If a new U.S sbk series was started how would we want the rules - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do

Posting Frequency

If a new U.S sbk series was started how would we want the rules

A few of us took a ride yesterday afternoon and while eating a little supper we got on the current shit storm called ama/dmg's racing series. we all were in agreement that whoever starts one ( i know i know we've heard this before but the rumors on the street is something is in the works) should follow FIM world SBK type rules, it seems to be working quite well over in europe & other countries where they race. what other suggestions can you guys think of? im done with ama, i hope somebody steps up to the plate & gets U.S motorcycle roadracing back on track

Rape is no laughing matter.
Unless you're raping a clown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 11:59 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
:iamwithst

Totally agree with you on this. Adopt the WSBK model and be done. That series is popular everywhere else and the US might actually attract/train some high caliber riders into the series with some close racing that the manufacturers would get behind and support. In fact, I would imagine that if the AMA series was virtually identical to the WSBK rules, the manufacturers could control costs by using the same machines to run both series.

From the looks of the current AMA series and the support its getting, I bet next year it will be non-existant. :headshake

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I would like to se the Premier class pretty much mirror WSBK, I think they have a formula that works pretty well right now (until Ducati builds a even bigger twin and wants it legal that is)

I would also like to see, just for shits and giggles, a completely box stock class. Only mods are race bodywork and DOT tires. You could remove all the signals and safety wire and stuff, but i mean box stock, no exhaust, no ecu, no suspension, no brake upgrads, just stock. i think that would be alot of fun to watch, only problem is no pro racers or teams would want anything to do with it.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I would like to se the Premier class pretty much mirror WSBK, I think they have a formula that works pretty well right now (until Ducati builds a even bigger twin and wants it legal that is)

I would also like to see, just for shits and giggles, a completely box stock class. Only mods are race bodywork and DOT tires. You could remove all the signals and safety wire and stuff, but i mean box stock, no exhaust, no ecu, no suspension, no brake upgrads, just stock. i think that would be alot of fun to watch, only problem is no pro racers or teams would want anything to do with it.
what about suspension and brake upgrades, that might be a safety issue considering the speeds and hard braking needed for racing?
post #5 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10Duran View Post
what about suspension and brake upgrades, that might be a safety issue considering the speeds and hard braking needed for racing?
No, I agree with 9r... Keep it stock, that way we will never get another 10r with crappy brakes like the 1st and 2nd gen bikes. Make it the manufacturer's problem to make sure they put the good shit on there.

04 10R - My late brother's bike, will keep forever
03 636 - Track bike build in progress
92 Foxbody coupe, 5.0, 5spd.

FASTEST CHICKEN IN THE SOUTH!
post #6 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Nope! I see where 9R is going with that and it makes sense to me. NO upgrades to the bikes at all. Talk about a cheap series for the privateers to get in on and the ultimate in bike reviews. Stock vs stock, you'd know if an R1 is better at the track than a CBR/ZX/GSXR or vice versa (yeah it's all about the rider, but still). If the OEM brakes or suspension isn't up to handling the speeds, then you don't/can't ride the bike as hard and that's your limitation to deal with as a rider.

I think it would be a neat concept for a support class.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #7 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Just imagine how good the bikes would become if they had to run them stock!

I don't see how adopting WSBK rules is going to make for better, closer racing in the US. There just isn't the support ($$$$) for it here. And up until this year, we had rules that allowed for big $$ super bikes. How did that work out?

BTW, 2 riders other than Matt Mladin on something other than a Suzuki have actually won races this year... Mladin still has a commanding lead in the points, but you'd have to go back pretty far to find a year where 3 different makes of bike have won races in AMA Superbikes.

Chris

post #8 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Nope! I see where 9R is going with that and it makes sense to me. NO upgrades to the bikes at all. Talk about a cheap series for the privateers to get in on and the ultimate in bike reviews. Stock vs stock, you'd know if an R1 is better at the track than a CBR/ZX/GSXR or vice versa (yeah it's all about the rider, but still). If the OEM brakes or suspension isn't up to handling the speeds, then you don't/can't ride the bike as hard and that's your limitation to deal with as a rider.

I think it would be a neat concept for a support class.
Exactly, if Kawi wants to put crappy brakes on the bike, thats their perogitive, if anything, bikes flaws will be magnified and manufacturers will make changes to the bikes, i.e some italian bikes come with SS lines, etc. Adding small stuff to production bikes ,could make a big difference if there was emphasis on a all stock series.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #9 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Exactly, if Kawi wants to put crappy brakes on the bike, thats their perogitive, if anything, bikes flaws will be magnified and manufacturers will make changes to the bikes, i.e some italian bikes come with SS lines, etc. Adding small stuff to production bikes ,could make a big difference if there was emphasis on a all stock series.
exactly but look at the price for those DUC's and Aprilla's thats a price difference of a couple G's because they come with superior equipment. We all complain cause new 10's are selling for 11-12K's imagine a zx-10 for 16K?
post #10 of 31 Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Quote:
imagine a zx-10 for 16K?
That would probably save 9R to 10R some money on his bikes.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in