just back from Wednesday night drags!!!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

just back from Wednesday night drags!!!!!

It’s been a couple of months or more since I been out racing and knew I am probably rusty but just wanted to go out not so much for time as the track really sucks on wed nights as they don’t prep it…..but really just go out and play.

Last year around this time I wasn’t that competitive but have done some practicing since then as some of you know already. So, I wanted to show my new skills out there. First though I want to say I was trying out what someone else said on this thread how they got better times launching at low RPMs so that’s all I did to test to see how it goes.

Well, first race was against another guy on a 05 10R riding it for his buddy. He normally races Wed. nights all the time on a ZX6. Mods on the 10R slammed as low as it can go 16T gearing. I can tell by how he was talking telling me he was going to show his buddy how to ride it that he probably thought he could beat me.

Result— left him right from the start..not even close. It was just a 10.6 to his 10.9s so I knew at that point the rust was there but the conditions were horrible and like I said I wasn’t there for time but to just play. So 1 down

Next Race a stock Hayabusa pulls up to me as he wanted to run. I didn’t know this guy but had a felling this was going to be even easier.

Result- Totally wasted him…..10.3s to his 10.9s…yeah a hayabusa doing 10.9s…he needs to get out more. 2 down

Next race. An 05 Gix 1k. I knew this guy ran on his last race a 10.27s as he showed it to me after my busa race. So, when It came down for my 3rd race he pulled up to me and said lets run. Now I know this light weight guy must have thought he was going to win this one. I didn’t tell him I did 10.07s months ago so I knew it might be competitive.

Result- Came up immediately in a bad wheelie…but never saw the gixxer. Seems he said he did too and once we were off I was in front and stood there. Bad times but at least the guy knew his bike wasn’t so powerful as to catch me. Times 10.4s for me 10.5s for him. 3 down....

So, I was just going out to play for a few runs and go home and I did, man that was fun…..

…..beer time……
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 10:41 PM
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Good job Bloo D...glad you had a great time!!

John 8:24:
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
post #3 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzzGuitarPlyr
Good job Bloo D...glad you had a great time!!
Sure did bud....think I'm going to go out and play more often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Hell yes!! What kind of 60ft's were you cutting? What are your mods?
post #5 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX06'10r
Hell yes!! What kind of 60ft's were you cutting? What are your mods?

That's what confused me. On the first run I got one if not the best 60 ever but one of my worst times lately. I got a 1.7s flat so was doing other things wrong because I should have been close to the 9s with that launch and my normal riding habbits. ......so more testing and play time to come.

oh...almost forgot the mods...just slip-on/lowerd/straped and pump gas and 16/40 gearing. 11k miles on the bike with stock clutch.
post #6 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 11:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
That's what confused me. On the first run I got one if not the best 60 ever but one of my worst times lately. I got a 1.7s flat so was doing other things wrong because I should have been close to the 9s with that launch and my normal riding habbits. ......so more testing and play time to come.

oh...almost forgot the mods...just slip-on/lowerd/straped and pump gas and 16/40 gearing. 11k miles on the bike with stock clutch.

Cool, was the bike spinning after the launch? Was it running hot? Did you shift early? Dam a 1.7 is really good, the best ive gotten is a 1.95 at [email protected], bone stock. My goal is a 1.8 60 ft stock height. What kind of tires are you running?
post #7 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Cool, was the bike spinning after the launch? Was it running hot? Did you shift early? Dam a 1.7 is really good, the best ive gotten is a 1.95 at [email protected], bone stock. My goal is a 1.8 60 ft stock height. What kind of tires are you running?
yeah, someone I always talk too at the track even said I was spinning like sideways or Squirrelly . guess it was really slippery but didn’t feel it that much but that’s what he said. Running Michelin Pilot Powers..not a drag tire but that’s all I got.

You really need to lower or strap your bike though. Stock height is not a good way to get better. It’s only when I lowered and strapped when I got much better.

Yeah..I was shifting much earlier than I normally do before 1st gear redline….or should I say before I was in wide open throttle. …but that was due to me messing around with my launch RPMs I normally do at 7-8k

But regardless…get at least a strap and you will see improvement.
post #8 of 21 Old 04-26-2006, 11:50 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
yeah, someone I always talk too at the track even said I was spinning like sideways or Squirrelly . guess it was really slippery but didn’t feel it that much but that’s what he said. Running Michelin Pilot Powers..not a drag tire but that’s all I got.

You really need to lower or strap your bike though. Stock height is not a good way to get better. It’s only when I lowered and strapped when I got much better.

Yeah..I was shifting much earlier than I normally do before 1st gear redline….or should I say before I was in wide open throttle. …but that was due to me messing around with my launch RPMs I normally do at 7-8k

But regardless…get at least a strap and you will see improvement.

I know I need to strap it but I just want to see how low I can go bone stock, I know it sounds dumb but that is what im trying for. Man, the shinko raven I jsut got is a hooking motha!! A lot of guys that drag race here are running the shinko's and now I know why. Give it a shot, I launch at 8000 right now and I want to try power shifting but I know it's going to send the front end in the air, as is I can barely keep it down. How far are you slipping for? What mph is the clutch full engaged?
post #9 of 21 Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I know I need to strap it but I just want to see how low I can go bone stock, I know it sounds dumb but that is what im trying for. Man, the shinko raven I jsut got is a hooking motha!! A lot of guys that drag race here are running the shinko's and now I know why. Give it a shot, I launch at 8000 right now and I want to try power shifting but I know it's going to send the front end in the air, as is I can barely keep it down. How far are you slipping for? What mph is the clutch full engaged?
that's my point..you really should not try to see how fast you can go on a 10 stock. It's wheelbase is so low especially compared to the other bikes out there that you need to lower and strap to get good times as the 10 is just not built for drag racing...mostly because the power it puts down and it's a wheelie monster.:headshake

yeah...might try the shinko's soon.
post #10 of 21 Old 04-27-2006, 12:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
that's my point..you really should not try to see how fast you can go on a 10 stock. It's wheelbase is so low especially compared to the other bikes out there that you need to lower and strap to get good times as the 10 is just not built for drag racing...mostly because the power it puts down and it's a wheelie monster.:headshake

yeah...might try the shinko's soon.
Should I slam it all the way around or just strap the front end? What is the best in your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in