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

oh yeah i checked it all before i put it on the trailer

PC3, TRE, KLEEN BLOCK OFF PLATES, K&N AIR FILTER, PIG SPOTTERS, INTEGRATED TAILLIGHT, EURO FLUSHMOUNT FRONT BLINKERS, YOSHIMURA SLIPON
post #5 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_R
well i just got back from the quarter mile, not my normal stompin grounds but hey its fun every now and again. main reason for going was my back tire was in need of a change so i wanted to go ahead and finish it off. so anyway my first run just feelin out the track was a 12 something cause i let off. every other run no matter how i played it was an 11.2. 11.2 @130 miles an hour. 11.2 at 135 mph. i dont get it i couldnt make it any faster. grrrrrrr. i tried everything and every time i tried to give it close to full throttle all i did was wheelie the freakin thing. so i am satisified that if it was strapped and an extended swingarm i'd run a whole lot faster cause all i could do was about 3/4 throttle. however it was such a blast to light up that rear tire and then go screaming down that 1/4 mile. so much fun. not as fun as twisties but a blast just the same. now i just gotta figure out how to get all the rubber off the bike. oh yeah the finale to the nigth was gettin to pop the rear doin a burn out cause i got a pilot power here in the living room and i trailered it to the strip. fun night but i would rather waste the money on gas than entry fee.
Drag racing is not as easy as everyone thinks it is!!! It takes skill to ride down the track at those speeds and those times.........

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
post #6 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 06:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

C'mon man, tell me you were in your car!!

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 06:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

J/K man, I don't drag so I really would'nt no how tough it is.

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATOR
C'mon man, tell me you were in your car!!
J/K man, I don't drag so I really would'nt no how tough it is.
its the first 1/8 mile that was a booger for me the last half is pretty much opening up third gear lol

post #9 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 06:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yea, I hear that, get that down and your good to go. I've messed around a bit on the street and know there is no way I'd go to the strip in my current contition (launches) they'd all laugh. I have nightmares about this .

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-18-2006, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATOR
Yea, I hear that, get that down and your good to go. I've messed around a bit on the street and know there is no way I'd go to the strip in my current contition (launches) they'd all laugh. I have nightmares about this .
my first one was definitely uhh how do you say embarassing but by the third and fourth i was gettin faster it is just something you gotta do to get better at and i would personally rather usually all my tire than the middle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in