Its Official Spies to Moto GP 2010 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Its Official Spies to Moto GP 2010

Spies will be riding Moto GP next year..
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Oct/091001a.htm

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Oct/091001b.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Yhea and Toseland to WSBK on a Yammi woth Crutchlow.
post #3 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Why does he want to go to GP? He's winning in superbike. Does he think he can beat Rossi or is it the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hey postwhore how'd you beat me to this???
NEWS 01/10/2009
Ben Spies to move to MotoGP in 2010

Yamaha Motor Company., Ltd herewith confirms that Ben Spies, currently 2nd in the World Superbike Championship, will be moving to the MotoGP Championship in 2010 to join the Tech 3 Yamaha Team. The Texan recently signed a two-year deal with Yamaha, which originally planned for him to remain in World Superbike for one more year before moving to MotoGP in 2011, but Spies and Yamaha together have decided to advance the move by one year. The 25-year-old is currently just three points behind and has just two more World Superbike rounds to contest in his efforts to win his and Yamaha’s first World Superbike title.

“I want to thank Yamaha globally for their faith in me,” said Spies. “They have treated me like royalty! Yamaha just recently allowed me to rethink my contract for 2010-2011; I did sign for WSB for 2010 but after Indy I began thinking of the competition and my age versus waiting until 2011. This was not an easy decision, the Yamaha World Superbike Team crew and especially Massimo (Maio) Meregalli have been fantastic and it’s been great fun to put in a season together. I am hoping that I can give Maio, Laurens Klein Koerkamp and everyone else a championship to remember this year with me. My thanks also extend to ‘Infront’, the promoter of the WSB series, especially Paolo Ciabatti. I have enjoyed his series and this first year racing in Europe. Now I have two challenges, to complete this year giving my best and to move towards new goals in MotoGP. Herve Poncharal at Tech 3 is showing his support by allowing me to come on board with my Crew Chief Tom Houseworth and Gregory Wood, my mechanic, who have both been with me since AMA days. We will have learning curves to overcome next year but I am up for the new goal. I hope to have a good year and my goal is to try and stay in the top 6-8 which, given the talented line up, will be a tall order. With the world upside down, there is one constant for me and that's Yamaha.”

Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing, said “Following the announcement of Ben’s two year deal with Yamaha one month ago, he has reassessed his options and decided that he would like to move to MotoGP sooner rather than later. Yamaha has considered his request and together with Tech 3 we were able to find a way to make it happen. Ben has done a fantastic job in his rookie season in World Superbike and we are very excited to now be welcoming him into our MotoGP program sooner than we originally expected. We believe that Ben will be a fast learner next season and a strong future championship contender. We look forward to working with him in the years ahead“

Laurens Klein Koerkamp of Yamaha Motor Europe commented, "Of course we’re sorry to see Ben leave Yamaha’s World Superbike program and we are currently enjoying a fantastic season with him, but it’s clear that it’s the right decision for Ben’s career and for Yamaha. One of Yamaha’s goals is to bring up future MotoGP talent through Superbike and it is satisfying for us to see that this rider development route is working. Before he moves we still have some serious business to finish with Ben this year at the remaining two rounds!

“Although Ben will be missed I have no doubt that our new World Superbike line-up for next year will see us once again challenging for the title. We will be cheering loudly for Ben in MotoGP and we look forward to seeing him on the YZR-M1.”
post #5 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

this is great news . With Spies Popularity i can see him getting parts right behind Rossi . I think hes going to be a contender right out of the box . Lorenzo is starting to sweat right about now lol. Edward has to knoe hes second fiddle on the team and being the two riders styles are so different Edwards cant be a help to Spies .
post #6 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

After seeing Simoncelli perform the way he did in WSBK, him and Spies will constantly be battling for positions 6-8.

I wonder if he'll become a "GP refugee" in a couple years if the economy doesn't get better?
post #7 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1346 View Post
Why does he want to go to GP? He's winning in superbike. Does he think he can beat Rossi or is it the money.
He can and will beat Rossi!
post #8 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1346 View Post
Is this a serious question? MotoGP is the pinnacle to which these guys shoot for. Guys who returm to WSBK is because they couldnt make it in MotoGP. Haga, Bayliss, now Toseland. I could go on and on.
post #9 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Rracer View Post
He can and will beat Rossi!
I certainly hope so - someone has to someday, and it would be awesome for it to be a well-spoken guy from Texas.
post #10 of 33 Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I think it's going to be a whole new ball game next year. After watching Simoncelli walk over more than half the guys in WSBK, and Spies performance thus far on a inferior bike. Rossi, Lorenzo, Simoncelli, Spies, Pedrosa, and maybe even hayden if he sorts that bike out will be all competing for the top. Not to mention Bautista and others who could also shine.

OH MY LORD I'm way to excited!

2008 ZX-10R - Candy Plasma Blue

Last edited by angry moose; 10-01-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in