Hayden on the 08 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-06-2007, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Lillfool Send a message via Skype™ to Lillfool
Hayden on the 08

Looks like Hayden is positive about the upcoming season.

December 01, 2007

Chris Martin

After opening the Daytona tire test on his #1-plated Supersport racer, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Roger Hayden finally threw a leg over the all-new ZX-10R Superbike in the afternoon.

At the end of the day Hayden remarked on the potential of the racer despite its early stage of development. “My initial thoughts are that it’s definitely better than what we had last year. That’s encouraging for sure. We’ve still got a lot of stuff to try and I feel like tomorrow we can go a little bit better than we did today. So far I’m pretty happy with it. We’ve just got to keep trying to improve and see what happens.

“We went to Japan and kind of struggled a little bit there but I feel like they’ve even improved it since then. That was nice. I only rode it this afternoon. Tomorrow I’ll probably ride it even more just because it’s the new bike. The 600 we had last year. I’m looking forward to that, just try to make it better and hopefully get a little bit more comfortable on it.”

Hayden’s praise is very similar to the feedback being given by teammate Jamie Hacking and Kawasaki test rider Akira Yanagawa. “Around the banking it’s a lot more stable. The old bike was like hanging onto a bull coming around the banking. This one is a lot nicer which makes it a little bit more enjoyable around here.

“I think we’ve improved a little bit in both (engine and chassis). It seemed a little bit faster than what we had last year and the chassis seemed a little bit more stable. This is the only track that we’ve rode it and I think everybody knows that Daytona is way different than every other track that you will ever go to. From what we’ve seen, I think it’s going to be good for us but we won’t know that until we go there.”

At the end of last season, Hayden wasn’t completely decided as to whether or not he’d be defending his newly-earned #1 plate in the Supersport class. The Kentuckian has confirmed that he in fact will and said he’s satisfied to continue the two-class route, which has both positives and negative associated with it.

“Yeah, I’m happy,” Hayden said. “One way I look at it is if you’re struggling on the Superbike, you have another class to try to run at the front. Sometimes the track time helps but other times riding those classes back-to-back like that… I mean Virginia, we came in off the track (following the Supersport race) and they blew the two minute horn (for the Superbike race). It’s 105 degrees, full-blown humidity. That’s the worst part about it. Once you’re riding you’re not that hot but once you come in that’s when the temperature turns up. That’s the hard part about it. It’s hard to do those races back-to-back, and it is extra wear and tear on your body -- more fluids you lose during the weekend. But at the same time all the extra track time could be an advantage”
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-06-2007, 01:48 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to djblacksuperman Send a message via MSN to djblacksuperman Send a message via Yahoo to djblacksuperman
whoo hoo, speed channel here i come!

post #3 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Funshine Bear

Location: Back on the road again. Auto club speedway is my new home.
Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to minichevy
I can't wait. I am going to try and make 4 of the races

If you ain't first, your last!
Thats a registered trade mark of Rick Bobby INC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
damn!! i want his helmet bad!!!

Shorty's Performance
post #5 of 6 Old 12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to JaydeeZX10 Send a message via Yahoo to JaydeeZX10
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnessracing View Post
damn!! i want his helmet bad!!!

2007 ZX10
post #6 of 6 Old 12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I hope they do a lot better on the superbike this year. Actually i hope anybody is up front with either mladin or spies.

Holderman
Wera Expert #427
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in