had some fun - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-08-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

had some fun

i'm normally into the racing thing but today me and my buddy decided to do some roll ons. Sorry i don't have videos but i had to gloat because i beat a gsxr lmao. i'm on a 04 zx-10 and he's on a 05 gsxr 1000. mods pretty much exactly the same with the exception of different brand slip-on pipes. but both dynoed tuned, pc3, Atre, -1 in the front, secondaries removed. the difference between us is i have 1/5 conversion and my servo cables are still in, his are removed. NOTE, we are both fairly experienced street riders and i would consider us equal for the most part. neither been to a drag strip though.

first race, 2 gear roll from 40: honestly no contest, i blew him out of the water! he said i had 10 bike lengths on him before he even saw 3rd gear.

second race, 3 gear roll on from 70: (he claimed his bike was a beast in third from anywhere) so that's the speed where he said he had the most giddy up. we were DEAD EVEN the entire length of 3rd gear, i'm talking handle bar to handle bar. literally the second i got into 4th gear, i jumped about a full 2 bike lengths in front of him according to him, and then just slowly created more and more gap!

third race, 4th gear from 90: again no contest

so, i knew my bike was fast but i honestly expected them to closer. would the 1/5 throttle insert give me that jump because it's quicker fuel injection? or is me having the servo cables in giving me a better jump down low?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

1/5th throttle could have something to do with it. Even though you're geared the same, the trans gearing could be different.

Also, maybe you're a better rider than he is. Next time switch bikes and see what happens.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, I have raced a few 05/06 1k, I've beat most, but I never got a 10 bike length jump on one...those 05/06 are a beast.

40mph 2nd gear? I would've left in f1st! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, I have raced a few 05/06 1k, I've beat most, but I never got a 10 bike length jump on one...those 05/06 are a beast.

40mph 2nd gear? I would've left in f1st! =)
soo funny you say that, because i did! he called me out on it immediately through the chatterbox because my wheel went straight up haha! i was ohhh yeah my gi pro must of been delayed in telling me what gear i was in

Last edited by Btrain87; 06-09-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: didn't proof read lol
post #5 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrain87 View Post
soo funny you say that, because i did! he called me out on it immediately through the chatterbox because my wheel went straight up haha! i was ohhh yeah my gi pro must of been delayed in telling me what gear i was in
I figured as much! lol Oh well, at least he feels bad on his GSXR for the time being, until he figures out he should be leaving in lower gears...then you'll have some real fun
post #6 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

actually that reminds me, i noticed my shift light comes on around 11k but the red line 13k. is that a safety thing to help preserve engine life? i actually shifted once i saw it but, could i ride it to the red line before shifting or not a good idea? also is there a way to adjust when the shift light come on or would that require an ecu flash?
post #7 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrain87 View Post
actually that reminds me, i noticed my shift light comes on around 11k but the red line 13k. is that a safety thing to help preserve engine life? i actually shifted once i saw it but, could i ride it to the red line before shifting or not a good idea? also is there a way to adjust when the shift light come on or would that require an ecu flash?
You can set your shift light. I'll assume your previous owner liked it at 11k, some like it right at redline...I like mine at around 12.5

There's a "how to" on adjusting the shift light on here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

oh awesome thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in