That Brickyard Race was an embarrasment for NASCAR.
Competition cautions ever 10 laps to check tire wear and many were blowing after 9 laps. That race was a JOKE!
NASCAR IMO is or may be in BIG trouble. Their ratings are way down, even in the south. They have made MANY MANY mistakes the past few years.
1. When did Toyota ever make a 350CI V8 with 2 valves per cylinder with a Carburetor?
2. COT car completely sux besides being UGLEEEE
3. Moving the Labor day race from Darlington to that 1 groove track in California.
4. Banning the Confederate flag
5. Banning "creative" cheating
6. Banning Racers fighting and throwing helmets at cars.
7. Banning WINSTON and changing the name to Nextel, then a year later to Sprint.
8. What happened to the Busch clash? Bud shootout was OK but thats gone after this year. STUPID STUPID STUPID
9. No more Winston Million series (win 3 out of 5 select race)
I could probably come up with a dozen more bullit points.
NASCAR sux. Ask Sam Hornish Jr.