How do I get started racing my ford focus on street type courses? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

How do I get started racing my ford focus on street type courses?

I don't want to drag race, and the car is not ready for rally racing.. So where can I get a start? Get my foot in the door and start learning, or actually racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 PM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

There are track days for bikes and for cars. Many tracks rent out the place for car track day organizations too. My brother-in-law does the same thing I do, except I take my 10R and he takes his BMW.

Just search the Internet for driving schools and try to find one in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalwaagn View Post
I don't want to drag race, and the car is not ready for rally racing.. So where can I get a start? Get my foot in the door and start learning, or actually racing.
I would start by selling the focus and getting a car that will do over 85mph without blowing up or running at redline the whole time or check into a focus forum maybe?......NOT knocking you as i have a little hyundai hatchback and the last thing i ever thought when i look at it is "i'm gonna take that little bastard to the track"!! to each his own but i'm just saying...
OH yeh......... to the forum

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
You might try a ford site or hit up O'Reillys for some neons, a wing, and a muffler?WTF does a focus have in common with a 10R?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #5 of 7 Old 07-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

the easiest and cheapest way to get into racing is autocrossing. Courses can be set up anywhere. Usually a large parking lot all you need is cones. Multiple classes and how fast your car can or can not go is not really a big deal. look up your local chapter of SCCA online. There are bound to be races close to you on just about a weekly basis. I'm a hardcore VW guy but a Focus can be set up to be quite a good handling car.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 12:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

what 04black10r said. Autocross is a good way to get into racing and see if it something that you want to really sink money into without having to go full bore from the start. It is just you against the clock racing through cones. No gravel pits and barriers. Worst case scenerio in autocross is you drive your car home with some black marks were you hit a cone or two which you probably will. Yes the orange cones make black marks.

Since most are held in empty parking lots the coarse are finnesse bias so low hp isn't that big a deal.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #7 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I think he may have joined here thinking the zx10r site are for ford focus zx4 that are really suped up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in