hey lets all get our money together and buy Kawi a WSBK rider - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

hey lets all get our money together and buy Kawi a WSBK rider

sorry just venting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I'm available. it was a good race.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #3 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I really like Laconi but what a dissapointment Tamada is! what Kawi needs is a development rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Well it is being proved over and over again that Honda has the liter bike to have. I was so damn impressed with Hannspree Hondas bike and rider today Checa it just kills me to see kawi placed in the top 10 because half the field crashed out in race one. Just think if this didn't happen kawi would have come in like 15th or higher. Or if they had the money and development of the bike and even cared to put forth an effort they should have capitalized on the fact that so many crashed out , and they could have pulled off a podium. See we can't say its tires here or bike because these guys are riding the pants off these machines. Kawis new bike just has been developing and headed down the wrong path. See why is it that Honda seems to be the one headed for lighter faster bikes so too is Ducati. Kawi can have the fastest bike in the world on paper but what good is it if it can't be used. I guess that means all kawi cares about is letting there customers know they can go to there local hangout and talk shit about how fast there bike is on the dyno but forget riding the damn thing because its a race won at the bar or hang out talking shit with friends about who has the most HP. I really can't stand the direction kawi is headed with there product. The 6R is a great bike but the liter bike is so f***ed up. Here is something you should look at 08 CBR1000RR swingarm and new suspension. It's a work of art. Just venting I love kawi but this new bike should be scratched along with what the hell will be out in 2010 seeing it's most likley going to be a big flop. Great thread by the way.

I'm not fast I'm just faster than you
Bikes owned
97 ZX11, 98 R1, 00 CBR929, 02 RC51, 02 Duc 998, 02 GSXR 1000, 04 GSXR 600, 05 ZX10R, 05 ZX6R, 06 Husky TE 510, 07 ZX6R, 04 GSXR 750, 2001 CBR929RR, 2007 ZX10R SE Hows my resume
post #5 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger View Post
Well it is being proved over and over again that Honda has the liter bike to have. I was so damn impressed with Hannspree Hondas bike and rider today Checa it just kills me to see kawi placed in the top 10 because half the field crashed out in race one. Just think if this didn't happen kawi would have come in like 15th or higher. Or if they had the money and development of the bike and even cared to put forth an effort they should have capitalized on the fact that so many crashed out , and they could have pulled off a podium. See we can't say its tires here or bike because these guys are riding the pants off these machines. Kawis new bike just has been developing and headed down the wrong path. See why is it that Honda seems to be the one headed for lighter faster bikes so too is Ducati. Kawi can have the fastest bike in the world on paper but what good is it if it can't be used. I guess that means all kawi cares about is letting there customers know they can go to there local hangout and talk shit about how fast there bike is on the dyno but forget riding the damn thing because its a race won at the bar or hang out talking shit with friends about who has the most HP. I really can't stand the direction kawi is headed with there product. The 6R is a great bike but the liter bike is so f***ed up. Here is something you should look at 08 CBR1000RR swingarm and new suspension. It's a work of art. Just venting I love kawi but this new bike should be scratched along with what the hell will be out in 2010 seeing it's most likley going to be a big flop. Great thread by the way.
I don't think it's the bikes as much as it is the riders they're hiring. If you're assuming that the bike is f***ed than so is the 1000RR. Honda won the championship last year with Toseland a basically dominated on their '07. But I would be massivly suprised if they did it this year. How many races has Honda won this year or even come close to winning?
post #6 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 07:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

"hey lets all get our money together and buy Kawi a WSBK rider"

It's not the riders ...I'm afraid the bike lacks R & D (=more dedication from

the factory)...to put it midly

Laconi in 2004, on a factory DUC., dumped the championship (lost to

Toseland) for a few points, dude is not slow...

'06 green ZX-10R Race / '05 orangina ZX-10R track

Wera West Expert #95
post #7 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 07:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The presenters did say last night, the bike is still running a stock airbox and it's not big enough... Show's the bike is behind somewhat in development...
post #8 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 08:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't think it's the bikes as much as it is the riders they're hiring. If you're assuming that the bike is f***ed than so is the 1000RR. Honda won the championship last year with Toseland a basically dominated on their '07. But I would be massivly suprised if they did it this year. How many races has Honda won this year or even come close to winning?
Its early and I and you and the rest of us know that rider is 90% part of the equation no doubt. But lets see how things play out we should have a poll or money pot on here and I will take Checa and his Honda over kawi getting a podium this year. Remember that it has been said over and over that Honda is at a disadvantage here with the least developed bike and at the end of the day what sells bikes Winning races knowing that you are riding the badest bike on the market at least thats the way I see it and most others do. With the exception of the lovers of a certain brand like a few of us on here. Look at how many of us here that have some sort of signature of how fast or how much power our Kawis have a few of us wouldn't you say? But we aren't winning races now are we This new bike was built around motor and suspension last. Also what the hell good is a bike if you don't have confidence in the machine. Lets use this idea folks lets all get Jay Lenos Jet bike and sit at the start finish line wave to the crowd as the flag waves to start the race and stay put because we have the fastest bike, there is no reason to race we already have the fastest bike

Bikes owned
97 ZX11, 98 R1, 00 CBR929, 02 RC51, 02 Duc 998, 02 GSXR 1000, 04 GSXR 600, 05 ZX10R, 05 ZX6R, 06 Husky TE 510, 07 ZX6R, 04 GSXR 750, 2001 CBR929RR, 2007 ZX10R SE Hows my resume
post #9 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I like kawi and always have but what do you see here in the 08 10R that's different and a huge improvement over the past few years models ? More power thats what is selling this bike and also if I was in kawis shoes I would do exactly what they are doing its great for profits sell the same product year after year making few changes but giving it more power because that's what sells. What do we read in every mag KAWI HAS THE MOST POWER , I CAN'T HOLD ON TO THIS THING, ITS TOO FAST. As long as we read these comments kawi will stay in the same place and offer the same bike with slight changes until they are forced to change. Thats what happened in 04 isn't it. Sales were killing them and most of us who bought that fist generation 10R would all be on other bikes if it weren't for the change they were forced to make.

Bikes owned
post #10 of 21 Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger View Post
Its early and I and you and the rest of us know that rider is 90% part of the equation no doubt. But lets see how things play out we should have a poll or money pot on here and I will take Checa and his Honda over kawi getting a podium this year. Remember that it has been said over and over that Honda is at a disadvantage here with the least developed bike and at the end of the day what sells bikes Winning races knowing that you are riding the badest bike on the market at least thats the way I see it and most others do. With the exception of the lovers of a certain brand like a few of us on here. Look at how many of us here that have some sort of signature of how fast or how much power our Kawis have a few of us wouldn't you say? But we aren't winning races now are we This new bike was built around motor and suspension last. Also what the hell good is a bike if you don't have confidence in the machine. Lets use this idea folks lets all get Jay Lenos Jet bike and sit at the start finish line wave to the crowd as the flag waves to start the race and stay put because we have the fastest bike, there is no reason to race we already have the fastest bike
Well I'm not sure if we're talking about Superbikes or the street bikes we're offered right now. Just to be clear; as far as the SBK I think that it probably is R&D as Felix said as well as getting some top riders.
As far as the street version goes, what I've seen from the tests so far is that the 10 has more power, better brakes and handles better than the 1000RR. But the front end shakes violently under hard acceleration robbing riders of confidence, and I can attest to this. That however is an easy fix with a proper and less crappy damper. Putting heavier oil in my damper as well as raising the forktubes 4mm has greatly reduced the shakes.
Even if the new 10 didn't handle as well as the Honda it's still a big step in the right direction at least from the '04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in